Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
coolwaters

[-W-] Winterblades: Original thread

Recommended Posts

Winterblades have been enjoying the new testing format. Sure, there's some work to do before we have a proper world to fight over, but we're seeing progress.

More importantly, Todd's personal activity over the past couple of weeks tells me that ACE is about make a hard push to give us the first, rough iteration of a living world to fight over. 

Our expectations are in check, but as a guild we're excited to be a part of this phase more than anything we've seen yet.

New friends and old enemies, hop into TS and we'll give you the skinny on all aspects of the game thus far.

Turns out, Winter is indeed coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

Winterblades have been enjoying the new testing format. Sure, there's some work to do before we have a proper world to fight over, but we're seeing progress.

More importantly, Todd's personal activity over the past couple of weeks tells me that ACE is about make a hard push to give us the first, rough iteration of a living world to fight over. 

Our expectations are in check, but as a guild we're excited to be a part of this phase more than anything we've seen yet.

New friends and old enemies, hop into TS and we'll give you the skinny on all aspects of the game thus far.

Turns out, Winter is indeed coming.

TS? When are the blades going to get with the modern day and move to Discord? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Handies said:

TS? When are the blades going to get with the modern day and move to Discord? :P

We use both extensively, but there are a few features unique to TS that we think are important for multi-group engagements.

But as good as Discord is getting it may not be long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the larger fights from this weekend.  Got wind of 9 UDL running around BB, we rallied up 5 Winterblades and had some fun shooting for the upset victory.

Got a few more -W- on, rallied, and had a nice slug fest.

Thanks to UDL for bringing the PvP.

Edited by angelmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting closer to a game I'll play and test... come on 5.3!  Glad to see WB holding down the fort until my triumphant return.


nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coolwaters said:

Lol, I just asked Mal where the hell you'd been like 30 minutes ago.

Small ass (SB) world.

Playing pubg mostly.  Its fun.  Really just waiting for this to develop.


nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, angelmar said:

One of the larger fights from this weekend.  Got wind of 9 UDL running around BB, we rallied up 5 Winterblades and had some fun shooting for the upset victory.

Got a few more -W- on, rallied, and had a nice slug fest.

Thanks to UDL for bringing the PvP.

Here's another viewpoint of that same fight, Healer PoV and playing with some of the weather/lighting graphical options, it really brings out the skill effects and leads to a less idyllic world imo.

The latest patches have really shown more of what potential the game has to offer. Had many a good fight and I only hope for even more
 

 

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit one thing so far about Crowfall... Just like SB the videos of fights aren't very interesting unless you play  the game and realize what is happening.

 

Combat also appears to be all about coordinated kiting which also like SB, range wins.


nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agelmar said:

I have to admit one thing so far about Crowfall... Just like SB the videos of fights aren't very interesting unless you play  the game and realize what is happening.

 

Combat also appears to be all about coordinated kiting which also like SB, range wins.

 

Some of it is kind of hard to tell at this point because the fights really aren't getting much bigger than 10v10. We've had some 15v15 but it is extremely rare and that isn't even really very large. There is definitely a lot of kiting and peeling just like SB but that isn't exactly different from other pvp mmos.


C4sIZDW.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SeleniaQFT said:

I played with Winterblades back in the day. Same winterblades from Shadowbane? Sele is looking for a home and some FC GEAR ;)

Hey Selenia.  Long time.  Spoke with BraveSirRobin when he was lurking the forums but haven't seen him in a while.

Same -W-.  I even wrote up the history.

Catch us in discord if you want a hand getting caught up on CF and jumping in on some pvp/scrims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice video indeed! Hopefully, in the near future I will find more time. Irma has done a number on us down here (I worked 37 hours straight). Needless to say, my real life (job) has kept me quite busy in between emergency prep and after action. I'll try my "bestest" to get on this weekend!


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...