Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Half-Elf - Official Discussion Thread

Poor @mctan - stoneborn is at the back of the line! =)

The half-elf presents an interesting alternative for a druid looking to be non-sylvan race [e.g. if you wanted to combine with a cleric friendly race - like half-breed with half-giant cleric]

Also all of the current half-elf class options have a minimum of two trays, so the extra power slot will be fairly valuable.

They have previously stated if you combine two sources of trailblazer it will upgrade to trialmaster

Also...the armor and weapon looks are generally cool looking! :)

But whether or not it can compare to the 'pure' race versions is another question.

At this stage it is hard to judge the value of the attributes [or say additional 'gear slots' - like human cloak etc]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Could you guys post all the current race reveal mouse overs in one chart-- I would love to see them all side by side

(You photo shop experts! Get to work!)

Its too bad the Half elf doesn't get anything new to call its own

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

8 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Could you guys post all the current race reveal mouse overs in one chart-- I would love to see them all side by side

(You photo shop experts! Get to work!)

Its too bad the Half elf doesn't get anything new to call its own

racial disciplines folder

Edited by Tinnis

18 minutes ago, yamix said:

Hmm... Looks like the weakest so far.  15% isn't a ton of movement speed limited to survival tray, and roll isn't exactly an amazing power.  Hopefully better than I think.

They do have much higher stat bonuses than any other race we've seen so far, except for half-giant (another half breed). They seem to give up active/passive powers for raw stats. Hard to say at this point how that will balance out.

29 minutes ago, yamix said:

Hmm... Looks like the weakest so far.  15% isn't a ton of movement speed limited to survival tray, and roll isn't exactly an amazing power.  Hopefully better than I think.

9 minutes ago, Avloren said:

They do have much higher stat bonuses than any other race we've seen so far, except for half-giant (another half breed). They seem to give up active/passive powers for raw stats. Hard to say at this point how that will balance out.

Don't forget the +1 power slot, on three classes that all have at least 2 [combat] trays. One or possibly two of them can get 3...

You wont get the human +1 passive, but you'll be a faster runner than a human out of combat. You could also combine with another disc (like a scout rune) that grants trailblazer to end up as fast as a trailmaster race such as Wood-elf. [2 trail combine into master]

Dex might also end up being fairly valuable for ranger and assassin damage etc [also generically grants crit chance and damage mitigations], while say intel grants crit damage bonus etc

Edited by Tinnis

Just now, Tinnis said:

Don't forget the +1 power slot, on three classes that all have at least 2 [combat] trays. One of them can get 3...

You wont get the human +1 passive, but you'll be a faster runner than a human. [but not as fast as the wood-elf]

True. Sometimes I take major disciplines with 3-4 powers, and am able to slot.. 1 of them because there just isn't room. I wouldn't be shocked if the human slot bonuses end up overshadowing what the other races get. Why would want your race to give you more powers you can't fit anywhere, when you could get more room for the powers you already have?

So assuming +60 dex is a powerful bonus for classes like ranger or assassin, which would make sense, half elves might end up being the best ranger/assassin race: the elf dex bonus paired with the almighty human power slot bonus. We can't know yet, but it seems plausible.

I honestly didn't compare the stats, so that does improve things, but I feel like it's missing something.  Might be interesting to have some type of racial paragon discipline in the future that doubles down and gives it more of the parent race powers, and maybe something special.  (See 3.5/3.0, forget which, half-elf paragon, for example)   

I do like the extra tray slot, but I kind of wonder if +2 tray slots would be too much, because that would certainly make it feel a lot more interesting to me.

21 minutes ago, Avloren said:

True. Sometimes I take major disciplines with 3-4 powers, and am able to slot.. 1 of them because there just isn't room. I wouldn't be shocked if the human slot bonuses end up overshadowing what the other races get. Why would want your race to give you more powers you can't fit anywhere, when you could get more room for the powers you already have?

So assuming +60 dex is a powerful bonus for classes like ranger or assassin, which would make sense, half elves might end up being the best ranger/assassin race: the elf dex bonus paired with the almighty human power slot bonus. We can't know yet, but it seems plausible.

Yea, some classes could top out their entire load out just from race/class - e.g. Elken templar. Let alone weapon, major or minor discs....

Also when we are comparing "human" and "half-elf" - there is only one class that can be both - ranger

[human can be: knight, templar, ranger, cleric]

I do like the extra tray slot, but I kind of wonder if +2 tray slots would be too much, because that would certainly make it feel a lot more interesting to me.

There will also be a minor discipline runestone that grants another +1 power slot

and also an option that grants +1 passive slot too has been hinted at

Might be interesting to have some type of racial paragon discipline in the future that doubles down and gives it more of the parent race powers, and maybe something special. 

I have generally been thinking about suggesting "Racial promotions" alongside possible "Class promotions"

e.g. ~3 choices to further build or focus your race and same for class like previous archetype promotion options.

Edited by Tinnis

I would call this race 'nothing special'. I miss something unique to this race. Something I want to pick above all else. Meh.

Edit: Give me a free Pickpocket power.

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

4 minutes ago, Caenth said:

I would call this race 'nothing special'. I miss something unique to this race. Something I want to pick above all else. Meh.

Obviously from a druid point of view it does not bring the unique and interesting utility that the other options of wood elf (camouflage and teleport) and fae (gliding, double jump, faerie fire etc) bring.

It feels like it could maybe get its own 'active power' option...[however trivial]

Edited by Tinnis

2 minutes ago, Caenth said:

Edit: Give me a free Pickpocket power.

Or something nuts, an extra discipline.  Would like something that really increases character options, especially given how limited half-elf is on classes for some reason.

28 minutes ago, yamix said:

Or something nuts, an extra discipline.  Would like something that really increases character options, especially given how limited half-elf is on classes for some reason.

dual wield: x2 weapon discipline slots

would fit the racial themes, benefit the clases it can be, and deliver a unique pull to picking this race.

also its not like weapon disciplines are "cheap" to make - requires a crafted advanced weapon!

Edited by Tinnis