Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Too many passive skill but only 3 slot

Chaqaron

As you know we get passives from race major disciplines minor disciplines and weapon discipline but we only got 3 slot so i dont understand logic behind that. If i can use only 3 passive why all discipline runes got passives buffs? Are Minor discipline runes pointless?  We just have 3 minor discipline for amulet ring etc? or there will be any mechanic which gives extra passive skill slot ?

Not understand the idea behind this. We are already choosing 2 major+1 wep+3 minor disciplines from many disciplines, why we got 6 slot if we only use 3 of them (it is only posible when we dont use racial passive otherwise we have less slot for disciplines in passsive skill bar) ?

27 minutes ago, Chaqaron said:

We are already choosing 2 major+1 wep+3 minor disciplines from many disciplines, why we got 6 slot if we only use 3 of them (it is only posible when we dont use racial passive otherwise we have less slot for disciplines in passsive skill bar) ?

The major and weapon disciplines also give abilities and passive stat boots, not just slottable passives. Some of the minors also give abilities instead of passives. Sometimes you choose a discipline for the abilities or stats and not for the passives. Also, FWIW the racial passives do not use one of your three slots.

aeei5jG.png

16 minutes ago, Chaqaron said:

hmm so its looks like i have to choose minors with ability or item otherwise it is not looks possible or change my race&class 

What? that doesn't make sense at all. Every race and class will have unique passive and active abilities. What doesn't look possible to you? 

17 minutes ago, Chaqaron said:

too many passive  couldnt fit in 3 slot :) what ever i did :D:D so i ll change my strategy :)  no point to pick 3 of 11 passives :) 

When they update things, can have up to 4 passive slots and racial is a freebie. So we will have 1 Racial Passive + 4 Standard Passives.

Like pretty much any game with character building, you'll have to pick n choose what fits your build best at the time.

15 minutes ago, APE said:

When they update things, can have up to 4 passive slots and racial is a freebie. So we will have 1 Racial Passive + 4 Standard Passives.

Like pretty much any game with character building, you'll have to pick n choose what fits your build best at the time.

Thanks for this info :) <3 it will be enough :)

6 hours ago, APE said:

I think at this moment(cause not all racial passive are in) you get 3 passive 1 racial. Human passive gives and extra std passive 

21 minutes ago, Muta said:

I think at this moment(cause not all racial passive are in) you get 3 passive 1 racial. Human passive gives and extra std passive 

Correct, should of specified. Said up to 4, but human only so far. Wouldn't be surprised if they added ways to gain more like Disciplines granting gear/power slots.

16 minutes ago, APE said:

Correct, should of specified. Said up to 4, but human only so far. Wouldn't be surprised if they added ways to gain more like Disciplines granting gear/power slots.

Human racial  also gives +1 power slot.  The rest can use Expansive Mind minor dis. For +1 powerslot(not working atm)

Every vessel will have a racial passive, that is always on. That's the extra passive and active slot for humans or the trailmaster for elken, in addition you get a metric ton of passives of which only 3 are active at a time. so 3 standart passives + 1 racial passive

Also in the recent video about action harvesting Blair did mention that they plan to allow you to slot in passives based off of which tray your in.

So technically you will have passives per tray. Meaning if you pick a minor rune that helps when in survival tray you put that passive in the survival tray. If you grab a weapon rune that gives you a new tray (ie. getting to use a bow as a ranged weapon) or just boosts your primary (passive that gratnts bonus damage or something to your melee weapon), you can put the passive from it into the tray its used for (new ranged tray/keep it in your melee tray). And for characters with the stealth tray any disciplines that give them passives or abilities they can use in stealth they can slot those into the stealth tray.

So really you dont have "3" passives slots. You have "3 passive slots per tray" which is a minimum of 2 trays (6 passives slots) and a max of 4 trays (12 passive Slots)

12 hours ago, Chaqaron said:

so what will happen at realese ? 4 standart passive + 1 racial passive + ( 1 extra power slot if you are human ) = 5 or 6 passive at the end? Is there a topic writen by ACE about this ?

They don't really update the FAQ often so pretty much have to piece together what they announce with news updates. Along with summaries people put together from Q&A and stream stuff if you don't watch/read everything.

They could add in any number of changes to current systems as well as simply adding systems that aren't live yet.

Only thing we know for sure is that creating a build will require some picking and choosing, you won't be able to do it all. If you want more passive, power, or gear slots, choose races/disciplines that provide them.

Beyond enjoying a race/class combo, bit early to be worrying or planning out specific builds.

19 hours ago, APE said:

They don't really update the FAQ often so pretty much have to piece together what they announce with news updates. Along with summaries people put together from Q&A and stream stuff if you don't watch/read everything.

They could add in any number of changes to current systems as well as simply adding systems that aren't live yet.

Only thing we know for sure is that creating a build will require some picking and choosing, you won't be able to do it all. If you want more passive, power, or gear slots, choose races/disciplines that provide them.

Beyond enjoying a race/class combo, bit early to be worrying or planning out specific builds.

Yeap its early for make decisions ... my first obj is find a group for play together but last time i joined a group they have obsesion about overplay at beta tests which is not my priority at beta state at least till open beta period. Thats why i decided to wait till open beta for find group then i ll decide to my race/class/proffesion which will suit with my play time and group needs.