Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
coolwaters

[-W-] Winterblades: Original thread

Good stuff, guys. @Xarrayne I see you casting Contain Essence a lot. I tested that for about a hour last night and saw NO change is essence reduction, so why are you casting it? I also tested Slow Growth which also had little to no affect. Thoughts?

Edited by QuasiDoc

2 minutes ago, QuasiDoc said:

Good stuff, guys. @Xarrayne I see you casting Contain Essence a lot. I tested that for about a hour last night and saw NO change is essence reduction, so why are you casting it? I also tested Slow Growth with also had little to no affect. Thoughts?

All the essence effecting passives and buffs are indeed currently broken as your noticed.

In the case of still using the Contain essence combo:

• Natures bond increases your group damage by 5%
  • Nature's grace increases the healing you do by 10%
  • Casting the combo generates some essence.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I do have to say, i like it when you guys let your actions speak for themselves... At roughly min 21 one of you states, "this is embarrassing for them"  No, not really! 

To be fair, a Templar can 1v5 EASILY. Add a tanky druid against 3 tanks and one VERY new druid and its a recipe for success. Looking forward to our next encounter... 

Edited by QuasiDoc

3 hours ago, QuasiDoc said:

I do have to say, i like it when you guys let your actions speak for themselves... At roughly min 21 one of you states, "this is embarrassing for them"  No, not really! 

To be fair, a Templar can 1v5 EASILY. Add a tanky druid against 3 tanks and one VERY new druid and its a recipe for success. Looking forward to our next encounter... 

And my response that immediately follows is "well to be fair we can't kill any of them either except..." 
The fight had been going on for 21 minutes by then with only 4 kills (3O 1C)

Maybe a Templar can 1v5, but if that were to happen it would be more on the shoulders of the 5 than the Templar imo.
Templar mechanics allow for various forms of denial and counters depending on how they play/build.

This was a super tank fight and was a blast aside from the FPS issues for me. It was also frustrating but certainly good fights as far as testing imo.
Both sides had good healing and survivability, good builds making it hard to actually get kills off.
In the fights both sides showcased some mechanics as well as you can hear the annoyance with certain bugs (Rend, Parry, FPS loss, Hotbar loss)

Getting an 'accurate' view of the opposition beyond just numbers is difficult. I mean even we didn't notice our random Druid had no weapon for almost the whole first fight. There's so much more than pure numbers involved in a fight such as coordination, group make up, type of weapon, quality/experience of players involved, bugs experienced etc.

In both fights fbz had a Basic Sword, perhaps things would have gone differently were that not the case for example.

Of course different people/sides will have different ways to interpret the events that transpire, I try not to have excuses win or lose, it's only a game and I play it to have fun. I've never been much for gaming competition, us vs them mentality, trying to be all business in regards to gaming/combat chat.

And me too, had a lot of good fights, witnessing loads of spirit and heart in these CF tests!
Even with all the bugs and frustrations I am having a bunch of fun with the game and people I come across.

Edited by Scorn
Added 'A Templar can'

ScornofLife2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Scorn said:

I've never been much for gaming competition, us vs them mentality, trying to be all business in regards to gaming/combat chat.

And that's a mindset and response i'd expect from WinterBlades based on what iv seen from you all in a short time. Though to be fair, i'v never run with you guys, so what do i know :)

GG 

4 hours ago, QuasiDoc said:

Good stuff, guys. @Xarrayne I see you casting Contain Essence a lot. I tested that for about a hour last night and saw NO change is essence reduction, so why are you casting it? I also tested Slow Growth which also had little to no affect. Thoughts?

Yeah that last part is useless, it's just muscle memory for me to cast the whole thing! But yeah, the first two parts (healing bonus and group damage buff) are still worth :) 

And yeah I second what Scorn says - especially during the testing phase this is friendly competition, and though (of course) I want to win it doesn't mean we need to put everyone in the dirt... Yet! :lol:  I'm glad to see so many honorable opponents here :wub:

Here's Part 2 (officially):

:^)

9 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

@Xarrayne is so honorable - he even ends up healing two of his faction enemies in this fight, because reasons and druid bug magic?

:lol: (At 16:42 timestamp)

(I also do my own fair share of sockstalking sometimes, but it's all in good humour - I want to make people laugh, and I hope it's never at the cost of someone else's enjoyment!)

Edited by Xarrayne

:^)

4 hours ago, CPU13rother said:

Is that one set castle walls? do you know about how many pieces u used?

It uses pieces taken from several keeps and castles. Not sure exactly how many pieces or how many keeps/castles I took pieces from.

IhhQKY6.gif

17 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

The small stone forts have 2 gatehouses, so it took at least 6 of those!

My small castle has 8 gatehouses after looking so that is probably about one small castle worth.

Don't play with yourself behind your keyboard. PVP!