Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Humans and Elves! - Official Discussion Thread

So, you're saying that there is no visual difference between human and nethari, yet you want to make them seem different by giving them different hair choices? Please ACE, I want to play a human and have the exact same hair choices as nethari. Please, don't add artificial uniqueness to races by limiting their options in character creation.

My human druid has already been wiped from existence, please don't wipe my cosmetic choices as well.

8 hours ago, ClockworkOrange said:

Please, please don't do this ACE. You are but a weak child with quite a few missing parts, you will be murdered in the real world.

Agree! so many pieces still missing to make OUR game succesful

15 hours ago, thomasblair said:

The numbers have a heavy influence coming from the skill trees and what a race can get to. Some races got more attributes than active powers etc.

Their Dex is located in the race skill trees!

Then since every race has a skill tree, why give them attributes on the racial rune at all? 

I assume one possible answer is flavor at character creation.  Which makes sense.  ...Well, it makes sense with some races such as Half Giants getting Strength and Constitution.  I know immediately that is a beefcake.  So when I make a Wood Elf at character creation, it should feel "dexy."  Don't hide it 12 months into a passive skill tree.

(And I don't even like Elves!)

rSHxVEY.gif

I keep forgetting different races have class restrictions.  Going to make it tricky to figure out what race I want to use for which class.  My obvious first choice is a human Templar as I love Templars and humans have both extra starting strength and damage resistance, not to mention those tasty extra slots.

And high elf humiliate sounds like it would be a nightmare to deal with in a 1v1 fight.  15% extra cost for abilities for 30 seconds, ouch.  Granted it depends on the class and what abilities you have but I could see it seriously messing with a few classes that focus on using up their resources quickly.

related to "speed" as a choice being brought up (and my previous questions on 'stacking' etc...)

When will we hear how mounts will affect speed and travel and their general mechanics etc? (e.g. see also animal husbandry)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

17 hours ago, scree said:

Considering how much time is left before "soft launch 2017", you aren't giving the community a lot of time to provide meaningful and knowledgeable feedback to you.

^

I understand that its a balance between not revealing to much or not wanting to reveal something that might actually not be in the game, but most of the time, from our point of view,  alot things sound extremely arbitrary and lack alot of forethought.

One race gets 120 stats up front and another gets 30? And the answer is is that the other race's stats are locked behind skill training? I mean, telling us the how and not the why is so annoying. Because honestly, that makes little sense. 

For example:

It would make more sense if every race had different max stat amounts for each stat and the way you reach those caps are different. IE You cap out ALOT quicker on RaceA but RaceB has much higher max caps just its harder and slower (skill training) to reach it. 

But right now we get info like "the sky is potato colored because obviously we grew alot of potatos". 

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

6 minutes ago, brian1611 said:

"Meet the Humans and Elves!" lol, Nethari are gonna be so mad.

btw, we should expecting a bunch of filthy wood elves gankers in the future.

“Filthy Ganker” is a term of esteem amoung our local rodent population!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

On 10/4/2017 at 10:06 AM, ren said:

Then since every race has a skill tree, why give them attributes on the racial rune at all? 

I assume one possible answer is flavor at character creation.  Which makes sense.  ...Well, it makes sense with some races such as Half Giants getting Strength and Constitution.  I know immediately that is a beefcake.  So when I make a Wood Elf at character creation, it should feel "dexy."  Don't hide it 12 months into a passive skill tree.

(And I don't even like Elves!)

I second this. The conveyance of this system is terrible. Maybe instead give a preview of the tree in the character creator, or perhaps on the rune card list display the passive stat bonus, and actives that can be gained in the tree. Not sure whats a good solution is here, but as is this is convoluted.

Also are we worried that some races are front loaded with stats while others have to spec down the line? Isn't this going to make for some odd power discrepancies in the early game? "Oh yea class x is really good the first few weeks, but wait until month 8 that's when y class gets really strong."

Edited by Undeadfred
Edited for grammer

I'm Right 98% of the time. Who cares about the other 3%.