Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wayoun

Best workmanship?

Hmmm?

Best Top damage weapon I have made so far. 
unknown.png?width=873&height=492

Best Tool I made was before wipe. a +94 Mining pick. Purple. Anhrez used it to mine motherloads in a video with me and another digger. 

Armor is kinda crappy. I do have a bluish set of mining ore armor that is pretty good. Mail. But getting pics is a pain in the ass. It really depends on the final rolls. And while you can get some major advantages to do the armor parts with really high quality stuff. it is not worth the effort overall. The numbers on all the armor sucks. 

The armor is puzzling to me. The basic armor has better resistances on them then the higher grade items made in the actual blacksmithing or leatherworking trees. i wonder if this is just for the alpha or is this how it is intended?

Also the bonus stats seem really low to me, i guess you have to have a lot of skill to get more experiment points and get amazing success...

I have 12 experimentation points. Almost done with master. The numbers on the gear is a joke. But it is pre alpha so hopefully it will change at some point. 

They have said the basic gear is artificially inflated though. 

But even more important than the passive training. Player experience, I have made hundreds of pieces of mail gear. I have rolled many many amazings. I have rolled way way more base success gear. 

I have spent weeks of time banging on the crafting system in the last year. Even the best most amazing rolls I have gotten don't feel as useful as my Old Fungal tunic from EQ. Every piece of gear I have made in Crowfall that has been armor has felt disposable and frankly useless.

Weapons feel much the same way. None of it feels like it will truly make a change in how I play the game. 

Discs do have that feeling. The crappy 12 minute potions have that feeling. The hogwash basic disc for gathering has that feeling. 

I just wonder if this is by design or not. Gear should matter, the question is by how much. But if it does not matter then why go for the better/best gear.

Because it is a very very long and trying path to get to the best tools, weapons, and armor in Crowfall. And at least in the Pre-Alpha it just doesn't make that much of a difference. 

Edited by srathor

14 minutes ago, Deernado said:

The armor is puzzling to me. The basic armor has better resistances on them then the higher grade items made in the actual blacksmithing or leatherworking trees. i wonder if this is just for the alpha or is this how it is intended?

Also the bonus stats seem really low to me, i guess you have to have a lot of skill to get more experiment points and get amazing success...

Basic is currently buffed for testing.  They have said they are aware of the issue a few times.

I suspect they need to do a balance pass on the actual impact of that the theoretical/test values they dropped in when the system was first built.

So far I've only worked on crafting tools.  With my 5 points it's not been overly impressive yet.  One thing that has me confused is no matter how well I do on the blank runestone and the tool symbol (paper, sorry on work comp and don't remember the name) The tool still always starts off at about 5.5 after assembling before experimentation.  Has this been the same for you guys?  I was excited about my +32 pick till it broke after one round of harvesting :(.

1 hour ago, Deernado said:

Srathor,

Thanks for your posts on this. I've wondered a lot about the current crafting system. 

It would be cool if they would have a "Crafter's Weekend" and leave a rack of resources like they do with the basic weapons and make a weekend devoted to testing a lot of crafting.

Actually, a crafters world would be neet.  An instance that has ZERO imports/exports, and chests of all varieties of materials and types for people to go crazy with. With no imports/exports, that world could be always available to people to experiment with.

In fact, I think I will drag this idea into the Dev's forum I like it so much. :)

EDIT: Posted, and noticed by Todd.  We shall see.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

14 hours ago, Wayoun said:

So far I've only worked on crafting tools.  With my 5 points it's not been overly impressive yet.  One thing that has me confused is no matter how well I do on the blank runestone and the tool symbol (paper, sorry on work comp and don't remember the name) The tool still always starts off at about 5.5 after assembling before experimentation.  Has this been the same for you guys?  I was excited about my +32 pick till it broke after one round of harvesting :(.

make 10-12 at a time...  use one grade better paper, it is cheap and bootstraps 3 of 10 tool sigils to green...   use one grade better stone blank...  this bootstraps 3 of 10 final tools to blue...   use all pips of experimentation at once...   you will get at least 1-3  30+ damage tools out of 10.   Gold-Silver does Critical Harvest AMOUNT, not chance...   gets you an extra purple doober every popcorn crit  (harvesting (Crit Amount) armor and weaps gives you 2 more)...   7-8 purple/golden doobers is best i've seen.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Armor is only good for Crafting and Harvesting Bonuses. I get +4-5 experimentation to desired craft and +4-5 Crit Amount to the desired Harvesting from a blue set. Both those stats are totally worth the time and effort if you have the spare mats. If not even a +2 from a white set is worth it imho.

unknown.png

I wouldn't dare go all pips in on legendary but would love to see what that would come out to. Best weapon made:

unknown.png

BD

6 hours ago, Frykka said:

make 10-12 at a time...  use one grade better paper, it is cheap and bootstraps 3 of 10 tool sigils to green...   use one grade better stone blank...  this bootstraps 3 of 10 final tools to blue...   use all pips of experimentation at once...   you will get at least 1-3  30+ damage tools out of 10.   Gold-Silver does Critical Harvest AMOUNT, not chance...   gets you an extra purple doober every popcorn crit  (harvesting (Crit Amount) armor and weaps gives you 2 more)...   7-8 purple/golden doobers is best i've seen.

Uhh Frykka You have been gone too long. Gold and silver is crit chance. 
Just made this about 2 minutes ago. 

unknown.png

I wish I could get a +4 Crit amount on a pick I would go nuts. Everything else in your post I agree with. I do that regularly. Or well I used to. the 5.2 wait is killing me.