Stumpstuff

5.2.10 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports

On 10/15/2017 at 2:55 PM, Vectom said:

Suggestions
-----------

* Higher character zoom out limit

I understand it is hard to get used to, but this is a pretty core feature of the game.  Similar to how a MoBA game doesn't let you zoom out as far as you want.  The reduced visibility (especially behind you), is an intended game mechanic.  There may be room to move it out a tiny bit, but that type of a change would be hard to revert, so they need to be very careful.

So I started exploring the crafting system a bit, and I think it's too punishing(esp. for new players since theres no ingame tutorial nor guide yet).

I spent more than half hour to collect the needed resources for a sword. Everything went well (except the experienting with 25% failure chance which i failed 8 times in a row...) until the crafting of the sword itself, which of course failed, thus left me without the 2nd most basic sword in the game, more than half an hour wasted, zero resources, and ruined mood to attempt crafting something ever since.

My suggesstion for this is:

1, The system would be less punishing if you got at least some of the materials back when you fail.

2, Increase the success chance.

I'm aware that you can increase your success chance with skills, but new players dont have months in this game, and already researched skill trees, so the first impression they get is that they wasted time for nothing.(Esp. if you got mats from a campaign, successfully avoided getting killed and looted while gathering and then u fck up the crafting...)

15 hours ago, MasterBuilder said:

I've tried 3 account no one could enter my EK (waiting for avatar screen)

I fixed this issue by launching from the Crowfall Patcher instead of directly launching the CrowfallClient.exe. When I launched the Client.exe directly, I would get the "waiting for avatar" block while trying to enter eternal kingdoms and none of the campaign worlds show up. Just launch through the patcher.

I haven't played for a year or more. I came back to try the EK. Here are my comments:

• Fullscreen mode is not available, only windowed, and windowed-fullscreen. I greatly prefer actual fullscreen. If you can't do actual fullscreen, give us a hot-key to minimize the windowed-fullscreen. This is almost a game-breaking bug--apps need to play nicely with the OS.
  • No error message when trying to access spirit bank or inventory in crowform. This left me prevented me from building in the EK, because I didn't know I couldn't do it crowform. I started playing the game again to build in the EK, but I couldn't because I was in crowform. Please document better and/or give error messages to clue new users in.
  • Also, starting out in crowform is weird and confusing. How many other games do you start the game "dead"?
  • No label for different statues in temple--have to interact to find out what they are. I'm sure I'll recognize the statues eventually, but until then when the pop-up says press F, please tell me what it is I'd be interacting with.
  • Crowform gets stuck on temple steps. Druid vessel gets stuck on temple steps. Are we really expected to jump up steps? This is especially odd for a flying spirit bird.
  • It takes multiple tries to find exact spot where temple statue allows you to open vessel interface. Maybe I had bad luck, but the F prompt would appear. I'd press F and then the prompt would disappear. Took me multiple tries to do it.
  • No warning in lobby purchase menu when you start overflowing your spirit bank. I completely overfilled my spirit bank without any warning. You've got to tell players when they're putting themselves in a penalty state.
  • Lining up parcels in inventory is very clunky. The box of the item doesn't always match the grid of squares. This is frustrating.
  • Especially because once you drop an object in your inventory, can't move item around in inventory during the two-minute cooldown.
  • No indication what the inventory key is; apparently I by default. Why isn't there better documentation about keys?
  • No indication why an object can't be placed. Is it too high or low or intersecting something? No idea.
  • Can't zoom out far enough to see well to place large objects.

Still, I like the feel of the EK, I'll play around more as I have time.

Stuck at "Loading Terrain...":   If I play crowfall after having played once earlier, without rebooting the computer, when entering my EK I get stuck on "Loading Terrain..." and it never finishes.  Rebooting fixes this. I've only tried by launching LIVE then TEST, or TEST then LIVE, I haven't launched the same client twice, so not sure about that case.  Windows 10, nvidia GTX 970M (laptop), driver 22.21.13.8253

EK Wall Placement:  As I build out my fort/keep, I find some pieces don't fit together in some areas, but do fit in other places.  I know height adjustment matters and I have used sloped walls to get up and down, but it goes beyond that.  Often I can swap for a very similar piece and make it work, but there is something amiss here.

Edited by Brindylln
clarification, then changed diagnosis about wall placement

Not sure if these few things have come up already, I only have a moment and can't get all the way through the thread right now.

1. One of the consistent things that happened while testing the other weekend was the dizzy effect from falling a significant distance seemed to have a long delay before it took effect.  Around 5 to 10 seconds after falling and taking fall damage, then the effect triggered.   

Side note, the dizzy effect is super flickery... may want to tone down the flashing of color a bit to avoid any issues with triggering vertigo, migraines or seizures to gamers who may be more prone to these sorts of things.  It definitely played on my vertigo, but not too badly.  

2. Another item I noticed is while harvesting, if you accidentally let go of the activating key and then re-initiate harvesting immediately after, the sound effects and the animation of the swing of the axe to hitting the tree are now de-synced.  

3. If you harvest away a stone and then happen to move into the place where it was and stay there until it respawns, the rock will appear around you and trap you in it.  Only if you can get your character rotated a certain distance and happen to have a runestone hammer already active or the parts to make one, you can dig yourself back out.  Otherwise, you could end up trapped there if nobody else can harvest you out.  This could potentially be hilarious to come across... but still.  Thought I'd mention. :)

4. Still experiencing serious frame rate issues whenever more than 3 people are on screen at once, heightened in battles.  Granted, it's an older radeon r9 series card 4 GB VRAM.  

Sorry if these have already been mentioned.  Will post again as soon as I have another chance to play.  

Discipline Shield Fighter has a bug attached to the "Mighty Shield Slam" ability that causes other Shield Skills to copy it in addition to their normal effect for a few seconds after casting.

Knife Grinder Passive "Long Live the Fighter" does not function for a Templar. While one can equip the Discipline and Passive the Bleed does not ever apply.

Edited by Scorn

So I get tossed out to a Connection lost when entering any of the 3 campaigns on "live"

When I try and spin up my EK I get entered in a Red haze, get connection lost but can move my character around behind the connection loss message? 

For some reason i have to re-download the 6 patches i have as an update time and time again. This is the third time this has happened. Also, i can log into my account on the website but not into the actual game -- just says "Cannot resolve destination host". This to me would indicate that the server is down but it says 24/7 play test on the schedule so not sure what is wrong?