Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some harvesting questions

Cordite

Oh my, the more I look into harvesting the more questions I have. I know things are changing and still being developed so I realize there are probably many unknowns right now.

If any of these are known, feel free to leave a reply - thanks!

1. Are these all the harvesting tool stats? What are their definitions?

- beneficial harvest chance (amount or quality? or something else?)

- harvest critical chance (critical hit chance per swing or node?)

- harvest critical amount chance (+ amount? or does this also affect quality?)

- plethora of dust

2. What is the difference between Plentiful Harvest and Beneficial Harvest?  AND is Plentiful Harvest also a tool stat?

3. Is it necessary to party in order to harvest high rank nodes / motherloads? i.e.. can two or more players (ungrouped) accomplish the same task? If so, how does this effect %chance on bonuses, leadership, etc..?

4. Resource Qualities:

Grey = poor

White = average?

Green = above average?

Blue = rare

Purple = epic

Orange = legendary

5. Quality is important and all resource types are needed for crafting BUT where does that leave harvesters when it comes to quantity? Are quantities in recipes balanced with drop% of low quality resources?

Edited by Cordite

The tools stats ONLY affect the final destruction pop.   The tool penetration (mining, quarrying, etc) makes the tool do more damage each swing.

Plentiful Harvest -  one to five pips determines the lookup table for the tier of resource you are mining...   more pips= better table
       Every player begins with one pip, you get 2 more from deep in your chosen harvest familiarity tree, the last from the final node (1.2 years out in the old TTT  in 5.3 it may be more like 4 months out with a double dip.)
       The fifth pip comes from either a crafted Plentiful harvest potion OR from the final leadership tree harvest branch.
       A laborer discipline will allow an artificial bump to 3 pips but replaces your trained pips so will never get beyond 4.

Beneficial Harvest -  you have a chance to trigger this buff when you destroy a resource node. 
        You train 10% in the basics tree for your chosen resource type.
        You train 10% more chance, length of buff and power of buff late in your resource familiarity tree
        When triggered you get 28 secs to destroy the next node (32+ with training)
        The buff gives +30% (or more with beneficial power) chance for a critical harvest
        The buff also gives a small stamina regen and a run speed boost.

In short Beneficial Harvest gives you a better chance for a critical harvest "fountain" while the Plentiful Harvest pips give you the chance for quality you may pop.

Harvest Amount adds 1-1 doobers per point you have...   Good blue armor and weapon with harvesting stat +amount can give as much as 4 more high quality doobers...   best I have seen is 8 purple and 7 orange.

Yes motherlodes need a group...  they are less efficient for getting normal resources but are the only source of minerals and gems.   Minerals are essential in alchemy to allow necromancers to bring vessels to life.  Gems are for jewelry.   You don't go after motherlodes really until you are needing gems and vessels, they are not worth the tool wear otherwise.

The temporary potions for training completely wreck this information though...  we really, really want them gone.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Awesome Frykka, thanks! You gave me a bunch more to chew on. I need to go look at the skill trees again.

*I'm trying to digest the big picture when it comes to TTK and Yield. Advantages & Disadvantages - the what, why, when, how of solo vs. group.

Edit: Is the laborer disc only for testing or here to stay?

Edited by Cordite

29 minutes ago, Cordite said:

Awesome Frykka, thanks! You gave me a bunch more to chew on. I need to go look at the skill trees again.

*I'm trying to digest the big picture when it comes to TTK and Yield. Advantages & Disadvantages - the what, why, when, how of solo vs. group.

Edit: Is the laborer disc only for testing or here to stay?

The laborer discipline and the Harvest Plentiful potions are real features although the recipe to make either will most likely change.

Solo harvesting in current worlds is extremely hard.   There just isn't enough nodes spread about.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

4. Resources Rarity

Grey = Poor
White = Common
Green =  Uncommon
Blue = Rare
Purple = Epic
Orange = Legendary

5. Are the material quantity on recipes based on white drop?

I am not sure i get this one. They cant exactly ignore how the item will progress with quality but i think it should be mostly based on white drop rates and what stat values a full white item would have. So i think the answer is yes.

6. Gathering Discs

The last Q&A also brought some new pieces to the table that are supposed to come online with the next build. Gathering Discs are just but one part of this. You can expect the whole calculation and math involved in gathering to change. Make sure to watch it... Link thread

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

5. Are the material quantity on recipes based on white drop?

I am not sure i get this one. They cant exactly ignore how the item will progress with quality but i think it should be mostly based on white drop rates and what stat values a full white item would have. So i think the answer is yes.

I didn't word it well.

What I'm trying to ask is will there be enough demand for low-quality mats...whether it's for gear or building materials. If a harvester is left with an abundance of grey/whites not needed by crafters and/or fortifications & buildings, is it practical to run a shop and sell them off --or are they essentially junk consuming bank slots. What value will they hold? Will Guilds bank them for later stages in a campaign when resources grow scarce? *Makes me wonder if mother-lode drop rates are intentionally set to be less efficient for normal quality mats.

Since their design intent is to eliminate the traditional crafting scheme - making crap tons of low-value items until the next skill up or new recipe becomes available - bulk grey/white resources might be an issue (depending on the drop rate of higher quality mats in comparison to low quality).

Edited by Cordite

Everything will have some value. If it is worth it or not will depend on you and how much work goes into whatever it is you have. 

Right now a white weapons top damage caps out at around 110ish I think. I would rough guess a green might be 115ish. A blue as a guess would be 130ish, and a purple near 155ish.  Orange I would guess would be about 175ish. 

Now these are pretty close to all amazings rolls with master smiths/crafters with really good mats. They are also guesses. I have made a top end Purple Scimitar at 153 top end damage. It had an amazing roll on all 10 pips damage and the pre combine I think was a half split amazing/Great set of rolls. No clue if the bars themselves were all amazings, but I really doubt it. (I am not that lucky)

Guess what. 2 people with white weapons will more than likely win a fair fight against Panzer if they were equally trained and skilled as him. Because he can't heal himself. Now one of the players would die sure. but Panzer wouldn't be able to kill the second before he died. 

Yes weapons can have a huge effect on fights but most of the time 2 players of equal skill and okay geared will beat a well geared single player. 

So yes it has some value, but if you have a choice between a grey set of mats and a white pretty much all will pick the white due to perceived superiority, just like a green with worse stats will be "better" than a white. (Even when the stats are worse, many do not actually know what the stats do)

But even purples might suck compared to an amazing rolled white item. So yeah some lower stuff has good value. 

Does this look about right?

• Beneficial Harvest (buff) = buff proc chance that can increase the Harvest Critical Chance; trained in skill tree-max 30%; +tool stats/enchant
  • Plentiful Harvest = changes node loot table to access higher-quality doobers based on PH training pips & rank of node; trained in skill tree; max 4 (5 w/pots or leadership)
  • Harvest Critical Chance = crit chance for increased doobers; trained in skill tree + tool stat/enchant + BH buff
  • Harvest Critical Amount = increase the potential maximum amount of doobers when a crit happens; trained in skill tree

Tool stats only affect last hit - when node is destroyed.

Edited by Cordite

Honestly, the names for Plentiful Harvest and Beneficial Harvest seem backwards. Intuitively, "Plentiful Harvest" makes me think it's going to increase the quantity of my harvest (or, at the very least, doesn't sound like I'm going to get better quality things by any stretch of the word), whilst "Beneficial Harvest" sounds more like the harvest quality is going to "benefit."

I know it's minor, but this was honestly very confusing to me for a while now, as I have yet to get to actually download the new client and sit down and test the game's harvesting.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

On 10/27/2017 at 1:16 PM, Lephys said:

Honestly, the names for Plentiful Harvest and Beneficial Harvest seem backwards. Intuitively, "Plentiful Harvest" makes me think it's going to increase the quantity of my harvest (or, at the very least, doesn't sound like I'm going to get better quality things by any stretch of the word), whilst "Beneficial Harvest" sounds more like the harvest quality is going to "benefit."

I know it's minor, but this was honestly very confusing to me for a while now, as I have yet to get to actually download the new client and sit down and test the game's harvesting.

It's almost not worth testing right now. 

Actually scratch that, it is absolutely not worth testing right now.

The biggest reason is that with the active harvesting, and the ability to hit weak spots, has been said to reduce harvesting time by around 50% in internal testing.  Add to that the new buffs and the pip/power system, what we have now before 5.3 is a very shallow first version, compared where it is going.  The labor disk is gone, replaced by several different and lesser plentiful harvest giving disks with other advantages. 

Finally, TBlair has said he is considering pulling the test pots for 5.3, so if that happens, basically the entire landscape changes. 

About the only thing the same will be the base PH tables, and the fact that we whack nodes. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken