Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Templar vs Ranger

Tark

Shame about the templar parry bug*

[*where it gets stuck on, costs nothing but retains mitigations/cc immunity, pip generation on hit and counterattack procs and can do other powers - i got it alot when i tried templar recently and had to stop playing]

Nice damage and use of anti piercing disc though!

What sword you rocking?

Edited by Tinnis

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

[*where it gets stuck on, costs nothing but retains mitigations/cc immunity, pip generation on hit and counterattack procs and can do other powers - i got it alot when i tried templar recently and had to stop playing]

And keeps you slowed as well, incredibly annoying, I wish I knew what caused it. In PvP it didn't seem to happen all that often to me but it seems almost every time I fought Cats or Boars I would get stuck in Parry Mode.

And as far as Righteous Parry stacks(AFAIK), eventually you can't Parry anymore, not sure if it stops the damage reduction too but you can't Counter-Attack while the count is high.

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

14 minutes ago, Scorn said:

And keeps you slowed as well, incredibly annoying

Yea, if someone puts a slowed effect on you during the bug, your basically stuck...[unless you manage to deactivate the bug with RMB spam]

Edited by Tinnis

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

Nice damage and use of anti piercing disc though!

What sword you rocking?

The sword wasn't that great. It was 119 top end, I dont remember the low end (its broke now). Had 5 percent crit dmg on it as well. The damage output is due build mostly. In almost all my fights with you guys I usually play a very tanky build and it doesn't put out that kind of damage.

4 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Utter ownage :)

It was good fun!

Yeah man it was fun. I know normally you put up better fights but for whatever reason I've been going beast mode on ranged lately. I've heard things from other templar's that you can't beat ranged and its simply not true. 

49 minutes ago, Yumx said:

You should submit fight 2 and 4 to the bug thread, as there are clear examples of the parry bug in the end of both fights.

There are all kinds of bugs in that video. Leaps aren't landing when they should, and they are landing when they shouldn't. You'll see i do some weird laps and turn at different angles to try and get it to trigger. I still have the habit of leaping a meter or two past my target and turning because that's how you got the stun off reliably for the longest time. 

At the 1:50 mark in the video he tries a suppress which lands directly on top of me and I parry it and I didn't get the righteous parry pop up. I'm wondering if its cause it landed on top of my head instead of the ground.

Last night Jah and I were messing around and I miss THREE straight executes at point blank range with both of us standing still. I also got the parry bug and I think i got to righteous parry him twice without him actually hitting me a second time. It was bang bang in succession and I wish I had hit E a third time to see if it would happen again. Sadly I dont think I have a video of that one.

Edited by Tark

5 minutes ago, Tark said:

The sword wasn't that great. It was 119 top end, I dont remember the low end (its broke now). Had 5 percent crit dmg on it as well. The damage output is due build mostly. In almost all my fights with you guys I usually play a very tanky build and it doesn't put out that kind of damage.

Yeah man it was fun. I know normally you put up better fights but for whatever reason I've been going beast mode on ranged lately. I've heard things from other templar's that you can't beat ranged and its simply not true. 

There are all kinds of bugs in that video. Leaps aren't landing when they should, and they are landing when they shouldn't. You'll see i do some weird laps and turn at different angles to try and get it to trigger. I still have the habit of leaping a meter or two past my target and turning because that's how you got the stun off reliably for the longest time. 

At the 1:50 mark in the video he tries a suppress which lands directly on top of me and I parry it and I didn't get the righteous parry pop up. I'm wondering if its cause it landed on top of my head instead of the ground.

Last night Jah and I were messing around and I miss THREE straight executes at point blank range with both of us standing still. I also got the parry bug and I think i got to righteous parry him twice without him actually hitting me a second time. It was bang bang in succession and I wish I had hit E a third time to see if it would happen again. Sadly I dont think I have a video of that one.

It seems like the parry bug happens when you go from landing a righteous parry into Execute spam.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

15 minutes ago, Yumx said:

It seems like the parry bug happens when you go from landing a righteous parry into Execute spam.

i definitely had it trigger without execute, e.g. basically at the start of all my fights and throughout when i wouldn't of been using execute.

Edited by Tinnis

balance! where you are? oh wait... 5.3, right? =)

current viable melee fighters - templars only for all - 1v1, 1v10, 10v10

ps. nice executing

pss. while watching regular videos from alpha events from you guyz I saw mostly rangers/druids/confessors coz it is easy mod for group (ofc, press down lmb and output 200-500 dmg with every 3-th crit as druid isnt so hard) but I really enjoin every melee video. thumbs up

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

31 minutes ago, makkon said:

ps. nice executing

Hehe I was watching those as well, gaining pips while executing, as well as recovering 3 pips out of nowhere at one point. 

Still it was just fun and games .)

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

4 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Hehe I was watching those as well, gaining pips while executing, as well as recovering 3 pips out of nowhere at one point. 

Still it was just fun and games .)

bugs... they are everywhere. also they are best friends of balance

MV5RWHD.jpg

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550