Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elken Cleric Theory Craft!!!

Deernado

I am pretty sure when all is said and done, ill be rolling a Elken Cleric as my main. Primarily as a group Healer.

While it is way far away to come up with a full build out i am thinking about the Class/Race combo and types of Disciplines to spec into...There might be more discs released as the game matures, but going off current in game options...

elkenracial

Racial Benefits of Str and Con are nice for the class and the Perception bonus is nice utility against stealth classes.

The 10+ to range will help with the offensive hammer abilities of the class.

The Headbutt racial for Knockdown is a nice utility to help CC targets.

And the Racial passive is great 25% movement speed increase while in the survival tray (out of combat)

Cleric Abilities:

Hand of the Gods, which uses a ground targeting reticle and will apply a root to all targets in the area. 

Tend Wounds. This power applies a Heal over Time to a friendly target up to 20m away as well as a Heal over Time to the Cleric. 

Holy Symbol can be placed on the ground via a ground target reticle, which will heal friendly players who walk near it. The healing can also chain to other nearby friendly players. The symbol will last 10 seconds or until it has healed a certain amount of times.

Illuminate will restore class specific resources to group members within 50m as well as a short duration Heal over Time to group members. This is really great to use if your group members are struggling with their resource regeneration rates.

Flash of Light will deal a small amount of damage as well as Blind a target up to 20m away.

Auras:

Holy Aura will give the group a buff which increases their maximum Health by 20%.

Vengeful Aura will give the group a buff which increases their Attack power by 200.

I plan to slot the 5 main cleric abilities and 1 Aura (20% health) on my power tray. Leaving me with two powers left to slot...

For Weapon Disciplines, I'm going to take the Master of Hammers. 

Dw master of hammers.png

I'll take it for the bonus to crush damage and the clobber attack chain. As well as maybe the Passive (Basics hit two enemies) that would be dependent on it applying to the Clerics Hammer throws basic attacks.

The Major Discs:

1st - Field Surgeon - Great ability options - Rescue and passive Noble Purpose 

2nd - Juggernaut - Retaliate upgrade, CC immunity, HP buff and really good passive to heal 4-6% health each time I am knockdown or Stunned

D field surgeon.png

D juggernaut.png

Minor Discs:

1st - Matching Mail. -Grants support power buff (better heals) I plan to rock Mail armor.

2nd - Uniform Mail - Gain 350 AP when wearing Full Mail armor

3rd - Burning Hatred - Spawns Health orbs on Damage (more healing)

Dm matching mail.png

Dm uniform mail.png

Dm burning hatred.png

So my loadout will look like this:

Power tray

1-Hand of the Gods

2-Tend Wounds.

3-Holy Symbol

4-Illuminate

5-Flash of Light

6-Holy Aura

7-Rescue-From the Field Surgeon Disc

8-Toughness-From the Juggernaut Disc -Group increase Hit points 20% (note I'd change this to Unstoppable -CC Immunity if Toughness and Aura don't stack).

AURA - Holy Aura - Group increase 20% Hit points

3 Active Passives:

1-Uniform Mail - Gain 350 AP when wearing full mail armor (this could be swapped with the Support Power option)

2-Spite - 4-6% max hit point heal over 5 seconds each time you are stunned or knockdown

3-Burning Hatred - spawn health orbs on damage

These are the initial thoughts on my Elken Build. Its hard choosing passives, lots of good choices in this build.

• 2 weeks later...

You dont have Elkin charge or see invis slotted after saying that was a large portion of why you chose the race.

or anything slotted from master of hammers.

Edited by Toadwart

On a dedicated healer...Flash of Light would be the first thing I’d remove from my bar. The other two Field Surgeon powers are worth considering. Purgative is great for removing bleeds, disease DoTs, etc (from the entire group). Rehab, while only single target, stacks with Tend Wounds (assuming TW functions like the Legio HoT)and is great for helping the group member they are focusing on. I do expect Toughness to stack with the Aura but I like the CC remover more. Juggernaut is good...but on a dedicated healer I prefer a second healing disc (Naiad, Pixie, Dryad). Unfortunately, the bar real estate is limited. I’d consider slotting the aura and the Juggernaut buff in only the survival tray...and focusing your heals in your combat tray.

2 hours ago, Gradishar said:

Unfortunately, the bar real estate is limited. I’d consider slotting the aura and the Juggernaut buff in only the survival tray...and focusing your heals in your combat tray.

Which is why I would suggest equipping the minor discipline expansive mind instead of uniform mail. My reasoning is two fold, first on a cleric you should be running support power over attack power and second you gain an extra slot on your power bar for another ability.

Matching mail is much better than uniform mail imo for clerics because unlike the druid, which has a viable (though not really optimal) damage build stemming from their separate life/death tray and the option to equip the scimitar rune, clerics do not have inherent damage based abilities. Judging from your selections as well, I would assume you are trying to fill the healer role, which means for you support power>>attack power. With uniform mail gone you can replace it with expansive mind, and thus equip another ability giving you greater versatility in a battle.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:23 PM, Deernado said:

2nd - Juggernaut - Retaliate upgrade, CC immunity, HP buff and really good passive to heal 4-6% health each time I am knockdown or Stunned

D juggernaut.png

Minor Discs:

1st - Matching Mail. -Grants support power buff (better heals) I plan to rock Mail armor.

2nd - Uniform Mail - Gain 350 AP when wearing Full Mail armor.

Dm matching mail.png

Dm uniform mail.png

So my loadout will look like this:

Power tray

1-Hand of the Gods

2-Tend Wounds.

3-Holy Symbol

4-Illuminate

5-Flash of Light

6-Holy Aura

7-Rescue-From the Field Surgeon Disc

8-Toughness-From the Juggernaut Disc -Group increase Hit points 20% (note I'd change this to Unstoppable -CC Immunity if Toughness and Aura don't stack).

AURA - Holy Aura - Group increase 20% Hit points

3 Active Passives:

1-Uniform Mail - Gain 350 AP when wearing full mail armor (this could be swapped with the Support Power option)

2-Spite - 4-6% max hit point heal over 5 seconds each time you are stunned or knockdown

3-Burning Hatred - spawn health orbs on damage

Toughness is not an active ability, it is a passive. If you want to use the permanent 20% health increase for your group, I would load this out in place of spite. While spite is great for survivability, I would rather put faith in my tank that he'll keep people off of me and I'm out of the way so I'm not getting knocked down enough where this passive is useful. I'm also curious as to whether toughness and holy aura will stack/stack well. If you get in the game and find out they don't, I would still take the toughness passive, and would switch to the vengeful aura. Personally I would do it even if they stacked. 

Taking all my suggestions/notes into account, I would make the following changes to your power tray load out, 

8- purgative: for the utility and potential damage nullification of dots, which could easily prevent more damage than rehabilitation could heal.

9- unstoppable: combined with hand of the gods and/or flash of light, this is your escape combo in case you start to get focused on.

While these are what I would tweak based on your build, aside from the mistaken use of toughness on your power tray, these are merely suggestions, and it's ultimately up to your play style. If you prefer to be a melee ranged healer, ~5 m away from your tank and in the thick of combat, you probably would prefer to run spite as well as restoration smash or clobber (I'm not sure but I think one of them is a lmb basic attack) from the hammer weapons mastery. Again it's both up to you, the situation, and what thrall's you can get your hands on in the campaign.

Edited by AlchemistWiz

I may take some of your suggestions concerning getting rid of flash of light on the combat bar, since I do have a root. 

I might also do the expansive mind, but it isn't available in the current build of the game 5.2.10.

Edited by Deernado

3 hours ago, Gradishar said:

I’d consider slotting the aura and the Juggernaut buff in only the survival tray...and focusing your heals in your combat tray.

The only issue with that is getting caught in the survival tray during a fight and getting dizzy down

Edited by Deernado

2 hours ago, Deernado said:

Toughness is an active ability in the game. The tool tip doesn't match the ingame ability

Thanks for letting me know. While I have played around in game some, I haven't checked out all the disciplines there, so I was just working off of the tool tip. In that case, I would leave it on your active bar, and as I said before, personally I would prefer vengeful aura over holy aura even if they stacked. Though I would still get rid of spite, this time in favor for noble purpose for more efficient heals. The passive seems pretty worthless to me on a druid (what I've been playing) so I haven't tried it out and don't know the specifics, but for a cleric the worst it could do is make for more efficient heals with a lower resource cost, though the wording makes it sound like you might actually get a net gain in resource--someone who has actually tested it out would have a better idea, so please let me know.

1 hour ago, Deernado said:

I may take some of your suggestions concerning getting rid of flash of light on the combat bar, since I do have a root. 

I might also do the expansive mind, but it isn't available in the current build of the game 5.2.10.

I'm hoping expansive mind comes online for 5.3. Though it doesn't really seem you are hurting too much for space on your power tray, but it's always nice to have breathing room. As far as getting rid of flash of light is concerned, I would probably keep it if you are paired with a knight or templar, and get rid of it if you're with a myrmidon seeing as the former two don't have blinds and the last does. With expansive mind I would def add purgative, and swap out unstoppable for flash of light depending on the situation.

Again just what I feel I would find the most comfortable. 

Edited by AlchemistWiz

I like spite becuase it helps keep me alive. There's a lot of cc in this game and I find in most fights I'm stunned or knocked down several times, this gives me a heal of 5 % of my total hp each time I am stunned or knockdowned. 

The one passive I might drop is burning hatred since the orbs spawn near the enemies and they usually only do a 2% heal.

Edited by Deernado

Im not a fan of Burning Hatred on healers. As you said, the orbs appear at the enemies and you need to be as far away from the enemies as possible. Legios are presently bugged and get Noble Purpose for free...and its one of the reasons that Legios have few rage problems. I'm concerned that your build will have mana issues and Noble Purpose should help relieve that. On the issue of Flash of Light...I just don't see a blind on a Cleric being even remotely worth the bar space. I'd much rather have Purgative, Rehab, Toughness, Unstoppable (or Fountain of Life from Naiad). Yes...slotting things into the Survival Tray is certainly a dicey proposition...but I fully expect that to be a valid strategy for healers who can stay in the back lines. A lot of building an appropriate bar strategy depends upon how you're going to be playing your character and under what circumstances. A toon built for 2v2 or 3v3 will be built considerably different from a toon built for 15v15 on a faction server that allows cross group healing. In any respect...I think you've got the start of a good build here...and I for one can't wait to get my hands on the new cleric!

I think I'll drop burning hatred for the noble purpose passive. 

You've got a good point on builds for different sized grps.

Ideally I'd be involved in large scale fights. 

remember that certain powers - long term buffs e.g. toughness, gestalt and auras for example - could also be placed on your out of combat survival tray. would make reapplying them inside of a fight a bit more challenging though!