Stumpstuff

5.2.10 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports

Please grab the latest LIVE patch client for the 5.2.10 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.2.10 Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

Not able to force myself into the bug, but once in you cannot get out without a relog (at least what I can find)

From the tunnel mechanic/bar when you use the 6 exit I was caught mid tunnel. The bar was out of tunnel standrd combat but no dodge, jump, re-tunnel then exit would take me out of the halfway position When I re-logged I came in fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhipG5vlso

58 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Please don't tell me you took down the server again without notice....

I have a full inventory still on East that needs to be spirit banked

they notified the players on FB, forum, and others even ingame

Edited by Acalectra

1 hour ago, Stumpstuff said:

Please grab the latest LIVE patch client for the 5.2.10 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.2.10 Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

This continued work on Capture and Siege tech is great:

"Campaign:

• Continuing to update and iterate on new Siege Info Box including:
    • The new siege UI for the small box for sieges in nearby parcels.
    • If you are near multiple sieges, the closest one uses the "maximized" siege UI, the others stack below it using the "minimized" version
    • Both max and min version need to show the health indicators of the tree, the name of the parcel, the teams involved, the countdown timer remaining"

Unfortunately, while population numbers were high for the first couple hours, taking a group of 5 around the map, we claimed all 3 Keeps and all 6 Forts and found a grand total of 3 hostiles. Testing these new changes is very difficult when no-one is actually claiming, building up or contesting the strongholds. Many suggestions have been put forth to address this - some of them shockingly simple - but as of yet, there has been no incentive added to actually spend time on the strongholds/test the content.

ACE added Tin to the Bloodbath map because it was requested, made sense and was easy to do. Adding a chest to each stronghold with a loot table of valued items would be similar, and would pay dividends in resulting in testing of this Capture and Siege tech. You guys are putting a lot of work into it, it's a shame - and worse - that it's not being tested.

If you want to get stuff off the old East campaign the server is up for an hour or so (and on demand if you email support@crowfall.com).  We don't recommend you play on it but you can transfer items off through the spirit bank.  Remember you have a limited number of item transfers on campaign worlds.

Moving forward make sure your items are off before the date on the campaign (the last one didn't have a date).  We'll have better systems for this in a few weeks.

50 minutes ago, Acalectra said:

they notified the players on FB, forum, and others even ingame

I'm working till 8pm EST

I wish they could keep both servers up forn24 hours to give you a chance to export

I have lost two sets of advanced gear now in two weeks ..

i guess its time to bank everything every night...

5 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

If you want to get stuff off the old East campaign the server is up for an hour or so (and on demand if you email support@crowfall.com).  We don't recommend you play on it but you can transfer items off through the spirit bank.  Remember you have a limited number of item transfers on campaign worlds.

Moving forward make sure your items are off before the date on the campaign (the last one didn't have a date).  We'll have better systems for this in a few weeks.

Thanks Gordon,

I won't be home at my PC till about 11pm est :(

11 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

This ties in with win conditions.  The CW should end, with a winner declared, and folks should have 24/48 hours to export what the win conditions allow them to export, etc.  The world should be down except for the export mechanic.

The current CW is fun to play, but it's essentially exactly the same as the last one.  The tug of war win condition is crap - only the last few minutes of the CW matter.  Today, balance went around late afternoon and captured absolutely everything, then a few of us guarded it until the server went down.   Everything done by everyone leading up to that was meaningless.

I was honestly expecting a much bigger increment from 5.2.9 to 5.2.10.  Better CW layout, with resources and forts and keeps spread around, better win conditions, etc.   My guild's essentially sitting out until 5.3, and will only stick around to test after 5.3 if there are valid win conditions in place.  If not, then it's a wait for 5.4 with guild support and win conditions.  We have a few die hards who test every day, but it's just a few now.  We could field 15 in the grey box HD days, and 30 at the start of bigworld.  Now we can generally field 2-3.

Templar

• Execute seems to double hit some times.  Usually on an already low health target and feels like it happens when the hit brings the target below the bonus dmg threshold.

3 hours ago, Anthrage said:

This continued work on Capture and Siege tech is great:

"Campaign:

• Continuing to update and iterate on new Siege Info Box including:
    • The new siege UI for the small box for sieges in nearby parcels.
    • If you are near multiple sieges, the closest one uses the "maximized" siege UI, the others stack below it using the "minimized" version
    • Both max and min version need to show the health indicators of the tree, the name of the parcel, the teams involved, the countdown timer remaining"

Unfortunately, while population numbers were high for the first couple hours, taking a group of 5 around the map, we claimed all 3 Keeps and all 6 Forts and found a grand total of 3 hostiles. Testing these new changes is very difficult when no-one is actually claiming, building up or contesting the strongholds. Many suggestions have been put forth to address this - some of them shockingly simple - but as of yet, there has been no incentive added to actually spend time on the strongholds/test the content.

ACE added Tin to the Bloodbath map because it was requested, made sense and was easy to do. Adding a chest to each stronghold with a loot table of valued items would be similar, and would pay dividends in resulting in testing of this Capture and Siege tech. You guys are putting a lot of work into it, it's a shame - and worse - that it's not being tested.

I aggre with his feedback. We can do some little testing in what we have and can by ourselves lonely, but sometimes are not easy to do behond that. 

I would like to add something been waiting eagerly to see upgraded (hoping a few hidden surprises in 5.3 :) ) in near future that will make things matter: CRAFTING 2.0

This major system is needing a welcome upgrade. We already have Crafting Stations visually implemented in our forts and keeps. We just need start crafting on them!

This will make forts and keeps matter.

FT0W00M.png

Crowfall wont launch for at least the last few weeks, I just get the error "Timeout waiting for window to load". I was able to launch and test the game when I last tried several months ago.

I'm running the game with a GTX 970 and Intel i5-6600K, and have tried launching it from a standard harddrive and SSD. I've downloaded the most up-to-date live launcher from the website.

I've launched the game in administrator mode with firewalls off. The Crowfall Patcher v5.5.2 shows up on the system tray, and then I get this error popup about 30 seconds after attempting to boot Crowfall, and then nothing.

Any advice on what may be the issue?

Edited by stonewall

2 minutes ago, Tofyzer said:

I aggre with his feedback. We can do some little testing in what we have and can by ourselves lonely, but sometimes are not easy to do behond that. 

I would like to add something been waiting eagerly to see upgraded (hoping a few hidden surprises in 5.3 :) ) in near future that will make things matter: CRAFTING 2.0

This major system is needing a welcome upgrade. We already have Crafting Stations visually implemented in our forts and keeps. We just need start crafting on them!

This will make forts and keeps matter.

Agreed. I have wondered how much it would impact things if a minor interface change was made, but one which would have significant consequences. Disable J and all other means of accessing crafting, and have any F action on any crafting station open up the existing crafting window. That's all - same system, just restrict it's access in this way. Would be a HUGE change to gameplay I would think...

Seems to me - and I may be wrong of course - that there are a few simple ways like these to get players to be more active and localized around these assets which need their related mechanics tested vigorously and extensively. A handful of people doing it on their own isn't generating enough data I don't think, and it's not an accurate simulation of eventual gameplay. Maybe at 20+ players in a Keep or Fort, something manifests that we just aren't seeing now, performance wise, for example.

Help us help you. :)

Could you please amend the Forest Whispers passive tooltip to indicate the "lengthly cooldown" on Ironwood body procs?

My testing - its a maximum of a 2 minute cooldown? [and minimum of 1+minute cooldown] So probably 90s from previous patterns? :P

[would also be nice if this CD counter was displayed when in life tray near the retaliate button too...]

in my testing vs boars it seems like some hits are NOT mitigated....whether these are crits i cannot tell but the values dont add up

e.g. with physical mitigation up: 78 hits and then a spike of 458... [which unless boars have a x6.5 crit makes no sense!]

random but i saw multiple "large hits" during a single 15 second proc....T9FZ6nE.jpg

jRUJBSp.jpg

it is a comparable amount of damage to a hit when no mitigation buff is up e.g.

bQ7v7Tt.jpg

The death side of forest whispers 'clearcasting' still doesn't make your next death power cost no essence.

[and clearcasting buff can neither proc by or be spent by spark]

https://imgur.com/a/GIqlQ

Edited by Tinnis

Has Massive Cleave on the Champion always been a locked animation?
Anyway it locks you in place, and you do a step forward, it kinda helps the argument to never use it on the champion.

6 hours ago, stonewall said:

Any advice on what may be the issue?

When this message showed up for me it was after I relocated my game folder. Everything was fine after I put it back.

If this isn't the case at your pc try redownloading/installing.