Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Half-Elf - Official Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Hmmm... Like said before it seems bland. The only reason to select this race will be based on stats which seems pretty boring.

IMO opinion we could swap trailblazer with a more interesting passive. I think OOC speed isnt fit to be used as a racial. It should be a Discipline passive since it is more of a extra than a defining characteristic. Well, centaurs and extra speed is cool though, it makes sense.

I dont have any idea about what could replace trailblazer but i dont think it would be hard to find a simple but interesting passive to do the job. It cant be too OP since as said in the article the race is pretty OP stat-wise...

Edited by BarriaKarl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Hmmm... Like said before it seems bland. The only reason to select this race will be based on stats which seems pretty boring.

IMO opinion we could swap trailblazer with a more interesting passive. I think OOC speed isnt fit to be used as a racial. It should be a Discipline passive since it is more of a extra than a defining characteristic. Well, centaurs and extra speed is cool though, it makes sense.

I dont have any idea about what could replace trailblazer but i dont think it would be hard to find a simple but interesting passive to do the job. It cant be too OP since as said in the article the race is pretty OP stat-wise...

My suggestion for an *ACTIVE* power would be something that manipulates SPRINTING [which is very ignored]

e.g. increased speed, free stamina cost for X duration, or increased mitigations or immunities while sprinting e.g. ignores movement impairing effects or even an active that increases your stamina or dodge pip regeneration rate ...or even 'heals' your stamina/dodge pip etc

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these half-elves follow traditional tropes (scorned by human and elf alike) then perhaps they would be adept at disguising themselves.  So an active power that somehow makes use of a temporary disguise of some kind?  This seems way more interesting and useful than a flat run speed buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GhostEye said:

If these half-elves follow traditional tropes (scorned by human and elf alike) then perhaps they would be adept at disguising themselves.  So an active power that somehow makes use of a temporary disguise of some kind?  This seems way more interesting and useful than a flat run speed buff.

Assassin with a change on demand guild crest, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aelfs in SB were selected for years for their raw stats (higher dex without sacrificing too much HP). It wasn't until a year after launch they added the original bad version of Wildkin's Chase and not until 2006 when they made it actually good. 

I think the power slot is gonna be a big deal too  


LJBXw4x.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kally said:

Aelfs in SB were selected for years for their raw stats (higher dex without sacrificing too much HP). It wasn't until a year after launch they added the original bad version of Wildkin's Chase and not until 2006 when they made it actually good. 

I think the power slot is gonna be a big deal too  

I believe they also got a rather wide discipline selection as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think half elves are just fine as a race, getting both a ,minor speed boost AND another power slot on their tray are both decent benefits.  I don't worry too much about missing an active power as between their base class and all the available disciplines I honestly see most players struggling to decide which powers to take as opposed to wanting more powers (that extra power slot again being super useful in helping that along).

I see half elves as being popular with people who want a character with a strong foundation and no extra frills in the form of active abilities.  lots of starting stats, extra movement speed and another power slot are not super exciting gameplay wise but can definitely make a strong character in the long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yamix said:

Hmm... Looks like the weakest so far.  15% isn't a ton of movement speed limited to survival tray, and roll isn't exactly an amazing power.  Hopefully better than I think.

Sounds like the duelist dodge, which seems pretty weak to me. it doesn't have much separation as other dodges do from enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...