Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for October: Return of the Dragon - Official Discussion Thread

Mmmm that is a juicy number of bug fixes.

I can't wait until we are back on the 'real' branch of patches...

And new shiny bows.

p.s. question with regards survival vs combat trays:

I assume we can slot RMB dodges onto the survival tray? [But not stealth tray]

e.g. a knight or templar could use a racial dodge out of combat on their survival tray, then switch to combat and then have their parry/block on their combat tray?

Generally the only issue about the survival tray that comes to mind to me is it will be clunkier to enter combat - currently we can basically enter it via 1-0, LMB, RMB etc. But in future we will have to manually press Z every time.

Will stealth trays still be treated as 'out of combat' with regards regen/speed stats and vulnerability to the dizzy state?

Edited by Tinnis

Thanks for the answer about vessels being an item.  Your answer was better than I anticipated, you gave concrete reasoning behind when it would come, and what would be placed before it (i.e. 5.3 which will have many sub iterations).

lUvvzPy.png

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

I'm worried about the 

"we don't know yet"

regsrds to Duelist right click attacks with master of pistols!

its my favorite build!

As a Duelist main, what's your preference on how they handle this?  I'd like to see it unlock a ranged tray.  It plays completely different from stock Duelist, and you'd want a different set of passives, etc. when playing ranged vs. normal melee.  I can see the argument against it, though; that's a lot of power and flexibility out of a single rune that you don't even need a new weapon for.

16 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

As a Duelist main, what's your preference on how they handle this?  I'd like to see it unlock a ranged tray.  It plays completely different from stock Duelist, and you'd want a different set of passives, etc. when playing ranged vs. normal melee.  I can see the argument against it, though; that's a lot of power and flexibility out of a single rune that you don't even need a new weapon for.

My preference would be let me equip dual pistols :)

but the whole duelist thing is the ability to have a ranged and a melee weapon simultaneously--

I personally don't use any of the Duelist melee attacks, I run a pure range build.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

One thing struck me as confusing and I'm hoping someone can clarify.

In this update it says that the three major training spheres are Profession/Race/Class; non-VIPs get to train 1 of each and VIPs get to train 2 of each at a time.

However, in this current Q&A, it seems like you state that the Class skill trees are buried deep within the Combat Profession ones (the previous link seems to support this also) such that it would take someone a long time (the only length given is ~1 year) to reach them.

Does this mean that 1/3 the skill benefits of VIP are moot for a long while, until you've reached any Class trees in the Profession--->Combat---->Class progression?

Edited by kally

54 minutes ago, kally said:

In this update it says that the three major training spheres are Profession/Race/Class; non-VIPs get to train 1 of each and VIPs get to train 2 of each at a time.

However, in this current Q&A, it seems like you state that the Class skill trees are buried deep within the Combat Profession ones (the previous link seems to support this also) such that it would take someone a long time (the only length given is ~1 year) to reach them.

Does this mean that 1/3 the skill benefits of VIP are moot for a long while, until you've reached any Class trees in the Profession--->Combat---->Class progression?

They didn't say anything about a link between class and combat training spheres in this video. What they said is if/when they add trees that let you train a single specific class, those trees would be way at the end of the class sphere (after you train the tree for all classes, then the tree for 4 classes, then the tree for 2 classes), and it would take you about a year to get that far. So there's no hurry to add that, it would be a distant post-launch feature.

Edited by Avloren

1 hour ago, kally said:

Their terminology is a bit confusing. There are three spheres of training... Profession, Race and Class. Profession is broken into 3 lines: Combat, Exploration (read harvesting) and Crafting. Racial is broken into 3 lines (Man, Sylvan and Monster) and Class is broken into 3 lines (Fighter, Mage and Rogue). The true classes, i.e. Confessor, Druid and Duelist, won't have specific training trees at launch but those could eventually be added to the class lines and would branch off of their respective duel training trees (training in the Barbarian tree benefits both Myrmidons and Champions. Training in the Divine tree benefits both Clerics and Druids). Those with VIP accounts will be able to train both Crafting and Combat in the Profession tree...both Man and Monster in the Racial tree...and both Fighter and Mage in the Class tree. While this ability to train two lines won't materialize until after they get out of the Basic Racial, Basic Profession and Basic Class...it certainly won't take a year (more than likely, less than a month) for them to start reaping the rewards of VIP.

From what I can see Dizzy down is going to make it impossible to withdraw from a fight.  It insures that 1v1 an explorer will always die to a combat person if they get within combat range.  Am I wrong about this?

12 hours ago, Wayoun said:

From what I can see Dizzy down is going to make it impossible to withdraw from a fight.  It insures that 1v1 an explorer will always die to a combat person if they get within combat range.  Am I wrong about this?

In most circumstances you're correct. Some ultimate abilities allow for escape.

Im hoping for a snare/daze to replace the knockdown. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

The amount of hard CC needs to be toned down in general. I'd rather have a lower TTK than constantly lose control of my character to some fire and forget massive AoE Root/KD/Stun.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

IMO, in a game with item loot, you need a higher probability of escape than games without item loot. Make it require skill to finish someone off. In a pvp conquest game with objectives to capture being able to escape roaming gank squads doesn't effect the outcome of a campaign much but it may help with player retention and rage quitters. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

3 hours ago, blazzen said:

1 hour ago, soulein said:

The amount of hard CC needs to be toned down in general. I'd rather have a lower TTK than constantly lose control of my character to some fire and forget massive AoE Root/KD/Stun.

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

IMO, in a game with item loot, you need a higher probability of escape than games without item loot. Make it require skill to finish someone off. In a pvp conquest game with objectives to capture being able to escape roaming gank squads doesn't effect the outcome of a campaign much but it may help with player retention and rage quitters. 

Quoted for truth....

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

16 hours ago, Wayoun said:

In general, your toon will be specced to harvest.. which means, (even now if you have a basic harvesting discipline rune applied) you are generally going to be at a disadvantage against a PvP specced toon. Just the way it goes

6 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

In general, your toon will be specced to harvest.. which means, (even now if you have a basic harvesting discipline rune applied) you are generally going to be at a disadvantage against a PvP specced toon. Just the way it goes

Agreed. VIP will offset this to a degree, as you can train Combat and Harvesting concurrently. You will be somewhat less effective than someone who only focused in one and not the other, but it will be a much better situation than in the old system. A harvester also has the advantage of using it's Discipline Rune slots in more defensive and less offensive ways, if you prioritize escape etc.