Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Humans and Elves! - Official Discussion Thread

" In the past I have been revealing a single race a time; however, as we get ready to bring 5.3 update to our TEST environment, I no longer have time to do that."

Hype? I can live another week without 5.3 since the Battlefront 2 beta is this weekend. :D

Edited by Zybak

14 minutes ago, Helix said:

This is a small gripe, but why is there 6 variations of dodge, all named different but they all do essentially the same thing. I mean they don't have any unique properties to them.

I think each race has their own animations for their race specific dodge.

From a lore perspective I'm not fond of Confessor being available to high elves it's it's a nethari Arkon thing.

the lore states that the elves believe humans stole fire magic from them-- but as a class does that still work.

maybe the class could have a different name/ lore behind the powers for elves.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Nice to have the race discs consolidated in one place.

Also, doesn't seem like Nethari Templars and Assassins get much, unless Intellect is important for those classes. (You guys should really do a news post on what Attribute does what for who)

Obligatory "5.3 when?" :P

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

@thomasblair how will "Candle that Burns" the 25% extra dmg/cost work on a Human ranger when most bow abilities don't have a cost anyways? Basically becomes a 25% dmg boost at that point which I think might be a tad OP. Same question for templar for that matter as it seems pip costs are rounded down in most cases. 

Good to see some values

However i'll restate previous comments in the context of the half-elf reveal.

It is fairly lackluster combination of its parents and without its own niche due to the lack of an active power [the only one so far without one?]

My previous suggestions remain:

an active power that perhaps revolves around sprinting [e.g. buff for X seconds that either: increase speed, free stamina cost, immune to movement effects etc]

However my far more interesting suggestion for half elf was not an active:

give them a 'dual wield' passive that lets them slot 2 weapon disciplines instead of the usual 1 - which would be pretty interesting given that it only has dual tray plus classes and provide a unique hook to choosing them and mirrors the duality of their nature as well!

its not like weapon disciplines are free or cheap to make either!

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I have to really compliment you here! It is a hell of a good job ACE! 

So many GOOD options to classes diversity and customization (this is what i aim to get from promotions later on, now we get in the start!!)

Will not be an easy decision :D 

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

Also, doesn't seem like Nethari Templars and Assassins get much, unless Intellect is important for those classes. (You guys should really do a news post on what Attribute does what for who)

I think Nethari race can improve those classes so well, adding new gameplay features as make them k..l.ng machines (increase magic damage and  crits chance/damage maybe?!) ;)

Edited by Tofyzer

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

intel gives +crit bonus

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png