• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
coolwaters

[-W-] Winterblades: Original thread

4XqHjtR.jpg

GWyU8Vh.jpg

15 Victories yesterday.  Special shout out to Sugoi for being the only real speed bump we encountered.  Cuddles and his Champion friend pulled off an excellently timed flamethrower+knockdown in a narrow part of the fire room in the keep.  Only good use of a Champion all day yesterday really.  Gratz to all. 

15 Victories yesterday.  Special shout out to Sugoi for being the only real speed bump we encountered.  Cuddles and his Champion friend pulled off an excellently timed flamethrower+knockdown in a narrow part of the fire room in the keep.  Only good use of a Champion all day yesterday really.  Gratz to all. 

Ahh looks like we got the same amount of wins :D. Looks like after that one 2v4 match and the match we won right after, we stopped seeing you guys. Look forward to seeing you guys some other time :)

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

Ahh looks like we got the same amount of wins :D. Looks like after that one 2v4 match and the match we won right after, we stopped seeing you guys. Look forward to seeing you guys some other time :)

I believe we won the match immediately after that one, with you guys in it, but you guys were already down a few at the end. Don't recall too many other match ups.

Yah, just rewatched the footage from the fight. We dropped your healer 4v3 in the keep main entrance and were so hungry to mop up the final 2. Got into the fire room, focused Cuddles. Champ Knockdown, Flamethrower, Dead. Was well timed.

The match starts at 4:31:30 http://www.twitch.tv/cuddlesthepanda1/v/45128969. And you guys did do well, it was just difficult to coordinate with random people who weren't on our teamspeak since we split up to break for food at one point.

Edited by cuddlesthepanda

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

The match starts at 4:31:30 http://www.twitch.tv/cuddlesthepanda1/v/45128969. And you guys did do well, it was just difficult to coordinate with random people who weren't on our teamspeak since we split up to break for food at one point.

Yah, we actually won the next two fights in your stream. That fight w/ Tyrant on our side. We actually were just trying to keep Tyrant alive as long as possible as a mini-game. He runs straight to the keep EVERY time and engages the FIRST target he sees.

-W- went 8-0 this evening on Singapore. Continuing our dance with Sugoi we won vs them and then joined them for the big 7v7v7 last match vs a HaH team.

K6yseM3.jpg

Grabbed SSes of all the matches, except the very first and most important. 3v3v3v3 we managed to almost keep Tyrant alive to the end. He is very much a Knight with a deathwish.

-W- went 8-0 this evening on Singapore. Continuing our dance with Sugoi we won vs them 

Wouldn't exactly say won vs "them" as we only had 3 members in a 6 person team, in which Tyrant and a random confessor instantly suicided from an unknown location and one of our centaur's decided to quit by running into another team. Handicapped with over 350 ping doesn't really make for a good match.

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

Wouldn't exactly say won vs "them" as we only had 3 members in a 6 person team, in which Tyrant and a random confessor instantly suicided from an unknown location and one of our centaur's decided to quit by running into another team. Handicapped with over 350 ping doesn't really make for a good match.

Uya, no need to get defensive.

Seven posts up, I called out Sugoi to compliment you on your victory and specifically your play on that champion. Four posts up, I note that when we met you on the field next and -W- won, that your team was already reduced in numbers. One post up, I even note as you do, that Tyrant is a bit of a handicap/challenge.

We all play under similar conditions and especially with the random nature of the Hungerdome we win some and we lose some--sometimes for reasons beyond our control. The randoms are... random and can often be terribad. I'm sure there will be matches in the future where -W- comes out on the rough end. In the final match last night where we were on the same team, I noted you and cuddles pulled off another coordinated knockdown/flamethrower combo during the fight. I look forward to more matches, especially against coordinated groups.

Edited by angelmar

As defensive as it may sound, I only posted because I was concerned your statement would give other players the wrong idea. But other than that I thank you for the compliments, and agree on your note about randoms. It may be a little bit early for the guilds to be at each others throats after all.

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

As defensive as it may sound, I only posted because I was concerned your statement would give other players the wrong idea. But other than that I thank you for the compliments, and agree on your note about randoms. It may be a little bit early for the guilds to be at each others throats after all.

Having done this for 17 years now, you're going win some, you're going to lose some. Magnanimity in victory and graciousness in defeat will generally serve you well.