Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Q&A Live for October - Official Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, miraluna said:

The 1-3x on Mothernodes is definitely NOT reading. 5 players hitting on a big rock should be a volcano (3-5x) of doobers!

I agree. Motherloads are widely considered not worth the durability loss on tools if you're going after ore and not the other items they drop. The multiplier needs to be looked at @thomasblair - these should result in a fountain of ore due to the increased difficulty. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Things that could be considered, perhaps at some future point.

With the change/removal of the labor disk from 3 plentiful harvest from +2 to +1,  something I think is the correct direction, and the addition of weak points, perhaps in addition to extra damage to the node, a weak point hit could also produce an extra doober of the lowest quality (grey), regardless of what point in the destruction sequence the node is.

You could put a minimum damage requirement, so that if you hit the weak point AND do at least 25 damage, an extra doober (or dust) drops, so players can't just whack on high tier nodes to produce unlimited quantities of low grade material.

This would offset the perceived loss of volume that POI's originally were intended for, and has been switched to building materials.

There are several positive things I think this would do.

1. New players with weak tools would have an opportunity to harvest the lowest quality materials, without needing to improve their plentiful harvest passive training to at least build grey gear. (Frankly, with the way that PH tables payout, we hardly ever see the grey materials anyway, and that seems like a waste of potential scale).
  2. Older players could have a surplus of grey materials, so twinking new players with low end gear would be far less of a chore.
  3. Higher tier nodes would be more valuable and worth spending the tool decay on, because they would naturally produce more grey material due to taking more hits to take down, and more chances to trigger a weak spot.
  4.  Grey materials could provide bulk material for bootstrapping, and give crafters an opportunity to actually experiment and power factory production, rather than trying to scrape by with very limited quantities. (We have yet to see how much harvesting time is required to even get a single run of bars made).
  5. A set of minor disciplines, I noticed ALL harvesting disciplines are currently major, could be built that improve what happens specifically when weak spots are hit. For example a series for each material type could be built that had two grey doobers drop instead of one, or knocks out more dust, or doubles your critical hit/amount chance, etc.
  6. Motherloads would suddenly be far more worth the time, as they survive longer they would be able to produce larger quantities of bulk, low quality materials.

Basically, at first look, I think that the system could do with more volumes of low grade materials, and dropping set values of extra low grade doobers when hitting weak spots seems like an easy and rewarding thing to add for players, without needing to totally revamp the plentiful harvest tables.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

I agree. Motherloads are widely considered not worth the durability loss on tools if you're going after ore and not the other items they drop. The multiplier needs to be looked at @thomasblair - these should result in a fountain of ore due to the increased difficulty. 

Going to provide a third vote on this.  I think that mother loads should range from 3-6 rolls or more, rather than 1-3, and ALWAYS produce more than a basic node.

I'm honestly quite surprised that ACE hasn't picked up on the complaints about how useless and unrewarding hammering on motherloads actually is.  Many have been complaining about it practically since day one.

I also think they should get rid of that "needs to do 20% of the damage" criteria, because I think it is causing problems/resetting when you have to rest between stamina drain. 

Mathematically it makes zero sense as it would take over 6 people hammering on a single node (more than the current group size), before the largest contributor could even fall below 20% of the damage, and if you are hammering on a single mother load node with more than 6 people, it's entirely possible for NOBODY to trigger the 20% limit, so that nobody's bonus applies.

I understand the desire to manage "abuse", but right now it's a pointless and redundant calculation, that really only makes an unintuitive mess of things. Personally, I would prefer if just the best of each skill was used by any player when hitting a node, simply to promote real teamwork rather than some weird mini game of damage management. 

Especially now that with disc's players can elect to equip different skills/bonus than their team members. Applying all would encourage different players in each group to equip different disc's and co-ordinate builds.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

This looks really great.  My main issue is exemplified by the weak spot chance/power stats.  Reducing TTK for nodes if you remain engaged is such a great idea and will make a huge difference in making things fun.  However, nodes are scanty enough & respawns are long enough that node TTK basically has 0 impact on harvesting yield.  So, why would I prioritize weak spot stats when they have no impact on harvesting yield?  A ton of the gathering discs work like this, giving more stamina, adding ways to get stamina, adding weak points, destroying the node faster.  Okay, so you stack all these up and, and now you can kill the node super fast and then like, do what?  There's nothing to do afterward.  These seem to be built around your test environment where lower node TTK = higher yield.  But that's not how the game you built actually works.  The funniest quote from the Q&A was "yeah we're going to have to balance that so you can't keep 100% uptime".  I mean, not really, right?  Uptime's main bottleneck has nothing to do with stamina or mining speed.  You could add a minor discipline that just made harvesting not consume stamina and it would not really impact balance for anyone except harvesting knights.

Miner/Logger/Etc.:

+1 Plentiful Harvest Major is everything I've ever wanted and more.  This ensures that from the moment I plug in my first advanced tree +Plentiful I'm looking at potentially 4 Plentiful and from the moment I finish my first subtree I'm looking at 5.  There's a clear moment for shutting off Laborer, when we get access to the major + either harvest leadership or potion production.  The capstone's +Plentiful bonus is now more about reclaiming a major slot than providing a badly-needed bonus two years in.  All this while maintaining specialization.  Basically every problem I had with PH advancement is fixed now.  The node TTK passive is just icing on the cake, and much appreciated.

Connoisseur/Survivalist:

Connoisseur is a great discpline.  Seems weird as a major but I guess if the boosts are significant then that's fine.  I'd rather see Finer Things as a minor with other similar minors for boosting dust, higher low-qual volume, and lower volume but higher quality chance.  Stuff like that.  Make them work like bard songs where only one can be active at a time.  I'd hate to see Finer Things on a major just because it's strapped to a 17th TTK-reducing ability, only this time it consumes an item.  Same with Survivalist.

Foreman:

Foreman is I guess the main exception here- TTK makes a material difference in being able to take down motherlodes at all, although as others have pointed out, the yield benefits of doing so are extremely iffy.  Lead From the Front is the most useless passive imaginable.  It seems to be built around the idea that you are with multiple other dedicated harvesters working on several nodes together.  ???why??? Why would anyone do this, given the current game?  Allowing anyone other than the most adept harvester to work on a node is a recipe for missed crits and regret.  Like I guess if I was spec'd into tin and my friend was spec'd into copper and we happened to find a copper and tin cluster right next to each other Lead From The Front might be useful, but.... like how often is that going to happen?

You guys need to decide if the harvesting paradigm for Crowfall is an EVE thing where resource nodes are so plentiful that having as many people as possible show up and mine is helpful, and TTK improvements make a big difference in yield, or whether the harvesting paradigm is how it currently works where one guy with as many relevant yield bonuses as possible mines 8 nodes and then you spent 3 minutes moving somewhere else.  The fact that it currently works like the latter is the main reason that nobody likes motherlodes, among other things.

One solution would be to make motherlodes not have a health bar per se, but rather a visible timer after you start hitting them.  Chunks fall off the motherlode as you deal damage and become regular nodes, so a yield-miner takes on the small nodes and damage-miners with a team of Foreman-empowered schlubs take on the mother.  Since motherlodes don't have loot yields, they just accept damage, you don't have to worry about one of the schlubs eating the loot roll.  Gems could be a swing proc.  This would add a place for these TTK-focused abilities to go, as well as add the group-based harvesting content you seem to want.  Since dealing more damage doesn't just exhaust the node faster (as it currently does) but instead give you more basic nodes before the motherlode expires, it'd allow some amount of variation of builds.  Motherlodes should probably be somewhat rarer & bigger in this case, with current motherlodes becoming just double-HP/double-yield basic nodes to make node clusters more visible.  Motherlodes should probably be temporary events to discourage people from hanging around trying to put together a "perfect" group to take them down, and spur them to more immediate action.

I would love to be able to put together an ad-hoc 3 man group with 1 Foreman+Miner to pick up nodes while the other two bang it out in combat spec.  I'd love to put together a "static" crew that runs every week with 1 yield/foreman harvester, and 4 stamina/weakspot harvesters with a mob of bodyguards.  Maybe nodes would spawn too fast with a group like that and I'd have to revisit the relative importance of yield vs TTK, who knows?

Lookout:

Lookout seems like a good compromise on recent dizzy discussion, and it comes with a little TTK bonus, just like Miner/Logger/etc.  This is my favorite "genre" of these disciplines: give me something materially great, then sweeten it with a TTK reduction.

Conclusion:

Overall I want to emphasize that I really do like these changes.  It just seems like reduced node TTK, which is a QOL change, is being treated as something valuable we should be willing to trade stuff for, when my experience in this game is exactly the opposite- even with the insanely high TTKs that exist now, I don't feel like it's impacting my yield whatsoever.  So reducing TTK does not appear to provide any material benefit to me.  I'd like lower TTK, and coupling it with something I'd kill for like +1 PH or Dizzy immunity is a great, great thing to do.  But I'm not going to trade combat effectiveness for lower TTK, and I'm sure as hell not going to trade yield.  I don't think anyone else would either.  Maybe with the introduction of "combat harvesting" during sieges these skills will become more valuable, but right now they seem super iffy, so it sucks that they make up the bulk of our options.

Edited by canvox

31 minutes ago, canvox said:

You guys need to decide if the harvesting paradigm for Crowfall is an EVE thing where resource nodes are so plentiful that having as many people as possible show up and mine is helpful, and TTK improvements make a big difference in yield, or whether the harvesting paradigm is how it currently works where one guy with as many relevant yield bonuses as possible mines 8 nodes and then you spent 3 minutes moving somewhere else.  The fact that it currently works like the latter is the main reason that nobody likes motherlodes, among other things.

Conclusion:

...  It just seems like reduced node TTK, which is a QOL change, is being treated as something valuable we should be willing to trade stuff for, when my experience in this game is exactly the opposite- even with the insanely high TTKs that exist now, I don't feel like it's impacting my yield whatsoever.  ...

Great post. 

I just want to highlight this. I've looked at many of the buffs,skills, etc and every time something reduces or increases the TTK on nodes, my initial reaction is "Meh, so what".

There is just nothing in the current harvesting model that makes TTK actually relevant on any node below tier 6.  Even at the old speed I was fully capable of running though an ore bloodbath solo, with the base +5 mining picks, harvesting every ore node, AND having time enough to wait around for them to respawn that I had time to collect apples and craft new buff pots.

It may be more tedious and time consuming to whack at higher tier nodes, but really the final time/productivity equation does not change significantly regardless.  I can only imagine that with the new speed improvement for knocking down nodes, there will simply be more standing around, or roaming around, and not any net increase of materials acquired per hour.

There has to be a material advantage to taking a node down quickly, for it to really be worth anything to a player, such as my previous suggestion that there be a "hits" counter like pips, that adds material the less hits required to destroy a node.  So for example you start with 0 pips each 25/50/75/100 percentage, and each strike adds a pip that reduces the number of rolls on the PH table, with a minimum of 1 or for each swing that does over X damage (say 50), a pip is added as a multiplier. Do 100, and get two. or even make it higher and only count the bonus on the final hit.Then the goal becomes trying to get through in as few swings as possible to produce more materials.

You could also add a larger pip count to motherloads, so that the goal becomes taking the motherload out before you run out of pips.

Bottom line, swings and TTK isn't as important as I think ACE thinks it is.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

@PaleOne @BarriaKarl Do you guys have Blazzen on ignore or something? You can be maximally effective at a combat role and an economic role by having a vessel for each (which you can swap out in a similar way you might change classes at the temple), but you do not get to have a vessel that excels at both at the same time... Being highly proficient at both roles at the same time is never going to happen. Please stop asking for it.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

15 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Great post. 

I just want to highlight this. I've looked at many of the buffs,skills, etc and every time something reduces or increases the TTK on nodes, my initial reaction is "Meh, so what".

There is just nothing in the current harvesting model that makes TTK actually relevant on any node below tier 6.  Even at the old speed I was fully capable of running though an ore bloodbath solo, with the base +5 mining picks, harvesting every ore node, AND having time enough to wait around for them to respawn that I had time to collect apples.

It may be more tedious and time consuming to whack at higher tier nodes, but really the final time/productivity equation does not change significantly regardless.  I can only imagine that with the new speed improvement for knocking down nodes, there will simply be more standing around, or roaming around, and not any net increase of materials acquired per hour.

There has to be a material advantage to taking a node down quickly, for it to really be worth anything to a player, such as my previous suggestion that there be a "hits" counter like pips, that adds material the less hits required to destroy a node.  So for example you start with 0 pips each 25/50/75/100 percentage, and each strike adds a pip that reduces the number of rolls on the PH table, with a minimum of 1 or for each swing that does over X damage (say 50), a pip is added as a multiplier. Do 100, and get two. or even make it higher and only count the bonus on the final hit.Then the goal becomes trying to get through in as few swings as possible to produce more materials.

You could also add a larger pip count to motherloads, so that the goal becomes taking the motherload out before you run out of pips.

Yeah maybe like a "bonus timer" that ticks down to 0 after you start hitting.  I think resolving armor, rank, penetration, skill, and QOL in a way that both isn't boring & also doesn't let you own rank 9 with a basic hammer is something ACE has struggled with, and something like this would be a good solution.  Take on a high-rank node with trash and you lose out, but even in the worst case you won't be there all day.  Then have motherlodes not have higher yield based on bonus, but instead smash up into 1-3 small nodes that the yield miner can clean up.  Faster destruction = richer nodes.  Decoupling damage & yield in motherlodes is priority 1 for making them not be despised imo.

Edited by canvox

8 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I think it is very important. Before it was effectively 30 seconds per node with a single person working the node.(And a decent pick) With run times between the nodes in tyranny I could do the whole mine and have 2 minutes left. If I had a helper I would finish all the nodes and have 3-4 minutes left depending on how efficient we were on my oh so wonderful 12 minute pots. 

Remember Right now Tyranny has very very very few nodes. (A major mistake, and it shows in population) TTK in the nodes will also mean you will be in one spot for less time, forcing the window of attackers to be faster to move to catch you while mining. It narrows the hunters window for a clean attack on you. 

And less hits mean less damage to picks. If I only have to hit the node 6 times rather than 10 I got a 40% increase in my pick duration/durability. Before skills. That is nice. (They still need to quadruple tool durability until they fix the stupid crafting bugs.)

2 minutes ago, canvox said:

Yeah maybe like a "bonus timer" that ticks down to 0 after you start hitting.  I think resolving armor, rank, penetration, skill, and QOL in a way that both isn't boring & also doesn't let you own rank 9 with a basic hammer is something ACE has struggled with, and something like this would be a good solution.  Take on a high-rank node with trash and you lose out, but even in the worst case you won't be there all day.  Then have motherlodes not have higher yield based on bonus, but instead smash up into higher-quality small nodes that the yield miner can clean up.  Decoupling damage & yield in motherlodes is priority 1 for making them not be despised imo.

While I like the idea of new/smaller nodes, that feels like a significant new system, and quite a bit of dev work.

If they could just use the mother load destruction to re-spawn the surrounding lesser nodes, that might be a simpler way to do it.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

While I like the idea of new/smaller nodes, that feels like a significant new system, and quite a bit of dev work.

If they could just use the mother load destruction to re-spawn the surrounding lesser nodes, that might be a simpler way to do it.

Yeah and then destro speed determines how many, I can dig that.

1 hour ago, Xarrayne said:

@PaleOne @BarriaKarl Do you guys have Blazzen on ignore or something? You can be maximally effective at a combat role and an economic role by having a vessel for each (which you can swap out in a similar way you might change classes at the temple), but you do not get to have a vessel that excels at both at the same time... Being highly proficient at both roles at the same time is never going to happen. Please stop asking for it.

So Good harvesters are meant to be loot pinantas... Yeah that will create a viable game.

Sure their should be rewards for specialization but I’m hoping that is scales in such a way that you can be 75%combat and 25% harvester and still be “viable” in either role.

The idea of returning to a temple every time you discover a new node sounds irritating .

Sure we will all be out in teams some

of the time, but I enjoy solo expeditions too!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

On 10/17/2017 at 2:01 PM, PaleOne said:

Sure all the new disciplines and skills

look cool but..

The last update on the skill system gave VIP’s the ability to train both Combat and harvesting on the same account. I really liked that as I intend to be specced in both since harvesting involves venturing out into dangerous territory, and protecting your resources.

but if you need harvesting disciplines to be effective at harvesting and combat disciplines to be effective at Combat you have to choose in which way you want to be ineffective ...

I think it would be great if you could equip two Combat majors and had a slot for a “profession” discipline either crafting or harvesting

Will the vessel system be online in 5.3 so we can swap builds easily?

When disciplines don’t just cost an ore this could force you to either grind resources forever or be a loot piñata 

@thomasblair

What follows is an opinion.  Consume as intended.

In an MMO;  Lonewolf < Community

Want to be the Rambo of harvesting?  OK.  But realize you won't be able to be the Rambo of combat too.  Hire a Rambo to protect you on your riskier harvesting runs; join a guild that already has such circumstances accounted for.  Hard choices are good because one character shouldn't be amazing at everything because it turns a multiplayer game into a singleplayer game more than it should be.

5 hours ago, canvox said:

Yeah maybe like a "bonus timer" that ticks down to 0 after you start hitting.  I think resolving armor, rank, penetration, skill, and QOL in a way that both isn't boring & also doesn't let you own rank 9 with a basic hammer is something ACE has struggled with, and something like this would be a good solution.  Take on a high-rank node with trash and you lose out, but even in the worst case you won't be there all day.  Then have motherlodes not have higher yield based on bonus, but instead smash up into 1-3 small nodes that the yield miner can clean up.  Faster destruction = richer nodes.  Decoupling damage & yield in motherlodes is priority 1 for making them not be despised imo.

There is a bonus timer, in Beneficial harvest.  It gives you 28 sec (32+ with training) to take down the next node giving a huge buff to harvest crit chance (Beneficial "Power" skill node) and a much better roll on the plentiful table.  If your tool AND now your "Harvest Bebop" active skills are not enough for the tier of node you are attempting, the choice mattered, and you didn't get the bonus...   its worked like this for awhile.  

Some will probably wish they could have just stayed with holding F, at least you weren't really engaged and could be mentally prepped for a backstab...  

Motherlodes need to be gated by group and skill because the value of minerals and gems in the game will be significant because of the difficulty.   Active harvesting on motherlodes as a group effort and with stamina management actually is engaging play.   Making motherlodes pay off is a whole separate skill choice than the other node types and this is good.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

18 hours ago, canvox said:

It just seems like reduced node TTK, which is a QOL change, is being treated as something valuable we should be willing to trade stuff for, when my experience in this game is exactly the opposite- even with the insanely high TTKs that exist now, I don't feel like it's impacting my yield whatsoever.  So reducing TTK does not appear to provide any material benefit to me.  I'd like lower TTK, and coupling it with something I'd kill for like +1 PH or Dizzy immunity is a great, great thing to do.  But I'm not going to trade combat effectiveness for lower TTK, and I'm sure as hell not going to trade yield.  I don't think anyone else would either.  Maybe with the introduction of "combat harvesting" during sieges these skills will become more valuable, but right now they seem super iffy, so it sucks that they make up the bulk of our options.

Great post, but I do think you are overlooking something in terms of the value of lower TTK. Currently in the test environment the consequences of death and losing resources to the enemy are less significant than they will be in release. There is no real 'enemy territory' in which you would want to make as brief as possible forays into, to limit exposure to detection and risk of death. Death in the release environment, with discipline runes being much harder to come by, will be something you will want to avoid in general, apart from not wanting to lose your harvested resources.

The same will be true for limiting the time you are at risk from mobs, which I expect will be more of an issue in release, especially if the 'nodes' you are harvesting from ARE mobs and you are at risk of drawing aggro. Another benefit to lower TTK when harvesting is being able to finish skinning something before the corpse disappears, as well as harvesting any node before the Beneficial Harvest buff from the previous node times out. Lastly, we will have a time pressure element imposed by the progression of seasons, as certain nodes become more scarce and the locations they are in will at some point become more dangerous.

I do agree that it will not impact yield, but that does not mean it is of no benefit, and there are many reasons why a dedicated harvester may trade combat effectiveness for lower TTK, especially in a group context. I think Harvesting is not only more complex an activity as a result of these changes to the system, but that in evaluating these changes, how complex an activity harvesting will be in release is being revealed. :)

Edited by Anthrage

19 hours ago, Frykka said:

There is a bonus timer, in Beneficial harvest.  It gives you 28 sec (32+ with training) to take down the next node giving a huge buff to harvest crit chance (Beneficial "Power" skill node) and a much better roll on the plentiful table.  If your tool AND now your "Harvest Bebop" active skills are not enough for the tier of node you are attempting, the choice mattered, and you didn't get the bonus...   its worked like this for awhile.  

Some will probably wish they could have just stayed with holding F, at least you weren't really engaged and could be mentally prepped for a backstab...  

Motherlodes need to be gated by group and skill because the value of minerals and gems in the game will be significant because of the difficulty.   Active harvesting on motherlodes as a group effort and with stamina management actually is engaging play.   Making motherlodes pay off is a whole separate skill choice than the other node types and this is good.

Just had to circle back to this, sorry it took a so long.

That proc and buff is totally useless currently without the pots.Training it takes over a year because of how it's scattered through the entire current tree, (could be different after the 5.3 pass so benefit of the doubt and all that), so until that is addressed, it's not even close.

Without pots, and almost a year of training in, I'm lucky if it happens once on a set of nodes, and that I have time to get to and finish even one node after waiting for the stamina recharge between nodes. At one point I even tried knocking all the nodes down to 10% health, and then sweeping through them all quickly to try to get the benefits of this bonus without pots.

After 10 or so attempts, I found that if I was very very lucky I could get it to apply on 3 of the nodes, and even worse, the 20% damage requirement time had passed, and I actually got less materials trying to manage this buff. (plenty of zero or one doober final hits that triggered none of my trained advantages).

All the above is obviously altered by the new harvesting pace possible, so perhaps much of the former concerns are addressed with regards to the buff, which may even have been totally replaced with the new active harvesting pips.

Additionally however, there is a difference in behavior between an effect on the node, (countdown timer), and an effect on the player (Ben harvest buff).  The first provides a clear understanding for all players why they are less efficient (see a timer that expires on them constantly), vs. a hidden value/event you have no idea about until it actually happens to you the first time.  I think the countdown timer approach on the node would be more intuitive and obvious for the player.

Finally, pots are hiding the REAL way this currently works, I really hope they are fully done with them in 5.3 and have replaced them with permanent disciplines.  If they have not, then we are back again to testing a system that will not give a reasonable impression of how it is intended to behave.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

6 hours ago, Montikore said:

an option like "drop 20% of your inventory and escape" would be nice for solo hravesting

I don't really agree with incentivizing solo harvesting.  I think the harvesting mechanics should motivate group play.  But I really love seeing ideas from those who don't post often.  Thanks for jumping into the conversation, Montikore!

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

On 18/10/2017 at 12:50 PM, Xarrayne said:

I was prepared to train on the gathering tree. I was prepared to use some gathering gear if possible. But asking me to give up on a major is too much. You are asking me to trade cool power effects of every kind you might need just so that you can get a slight better drop for hitting a rock?

"Can you see all those cool Disciplines? They are yours to choose. Wanna be a poison master? A Juggernaut? A stealth focused assassin? A werewolf? Wanna get some healing for the team?

...No? Ahhh. I got it. You wanna be a gatherer. Forget all i said. These majors on the corner is what you are looking for. Now instead of getting all white you might, if you are lucky, get a green drop! Aint that cool? Aint that what you came here for? I know, i know. No need to thank me this is what every player dreams of..."

That is why i said i could use a gathering disc if it was a minor but a major is a no-no. Heck i could give up on all three minor slot if the gathering bonus are good enough (though i think i woulnt have enough passive slots for that) but never a major. You are asking gatherers to give up on too much... Passive training, gear (aka stats), passive slots and major slots. Might as well just kill me...

I dont wanna swap vessels either. It just isnt a thing i would do. Too troublesome and yes this a valid reason since most people dont have the patience to keep doing that every time they need it. And even though i am not really a heavy roleplayer i dont really like the feeling of swapping characters based on situation.

I wanted to be a gatherer that used a bow and a pair of daggers to stay alive in the dying world. Sniping from afar and if the situation calls for it use quick slashes and bleeds to help my bodyguards in melee. I'd rather turn in a fighter than give up on that for better drop tables. Being a mercenary is not that bad...

PS.: Yeah, Blazzen is on ignore. I hate that guy guts. JK Blazzen XOXO

19 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

I was prepared to train on the gathering tree. I was prepared to use some gathering gear if possible. But asking me to give up on a major is too much. You are asking me to trade cool power effects of every kind you might need just so that you can get a slight better drop for hitting a rock?

"Can you see all those cool Disciplines? They are yours to choose. Wanna be a poison master? A Juggernaut? A stealth focused assassin? A werewolf? Wanna get some healing for the team?

...No? Ahhh. I got it. You wanna be a gatherer. Forget all i said. These majors on the corner is what you are looking for. Now instead of getting all white you might, if you are lucky, get a green drop! Aint that cool? Aint that what you came here for? I know, i know. No need to thank me this is what every player dreams of..."

That is why i said i could use a gathering disc if it was a minor but a major is a no-no. Heck i could give up on all three minor slot if the gathering bonus are good enough (though i think i woulnt have enough passive slots for that) but never a major. You are asking gatherers to give up on too much... Passive training, gear (aka stats), passive slots and major slots. Might as well just kill me...

I dont wanna swap vessels either. It just isnt a thing i would do. Too troublesome and yes this a valid reason since most people dont have the patience to keep doing that every time they need it. And even though i am not really a heavy roleplayer i dont really like the feeling of swapping characters based on situation.

I wanted to be a gatherer that used a bow and a pair of daggers to stay alive in the dying world. Sniping from afar and if the situation calls for it use quick slashes and bleeds to help my bodyguards in melee. I'd rather turn in a fighter than give up on that for better drop tables. Being a mercenary is not that bad...

PS.: Yeah, Blazzen is on ignore. I hate that guy guts. JK Blazzen XOXO

In Darkfall I would often start on one end of the map, solo and try to work my way across it taking advantage of whatever opportunities presented themselves.

meaning— 

I might harvest if I see a full node, I might kill a harvester if I encounter one, I might pk someone at a bank, infiltrate a city or just kill a few mobs and move on.

I didn’t need to completely reconfigure my load out to do so.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

12 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

In Darkfall I would often start on one end of the map, solo and try to work my way across it taking advantage of whatever opportunities presented themselves.

meaning— 

I might harvest if I see a full node, I might kill a harvester if I encounter one, I might pk someone at a bank, infiltrate a city or just kill a few mobs and move on.

I didn’t need to completely reconfigure my load out to do so.

Was it not possible to specialize in any of those roles?

IhhQKY6.gif