Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

An Introduction to Banks - Official Discussion Thread

Spirit Banks? These were supposed to be only for testing.

Now we can expect:

• personal global banks, accessible anywhere.
  • personal local banks in strongholds
  • a mechanic to retrieve most of the inventory from the local bank if we give up on regaining the stronghold.
  • Trade chests.

ACE please consider, for the shadowlands CW band: 

• Guild global banks, accessible only at certain points on the map. Anyone can deposit in them,but only certain guild officers can withdraw. They can have a trade chest nearby.
  • Guild local banks in strongholds. Only 5 guild officers in the guild currently possessing the stronghold can withdraw.
  • Trade chests.

Edited by chancellor
added content.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I thought the future version of spirit banks would only be able to be accessed at a geographical location in the world that was not safe.  Has this goal been shifted to allow this from any location for the "final" design?

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

4 minutes ago, Destrin said:

I thought the future version of spirit banks would only be able to be accessed at a geographical location in the world that was not safe.  Has this goal been shifted to allow this from any location for the "final" design?

+1

9319cae30899ea38a7ae9cc2388a0e20_origina

To place item(s) into the Embargo Vault, players must physically transfer those items to a particular type of Point of Interest known as a Summoning Circle. The Summoning Circle acts like a giant bank, and can be found in only the most hostile areas. (Thematically, you could think of these like the giant IO towers from TRON).

We are certain that these areas will be incredibly deadly, as they make fantastic ambush spots – other players will know that this is a location players will gravitate towards, and that they will be heavily laden with items when they come. This system also ties well into the Caravan system to haul stuff to the Embargo. Items placed within an Embargo Vaults cannot be removed. You can’t use Summoning Circles to “teleport” items around the map.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

2 minutes ago, Destrin said:

I think your answer is NO.

And I think that is just fine.  If you want to burn your limited number of item export slots in trying to dodge being ganked and looted, then when the time comes to leave the world and take your winnings permanently, well you will find you have no more room to do that with.

Our worlds and how long they last are so abrupt right now, the pinch of say 10 stacks limits are hardly felt.  But from experience in trying to pull material off Bloodbath servers to build items for tyranny, it took me all of 2 hours to run out of all ability to bank any more spiritbank items.

I don't think this is a major issue that requires hard intervention, but rather a balance one that can be managed by intelligent limitations.

I really like the new systems.

2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

9319cae30899ea38a7ae9cc2388a0e20_origina

To place item(s) into the Embargo Vault, players must physically transfer those items to a particular type of Point of Interest known as a Summoning Circle. The Summoning Circle acts like a giant bank, and can be found in only the most hostile areas. (Thematically, you could think of these like the giant IO towers from TRON).

We are certain that these areas will be incredibly deadly, as they make fantastic ambush spots – other players will know that this is a location players will gravitate towards, and that they will be heavily laden with items when they come. This system also ties well into the Caravan system to haul stuff to the Embargo. Items placed within an Embargo Vaults cannot be removed. You can’t use Summoning Circles to “teleport” items around the map.

We originally intended to lock the number of import/export items to the beginning and ending of a Campaign – but now that the system is in place, we have the ability to adjust these numbers in real-time based on in-game events. 

They changed it.  It happens in development, and frankly I think it's a change for the better.

Will we start see 'extra bag inventory space' things soon?

You previously hinted at different races being able to carry different amounts - is this still planned?

How will crafting stations / shops / thrall NPC work as containers?

Will we be able to place 'trade chests' down to act as 'guild storage' e.g. controlling access to an area as guild only if faction server etc

Well I suppose this will create some incentive to hold and build up keeps and forts.

guilds will need to pick a fort and maintain it—

you cant go wandering around the map if you leave your local bank unguarded

Should make the map more interesting if the durability penalties are high enough

what about resources that don’t have a durability stat ?

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

They changed it.  It happens in development, and frankly I think it's a change for the better.

Import/export activity periods and number of use slots have no bearing on a physical location also being required surely?

2nd' Tinnis's Question:  In a Dregs Campaign (aka not a Faction Campaign with World Banks), does destroying an enemy city allow you to loot the rewards of what an enemy kept there? Was this functionality removed?

If you reclaim a city, do those players get to re-access what they had stored their before losing the keep? or are those items now lost for all time?

Just now, PaleOne said:

Well I suppose this will create some incentive to hold and build up keeps and forts.

guilds will need to pick a fort and maintain it—

you cant go wandering around the map if you leave your local bank unguarded

Should make the map more interesting if the durability penalties are high enough

From a slippery slope, perpetual comback point of view, letting you pull any amount of uncrafted raw material is a good thing. 

That lets you rebuild gear (minus experimentation which requires crafting stations), or have enough building material resources to re-capture and hold a fort without needing to also hold a POI, which also may be overrun with enemies.

3 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

indeed, full stacks of ore won't care!

Easy... as an example 20% of your stack could be the cost to get it back.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel