Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wayoun

EK Resources

18 minutes ago, Wayoun said:

Will it be possible to get upgraded resource nodes in EKs?

We don't know yet. 

The basic idea is that there will be restrictions, like shown in this early concept:

EKFAQ_Chart_EN.png

It is (theoretically) possible, that we may be able to find/get resources spawners/dioramas of higher levels as rewards when we, for example, win campaigns. But thats just a theoretical possibility.

Anyways, we will never find resources of the highest quality in the eternal kingdoms (except through trading of course). Those are definitely restricted by the law of the risk vs. reward principle. 

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Note that I shared that image maybe a month or two back and it was refuted partially by people actively testing - that things had changed to be basic harvesting elements only, I believe.

But, I think Kraahk is generally right that it has not been settled how EKs and CWs will relate in harvesting quality, but it will likely follow the above diagram's general philosophy.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

You can only ever get Cobblestone, Poorly Made Sockswood, and Slag in the EK.  Artcraft confirmed absolutely no upgraded resources in EKs ever a long time ago.

Edited by Kith

Yep, Only rank 1 stuff. 

They had a bit of a naming convention booboo though in saying certain parcels are rank 2 or rank 3.

They are meaning the quality of the parcel itself can be ranked up. Like a town rank 1 can support 25 people. A Town rank 2 can support 50 people and a town parcel rank 3 can support 100 people. 

So don't get those confused. A Rank 3 parcel just has the building restrictions set at a looser level.  It does not mean there will be rank 3 nodes growing on that parcel.

unless they took it out you should be able to craft EK parcels in the future, so I can imagine that high quality/rarity parcels may produce better quality low tier resources.  It won't be as good as campaign worlds but will be better than the stuff we have right now.

8 minutes ago, jasta85 said:

unless they took it out you should be able to craft EK parcels in the future, so I can imagine that high quality/rarity parcels may produce better quality low tier resources.  It won't be as good as campaign worlds but will be better than the stuff we have right now.

We should be able to craft both Parcels and Spawners.

There is a bunch of (old) information about it in the FAQ:  http://crowfall.com/en/faq/parcelbuilder/#3

Want to make a parcel contain a zombie village with a concentration of oak in the center? (Because reasons!) Simply place the buildings you want from the tool, line the buildings with zombie NPC spawners, and then place some oak resource spawners in the center of the village you just created!

Spawners are crafted items. Our intent is to treat this like everything else; you need to craft it using materials, and the best spawners will require rare materials from the most dangerous campaigns.

IhhQKY6.gif