Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
technomage

Insane memory usage

So I recently loaded up Crowfall for the test that is of today. When playing it I came across an insane issue... Crowfall was using over 6 MILLION memory. This took around 70% of my total physical memory when running it. My computer is pretty average for a gaming desktop and this is an issue I've never encountered. I attempted to change all options down to minimal and turn off everything and this issue still occurred...

Specs:

OPS: 64 Bit Windows 7 Professional

Processor: AMD FX-8350

8 GB of RAM (though I use an external 2TB hard drive, only thing on my actual computer is Windows and my anti-virus)

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 

Is this my computer being the issue or something with the game? Would love to know. :)

A few nights ago, during some group v group fights on my computer Crowfall.exe topped out at using 14 GB of memory. My system starting seizing up as it switched to trying to use a page file for virtual memory. The memory leak issue is pretty bad.

- Uses 2 GB of RAM just at the main splash screen after logging in, which in of itself is pretty bad.

- Uses a minimum of like 7 GB on my computer for Basic Graphics settings, jumps to 9 almost 10 when switching it to High level graphics.

- Over the course of a few big fights, it increases to up to 14 GB.

Ya it makes it almost unplayable and takes forever to even load into the world. Couldn't even attempt to play the game and my specs seem to meet the requirements according to the one post I found... 

On 9/26/2017 at 3:13 AM, DocHollidaze said:

My specs seem way better than yours man, and I have the same problem. I have a GTX 1080

sorry #feelsBadMan

the difference between 1060 and 1080 isn't really that big though... o.o