Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Humans and Elves! - Official Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Yumx said:
  • A bonus Amulet equipment slot (yes they can wear 2!)

MI0004186871.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I raise....

image.png

Above image courtesy of everyone's favorite [Un]Official Community Discord Moderator.... Weebles.

mr-t-3.jpg

Edited by Destrin
Weebles cried.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

@thomasblair how will "Candle that Burns" the 25% extra dmg/cost work on a Human ranger when most bow abilities don't have a cost anyways? Basically becomes a 25% dmg boost at that point which I think might be a tad OP. Same question for templar for that matter as it seems pip costs are rounded down in most cases. 

Rangers could pay using energy and templar could lose pips over time.

Templar would probably be troublesome to balance but a pip each 4 secs for three pips total sound good to me.  Or 1 pip each 6 secs...

12 minutes ago, Deernado said:

Are we still going to have creation points at character creation to tweak some stats and stuff kinda like in shadowbane?

There is a screenshot of an early build of the game showing this:

-snip-

With the restricted number of runestones, this is something of concern for me as well.  I would love to see boons/banes still implemented in some manner.  Banes more specifically.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

didn't you say in the previous dev streams that humans get a "cloak slot"?

We're still trying to figure out the right answer to cloaks.  It touches a lot of areas (and a lot of art assets that we frankly don't want to have to redo) so it's complicated.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

1 hour ago, Deernado said:

Are we still going to have creation points at character creation to tweak some stats and stuff kinda like in shadowbane?

Last update we had was that advantages/disadvantages were in the "Character Creation" UI along with customization of appearance:

https://crowfall.com/en/news/first-look-character-creation-overhaul/

tiPrpwh.png

5 hours ago, ren said:

Seems a bit odd that the Half Elf gets 120 stat points, and the Human and Elf are both at 30 points.  Also, what about the lack of Dex on the Wood Elves?  Seems counter intuitive from a fantasy genre perspective (and from which genes did the Half Elf draw their +60 Dex from?!).

The numbers have a heavy influence coming from the skill trees and what a race can get to. Some races got more attributes than active powers etc.

5 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Nice to have the race discs consolidated in one place.

Also, doesn't seem like Nethari Templars and Assassins get much, unless Intellect is important for those classes. (You guys should really do a news post on what Attribute does what for who)

Obligatory "5.3 when?" :P

I can look at doing an update on them. In the near future the harvesting and crafting stats will all see some influence from attributes as well.

4 hours ago, blazzen said:

@thomasblair how will "Candle that Burns" the 25% extra dmg/cost work on a Human ranger when most bow abilities don't have a cost anyways? Basically becomes a 25% dmg boost at that point which I think might be a tad OP. Same question for templar for that matter as it seems pip costs are rounded down in most cases. 

Because of the level of customization in Crowfall we are going to end up with many cases like this. The line we are walking only ends in problems when one of each class/race is the only choice because they are so good. I would rather try and walk the line and have super interesting powers than go super bland and perfectly balanced.

For example: that extra passive and tray power is nice, but so is trailmaster. (because I like running around in Survival fast) I could use that extra power slot for bard speed song but now I have eaten a major discipline slot. Or I could take Arcane Archer for trailmaster but again major discipline used. The choices keep piling up.

Sooooo many choices.

4 hours ago, frozenshadow said:

@thomasblair Where's the Wood Elf bonus to Dexterity?

Their Dex is located in the race skill trees!

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

15 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

The numbers have a heavy influence coming from the skill trees and what a race can get to. Some races got more attributes than active powers etc.

I can look at doing an update on them. In the near future the harvesting and crafting stats will all see some influence from attributes as well.

Because of the level of customization in Crowfall we are going to end up with many cases like this. The line we are walking only ends in problems when one of each class/race is the only choice because they are so good. I would rather try and walk the line and have super interesting powers than go super bland and perfectly balanced.

For example: that extra passive and tray power is nice, but so is trailmaster. (because I like running around in Survival fast) I could use that extra power slot for bard speed song but now I have eaten a major discipline slot. Or I could take Arcane Archer for trailmaster but again major discipline used. The choices keep piling up.

Sooooo many choices.

Will we get instant attribute bonuses just from picking a class? e.g. ranger grants +X dexterity on selection combined with your race? Or only attributes within their skill trees and *optional* necromancy crafted vessel components? 

It would be interesting to hear about the harvesting/crafting layouts in the race trees. Unsurprisingly there seemed to be a lot of wood in the elves.. [predicable but feels like a lack of variety...unless they stack?)

RE: interesting powers - is it correct that the half-elf is the only one with out an active power so far? (not counting dodge here...)

How will trail speed interact with other effects like bard song of speed - will they stack - or will bard song overwrite the trail speed and make it irrelevant?

[see also other effect like the friar passive blessing that gives speed - how does that compare to trailblazer/master or bard speed in terms of power - as it is currently bugged and doesn't work or give a tooltip value etc]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

9 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

It just seems odd when the stat bonuses the races give need an explanation like that. At first glance it looks like Humans are stronger than Myrmidons, and Half-Elves are far more agile than both Humans and Elves. Its just a bit confusing to people trying to figure out the races.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

It just seems odd when the stat bonuses the races give need an explanation like that. At first glance it looks like Humans are stronger than Myrmidons, and Half-Elves are far more agile than both Humans and Elves. Its just a bit confusing to people trying to figure out the races.

Also its just very hard to judge the impact of attributes e.g. base vs racial and the 'real impact' these attributes have with regards to trickling down to stats.

but the same is also true with regards judging the value of something like an extra equipment slot and what that can translate too etc

26 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Sooooo many choices.

That's true - I suppose there are still hard choices. Do you go mobility/stealth with wood elf ranger or damage/utility with human? I like that. On paper 25% for 12 seconds sounds like a lot though. 

Speaking of Arcane Archer - I am VERY excited to try out those bow discs. Fingers crossed that we see those in 5.3. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

@blazzen

perhaps another approach to candle that burns penalty that works with more resources = give it a "leaching seed" cooldown punishment - whereby powers you use during the effect have X seconds added to their usual cooldowns?

[not that this will help LMB spam - unless it also interupt repeating combo chains during the effect like leaching seed does]

i wish we had more buffs and debuffs that manuiplated cooldowns in this manner! :) [hell i'd actually prefer an AoE leaching seed to the druids AoE root tbh....]

and an AoE faerie fire :)

i also wish we could place leaching seed on the death tray as well as the life tray... [same for avatar tbh]

Edited by Tinnis

5 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

@blazzen

perhaps another approach to candle that burns penalty that works with more resources = give it a "leaching seed" cooldown punishment - whereby powers you use during the effect have X seconds added to their usual cooldowns?

[not that this will help LMB spam - unless it also interupt repeating combo chains during the effect like leaching seed does]

i wish we had more buffs and debuffs that manuiplated cooldowns in this manner! :) [hell i'd actually prefer an AoE leaching seed to the druids AoE root tbh....]

and an AoE faerie fire :)

i also wish we could place leaching seed on the death tray as well as the life tray... [same for avatar tbh]

I think they're taking a similar approach to PCM where it may not effect everyone (pip users in the case of PCM) and if you're able to use the mechanic to your benefit then so be it. I bet we will see the damage toned down from 25% before we will see the mechanic change. I'm okay with this I suppose. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

2 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I think they're taking a similar approach to PCM where it may not effect everyone (pip users in the case of PCM) and if you're able to use the mechanic to your benefit then so be it. I bet we will see the damage toned down from 25% before we will see the mechanic change. I'm okay with this I suppose. 

also stat caps to consider - i presume that will be damage bonus - which caps at 40%. and something like leather armour can give 15%. some discs can add +6%, throw on a glass cannon for 15% etc...it can add up to the point where you dont get the "full effect" of certain combinations and ultimately you are being inefficient in your set up

Edited by Tinnis

2 hours ago, Deernado said:

There is a screenshot of an early build of the game showing this:

YaXCPCu.jpg

Frostweaver is that you? You are beautiful and look at that movement speed. Best stat in the game.

Where can I see more of this gorgeous specimen?

I think the values of Attributes is the big question mark here. Without this information, its hard to be critical of these race reveals as anything but vague and meaningless. Sure it's nice to see some of the active/passive powers you gain by going a specific way, but without knowing the drip-down from attributes you really aren't giving us a lot to contribute to the discussion. 

Considering how much time is left before "soft launch 2017", you aren't giving the community a lot of time to provide meaningful and knowledgeable feedback to you. I understand most of the other systems are still being designed, so I've refrained from asking about those. Surely you know what abilities grant on a per-class basis at this point though? Clarifying what you gain from skill trees is the other obvious half of the equation. I don't expect all races to be equal, but it'd again be very useful to know what the max stats are for each race before and after training.