Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Crowfall Q&A Live for October - Official Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

God! You guys need to announce this kind of thing at least 24 hours before it happens.

This post was made 55min ago and google tells me it is 10:30 AM CDT now. So we get a less than 2 hours of buffer. Madness!

As always i shall wait for the YouTube video.

They go up on a regular schedule for this exact reason; it's always Tuesday at 11am. The Pre-Alpha 5 Live! stream happens on the second Tuesday of the month, and the Live Q&A happens on the third Tuesday of the month.


Jack Kirby
Associate Writer/Customer Service Lead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ACE_Jackal said:

They go up on a regular schedule for this exact reason; it's always Tuesday at 11am. The Pre-Alpha 5 Live! stream happens on the second Tuesday of the month, and the Live Q&A happens on the third Tuesday of the month.

i dont think it was mentioned in the newsletter etc tho as upcoming? most of us forget to consult our crowfall starchart :)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure all the new disciplines and skills

look cool but..

The last update on the skill system gave VIP’s the ability to train both Combat and harvesting on the same account. I really liked that as I intend to be specced in both since harvesting involves venturing out into dangerous territory, and protecting your resources.

but if you need harvesting disciplines to be effective at harvesting and combat disciplines to be effective at Combat you have to choose in which way you want to be ineffective ...

 

I think it would be great if you could equip two Combat majors and had a slot for a “profession” discipline either crafting or harvesting

Will the vessel system be online in 5.3 so we can swap builds easily?

When disciplines don’t just cost an ore this could force you to either grind resources forever or be a loot piñata 

@thomasblair


www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Sure all the new disciplines and skills

look cool but..

The last update on the skill system gave VIP’s the ability to train both Combat and harvesting on the same account. I really liked that as I intend to be specced in both since harvesting involves venturing out into dangerous territory, and protecting your resources.

but if you need harvesting disciplines to be effective at harvesting and combat disciplines to be effective at Combat you have to choose in which way you want to be ineffective ...

 

I think it would be great if you could equip two Combat majors and had a slot for a “profession” discipline either crafting or harvesting

Will the vessel system be online in 5.3 so we can swap builds easily?

When disciplines don’t just cost an ore this could force you to either grind resources forever or be a loot piñata 

@thomasblair

This was actually why I said all along that it would not be a big deal to allow people to train in multiple general (profession) skills. 

If you're planning on fighting you will equip a vessel with combat disciplines and combat stats on gear. If you're going to harvest you will equip a vessel with harvesting disciplines and harvesting stats on gear. 

It's similar to Eve in that if you're going mining you go in a mining ship. If you're going pirating you go in a pirating ship. 

You can't equip for everything simultaneously BUT you can choose to do different things on the SAME ACCOUNT without being forced to buy ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTS. 

Working as intended I believe. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears that these new harvesting disciplines will replace Laborer.  If that is the case, it feels like a step backward:  Instead of having one discipline that gives 3 plentiful pips to all harvesting activities, depending on which passive is equipped, we'll have individual major disciplines that give +1 plentiful pips to a specific harvesting type. That means more forced specialization, and will increase the need for trained harvesters.  It also means that an individual harvester is going to absolutely suck at harvesting most stuff for the first couple of years, and will suck only a little less at his/her chosen specialty for the first year or more.

If Laborer is sticking around, then ignore these concerns - it won't be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, durenthal said:

It appears that these new harvesting disciplines will replace Laborer.  If that is the case, it feels like a step backward:  Instead of having one discipline that gives 3 plentiful pips to all harvesting activities, depending on which passive is equipped, we'll have individual major disciplines that give +1 plentiful pips to a specific harvesting type. That means more forced specialization, and will increase the need for trained harvesters.  It also means that an individual harvester is going to absolutely suck at harvesting most stuff for the first couple of years, and will suck only a little less at his/her chosen specialty for the first year or more.

If Laborer is sticking around, then ignore these concerns - it won't be an issue.

you need to remember that the 'basic discs':

- don't work on slag/cobble/knot

- don't stack with other sources of plentiful e.g. from skill trees

 


caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

you need to remember that the 'basic discs':

- don't work on slag/cobble/knot

- don't stack with other sources of plentiful e.g. from skill trees

 

Who cares about slag/cobblestone/knotwood?

Laborer is there to smooth the entry level problems for the economy.  If it is removed, it could be over a year before a harvester gets 3 pips in all forms of ore harvesting, for example.  Laborer providing plentiful 3 to all advanced harvesting allows the economy to be kickstarted with enough materials coming in to make the system work.  Without it, there will be problems.

@thomasblair can you confirm whether or not laborer is sticking around, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patch 5.3 is shaping up to be the potential turning point for Crowfall. Seems like post Patch 5.3 will be a different era of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, durenthal said:

Who cares about slag/cobblestone/knotwood?

Laborer is there to smooth the entry level problems for the economy.  If it is removed, it could be over a year before a harvester gets 3 pips in all forms of ore harvesting, for example.  Laborer providing plentiful 3 to all advanced harvesting allows the economy to be kickstarted with enough materials coming in to make the system work.  Without it, there will be problems.

@thomasblair can you confirm whether or not laborer is sticking around, please?

Thats how it is *now*, sure.

But we have not, for instance, seen the details of the harvesting and crafting perks within the racial skill trees and the speed by which one can travel through a tree if you only say need 3 or 4 pips and 65% tree completion etc

I can see the basic resource types having value - e.g. as the stage between basic and high quality, as an expendable stockpile or say just feeding into weapon runestones or ease of blueprint templating and then feeding a perfectly rolled basic resource weapon etc etc

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ACE_Jackal said:

They go up on a regular schedule for this exact reason; it's always Tuesday at 11am. The Pre-Alpha 5 Live! stream happens on the second Tuesday of the month, and the Live Q&A happens on the third Tuesday of the month.

Plus i will add that schedule on twitch page is available since early october!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...