ACE_Jackal

Meet the Monsters! - Official Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Yumx said:

I'm wondering why they removed the interrupt mechanic from the Wild Charge, and made it an armor break instead.

Maybe it still does?  It was a little push back that did it me thinks.  It would be a shame if it was removed... as it was really the only useful part of that ability.

Edited by Destrin

Saltpeter Rounds, which applies a 30-second buff that increases the maximum distance of all ranged powers by 5m, and causes all “pistol” powers to passive apply a snare to the target.

So for 30s, this applies a snare to the Duelist base kit powers of Flintlock Shot, Pepperbox Shot, Go For Broke (from stealth) as well as the Master of Pistols powers (LMB Pistol Shot and Rapid Fire)? Does this also mean that if you have the Saltpeter Rounds buff active when you hit Go For Broke...everyone hit with GFB is also snared? (since its an AoE)? Can Saltpeter Rounds be slotted in the stealth tray? and not break stealth if activated?

Also...for a Guinecean Cleric...this would increase the range of his Hammer Throws. Would it also increase the range of Tend Wounds? Rescue? Rehabilitation?

Does Saltpeter Rounds add 5m to any of the Knight's base kit powers? Chain pull? I would presume that this would effect bow powers if a Guinecean Knight took the Master of Bows or one of the bow MajDiscs right?

Edited by Gradishar

7 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Minotaur racial ability bloodthirst is better than the myrimdon bezerk. Intended?

I don't think there is a way to mitigate the DOT that comes after the mino bloodthirst. So you will always take the 50% dmg.  It also probably has a longer CD.  So i would hardly call that better.

If you can cleanse the Dot.... Then maybe... but i doubt they would want you cleansing it.

Edited by Destrin

6 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Minotaur racial ability bloodthirst is better than the myrimdon bezerk. Intended?

1 minute ago, Destrin said:

I don't think there is a way to mitigate the DOT that comes after the mino berzerk. So you will always take the 50% dmg.  It also probably has a longer CD.  So i would hardly call that better.

With mino frontal stun immunity and the half giant UW type ability it's going to be even easier to mitigate the crash as a Myrm. I've got no problem with this mino racial berserk. Rangers are going to have a HARD choice for race - so many good ones. Mino Champion is going to be nasty too. 

29 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

So for 30s, this applies a snare to the Duelist base kit powers of Flintlock Shot, Pepperbox Shot, Go For Broke (from stealth) as well as the Master of Pistols powers (LMB Pistol Shot and Rapid Fire)? Does this also mean that if you have the Saltpeter Rounds buff active when you hit Go For Broke...everyone hit with GFB is also snared? (since its an AoE)? Can Saltpeter Rounds be slotted in the stealth tray? and not break stealth if activated?

Also...for a Guinecean Cleric...this would increase the range of his Hammer Throws. Would it also increase the range of Tend Wounds? Rescue? Rehabilitation?

It would be interesting to know if saltpeter rounds can be slotted in the stealth tray to be able to use it with go for broke. My guess is "no" and that you'd have to activate it, restealth, then use it for go for broke which probably wouldn't be worth it. In any event it's a great ability for master of pistol duelists.

You still have the issue of berserk not lasting long enough to do anything during its duration and takes up 2 ability slots. Unless it's changed since I've last played.

The racial is just 1 button take 50% less for 6 seconds.

16 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Do the centaur toggles count as an "aura" and therefor interfere with cleric auras?

TB and MH told us that the Centaur toggle powers do not interfere with the cleric toggles or the bard toggles. A Centaur/Cleric/Bard could have 3 toggle powers all up at once (Hippocratic Oath, Holy Aura and Verses of Victory)...and if they get hard CCed, it would take them 6s to get them all started again.