ACE_Jackal

Meet the Monsters! - Official Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Yoink said:

The racial is just 1 button take 50% less for 6 seconds.

Not sure if i have ever seen it work this way... but.... Isn't the Myrm Berzerk supposed to only do 50% of the dmg on crash if you hit a bleeding target with-in 3s of the crash?  I remember something about that, but don't think i have ever seen it happen.

7 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Not sure if i have ever seen it work this way... but.... Isn't the Myrm Berzerk supposed to only do 50% of the dmg on crash if you hit a bleeding target with-in 3s of the crash?  I remember something about that, but don't think i have ever seen it happen.

That's the way it's supposed to work.

There's also a skill node which makes you take 10% less crash damage as a Myrm. 

It needs to be tested though. I haven't messed with the Myrm in a while due to PCM bugs. 

Maybe they just need to increase berserk duration some for Myrms from 8 secs to maybe 12 secs :P 

1 hour ago, Yumx said:

I'm wondering why they removed the interrupt mechanic from the Wild Charge, and made it an armor break instead.

I applaud this decision for realism and suggest ACE include a Formation Break proc to it whenever the power rolls a critical hit against an avatar locking shields with at least one other avatar (using a discipline that grants that power).

27 minutes ago, blazzen said:

With mino frontal stun immunity and the half giant UW type ability it's going to be even easier to mitigate the crash as a Myrm. I've got no problem with this mino racial berserk. Rangers are going to have a HARD choice for race - so many good ones. Mino Champion is going to be nasty too. 

Crash probably shouldn't be a frontal damage source, anyway.

14 minutes ago, Destrin said:

5 minutes ago, blazzen said:

That's the way it's supposed to work.

There's also a skill node which makes you take 10% less crash damage as a Myrm. 

It needs to be tested though. I haven't messed with the Myrm in a while due to PCM bugs. 

Maybe they just need to increase berserk duration some for Myrms from 8 secs to maybe 12 secs :P 

bleed proc: jaBN3K5.png

pulv avoid: y3mQyUn.png

[old images]

p.s. will mino front "stun" immunity - is that truly stun only or also include knockdown?

Edited by Tinnis

5 minutes ago, chancellor said:

Crash probably shouldn't be a frontal damage source, anyway.

I meant with frontal stun immunity it'll be harder for people to stun the minotaur to FORCE a crash. 

3 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

bleed proc: jaBN3K5.png

pulv avoid: y3mQyUn.png

[old images]

p.s. will mino front "stun" immunity - is that truly stun only or also include knockdown?

I never noticed this before! Thanks! 

Pretty sure mino frontal stun immunity is stun only and not knockdown. Stoneborne gets the knockdown protection. 

Dashing left, right,  and backward for Centaurs seems kind of hard to pull off, seeing as they are half horses and all. I would really like to see some other option, rather than dodge.

Still pondering whether I want to go Half Giant vs. Minotaur for Myrmidon. Half Giant has a lot of obvious benefits but frontal stun immunity sounds so good too. I'm really wondering how the attributes are going to differ between the races in the racial skill trees. 

22 minutes ago, threash said:

Minos getting a huge dex boost and no str just seems so weird to me.

Yep, it is very strange to see Minos getting Dex while Humans get Strength.

I'm sure the devs would explain that the Minos' Strength advantages are hidden in training, but it just gives a weird impression to people who are looking at the racial stats.

Just now, Jah said:

Yep, it is very strange to see Minos getting Dex while Humans get Strength.

I'm sure the devs would explain that the Minos' Strength advantages are hidden in training, but it just gives a weird impression to people who are looking at the racial stats.

100% agree here.

The stats on the racial discipline should be an indication of which stats, and in what quantities, are found in the skill tree.  Otherwise, people will make wrong assumptions during "character selection".  For example, it would be easy to conclude that a Human character would end up with significantly more strength than a Minotaur, but that could be entirely not true.  Not sure how intentional deception holds any design value in this context.

Why is dodge roll attached the race cards?

Wouldn't it be easier just to make it a universal skill, then add a special dodge power to the races that have one?  I"m sure there is some programming reason I don't know about but it just seems odd to me.........

28 minutes ago, FlyingDutchman said:

Why is dodge roll attached the race cards?

Wouldn't it be easier just to make it a universal skill, then add a special dodge power to the races that have one?  I"m sure there is some programming reason I don't know about but it just seems odd to me.........

I think it's mostly for flavor. Most of the dodge powers aren't exactly identical, they have different names and presumably different animations.

It might have some implications for actual gameplay, though: maybe they have slightly different animation times and travel distances?

Obviously certain ones (dissipate, zealot rush) are very different - I mean that even the "default" dodges may vary slightly. If they don't, they really should: that seems like the chief advantage of having unique dodges per race, it gives ACE the chance to build in slight advantages/disadvantages that skilled players can take advantage of.

Edited by Avloren

1 hour ago, Kirchhoff said:

100% agree here.

The stats on the racial discipline should be an indication of which stats, and in what quantities, are found in the skill tree.  Otherwise, people will make wrong assumptions during "character selection".  For example, it would be easy to conclude that a Human character would end up with significantly more strength than a Minotaur, but that could be entirely not true.  Not sure how intentional deception holds any design value in this context.

This is a carryover from the conversation with the Wood Elf change so they no longer start with Dex.  It's difficult to understand the logic behind these stat choices for some of the racial runes.

One thing I liked a lot was the design philosophy - choosing a race was going to be more meaningful, not just cosmetic. 

Just curious if people think single-race/species guilds will be doable given what we currently know?  I have always sensed that, once the number crunching is done, we get presented with "min-max" templates for "killer PVP groups" (e.g. three of X, two of Y and one of Z for healing).

Does it seem we will see not only real diversity of group make-up, but also feasibility for those who want to create single race/species guilds?

52 minutes ago, cemya said:

One thing I liked a lot was the design philosophy - choosing a race was going to be more meaningful, not just cosmetic. 

Just curious if people think single-race/species guilds will be doable given what we currently know?  I have always sensed that, once the number crunching is done, we get presented with "min-max" templates for "killer PVP groups" (e.g. three of X, two of Y and one of Z for healing).

Does it seem we will see not only real diversity of group make-up, but also feasibility for those who want to create single race/species guilds?

My Dwarf guild will likely be all-Dwarf mains and a limited range of alts (we have not decided, and will wait to do so).

Introducing racial training is a boon to us. Anything that encourages building guilds that are not ARAC is a boon to the game's diversity, as people may develop their min-max assuming they are going against a similarly min-maxed group composition, but then face off against all Stoneborn and get smashed. In most situations, however, being all one-race is a serious disadvantage, so we are also hoping for Lore-organized campaign worlds.

Edit: As a for instance: if necromancy and vessel-building can be racially trained, so our specialization into Stoneborn vessels provides benefits, that will also be a boon to our survivability in small numbers.

Edited by mctan