Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bamby

Duelist perfect for gankers?

Just was experimenting with the build, and that ability to travel underground and pretend you're a non-threatening lump of dirt on the side of the road is perfect for all those gankers out there! 

lol ... I can see it now. Merrily skipping along, then suddenly you spot 1, 2, 5, -- 12!!! innocent clumps of dirt that jump up and stab/shoot you.

Have you tried jumping around while burrowed?  It's rather hilarious, at least on your client side.  I'm not sure how others will see it.

Edited by Xeen

burrowing eats up stamina I believe so you can't just travel around underground.  but if you see someone from a distance and they don't see you, you could travel towards them and then burrow to get right next to them unnoticed.

12 hours ago, jasta85 said:

burrowing eats up stamina I believe so you can't just travel around underground

This will only be true of the racial burrow that guinecean knights/clerics get post 5.3.

Duelists can burrow indefinitely and travel in burrow. 

23 hours ago, Bamby said:

Just was experimenting with the build, and that ability to travel underground and pretend you're a non-threatening lump of dirt on the side of the road is perfect for all those gankers out there! 

lol ... I can see it now. Merrily skipping along, then suddenly you spot 1, 2, 5, -- 12!!! innocent clumps of dirt that jump up and stab/shoot you.

Duelists are very good 1v1 ganker characters. I have a number of duelist videos on my youtube channel. 

I must have missed the bit of info about duelists having perma burrow, was that put out in a Q&A?  I know it can be done now but didn't know if it was being kept with the race/class split happening.

Edited by jasta85

after they get access to switch between range and melee LMB, they are most dangerous characters ingame. before they was also strong but useless in TF. just gank from stealth.

now we get another OP range with coz:

• huge crit chance and crit damage (from class trees ans self buffs), now also from range
  • biggest burst, decent dps
  • strongest self buff ingame (required some pips)
  • stealth with free second bar (nice opener, free slots for disciplines and self buffs)
  • access to range CC (aoe included)
  • melee dot to destroy fat guyz in seconds
  • some CC from basic kit. not best but from range also
  • no need to craft bullets like rangers with arrows
  • variations

there is only 3 cons this class has:

• pips. for strong finishers you need it. can be also procs coz stupid PCM mechanic
  • animation. unable to understand what he do after you hit button (reported million times already)
  • stealth required to be out of combat and set knockdown if get hitted

at least duelist required some brain to play (instead of confessor for example) coz pips mechanics

and yes, he is best gank class for now with possibility to escape.

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

I think the best gankers will be teams of whatever the fastest moving characters are.  Getting there firstest with the mostest is always a game winner.  Being able to run away and bank your gains as a jewel runner is also a plus.  However, nothing is more OP than teamwork.  Know yourself, know your enemy, understand how to use the situation and terrain to your advantage.

maxresdefault.jpg

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zolaz said:

I think the best gankers will be teams of whatever the fastest moving characters are.  Getting there firstest with the mostest is always a game winner.  Being able to run away and bank your gains as a jewel runner is also a plus.  However, nothing is more OP than teamwork.  Know yourself, know your enemy, understand how to use the situation and terrain to your advantage.

^ this . Stealth will not save you as soon as more anti stealth is implemented like tracking.

10 minutes ago, dolmar said:

^ this . Stealth will not save you as soon as more anti stealth is implemented like tracking.

Or we will get fun things like ... The Cart Game.

Gankers come in and kill gatherers and load up a Pack Pig.  Start the Pack Pig towards home with the gankers providing support.  The gatherers rally up their troops and go to get their loot back.  They attack the Pack Pig and crew only to be attacked from behind by the stealthers.  Load up the cart(s), rinse and repeat.  

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

59 minutes ago, dolmar said:

if some1 asking about gank squad, he usually means small group who roaming around and jump on harvesters to kill fast, loot and leave until they get friends to help. pregenerated duelist ults = 100% success to escape even being attacked by big group (until good antistealth disciplines comes out, anyway those will be usually with bigger groups coz small groups never can get such amount of utilities). no1 atm can survive vs 3+ "veteran" players.

so, usually, they never try to use "holy knight" tactics 5v5 to get decent fights. they come with 2-3, they gank 1, they loot and leave.

confessors, druids and other mobility classes with speed song ofc can do ganks but on the other side, they can be catched on the way to bank their loot coz they are visible.

players who have stable 5-10+ group never understand what I am takling about. for CF groups especially, ofc there are easiest way to get balanced group and kill everything on the way with coordinated commands and tactic. but what I saw in CF atm - you can do it only using focus fire with 3+ ppl. still zerg >>> skill (I would like to say low fps >> skilled team). CF is low skill required game to be honest.

you should try to fight for about 100 times while outnumbered by x2/x3+, then you get what is is - "success ganker"

Edited by makkon

Discord makkon#8550

1 hour ago, makkon said:

if some1 asking about gank squad, he usually means small group who roaming around and jump on harvesters to kill fast, loot and leave until they get friends to help. pregenerated duelist ults = 100% success to escape even being attacked by big group (until good antistealth disciplines comes out, anyway those will be usually with bigger groups coz small groups never can get such amount of utilities). no1 atm can survive vs 3+ "veteran" players.

so, usually, they never try to use "holy knight" tactics 5v5 to get decent fights. they come with 2-3, they gank 1, they loot and leave.

confessors, druids and other mobility classes with speed song ofc can do ganks but on the other side, they can be catched on the way to bank their loot coz they are visible.

players who have stable 5-10+ group never understand what I am takling about. for CF groups especially, ofc there are easiest way to get balanced group and kill everything on the way with coordinated commands and tactic. but what I saw in CF atm - you can do it only using focus fire with 3+ ppl. still zerg >>> skill (I would like to say low fps >> skilled team). CF is low skill required game to be honest.

you should try to fight for about 100 times while outnumbered by x2/x3+, then you get what is is - "success ganker"

Tracking will elimiate the 100% ultimate also scarecrow and other disp grant abilty to  stealth chars even if the ultimate is in play. Also ult takes time to charge and recharge.

3 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Tracking will elimiate the 100% ultimate also scarecrow and other disp grant abilty to  stealth chars even if the ultimate is in play. Also ult takes time to charge and recharge.

regular guild premade - yes.

regular pug random zerg - not sure they have it

and ofc, not 1-3man groups.

full premade groups (5) and their raids (5+5+5+) for sure will have splitted roles and assault all gankers (if they catch it ofc). but still

Discord makkon#8550

36 minutes ago, makkon said:

regular guild premade - yes.

regular pug random zerg - not sure they have it

and ofc, not 1-3man groups.

full premade groups (5) and their raids (5+5+5+) for sure will have splitted roles and assault all gankers (if they catch it ofc). but still

Can argue group make up for ever but it will eventually come down to group/player/char composition and skill of course. With 1000s of ways to build a body there is no telling where it could end up at the moment.

3 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Can argue group make up for ever but it will eventually come down to group/player/char composition and skill of course. With 1000s of ways to build a body there is no telling where it could end up at the moment.

yes, but again, between 2 types of build - utility or fastest way to kill and escape, "ganker" prefer second kit. current mechanics for class building provides very limited variation to choose.

best example - druid. he can build self to wear shield and lose mobility but gain (broken atm) huge defence. with 10 ally behind he can take it. gankers never take it coz anyway you denied to escape with shield as druid. same with tracking (we dont know how this will work atm, we even dont know will it be ingame) - how many ppl lvling it (or build it whatever)

may be at soft launch duelist will be nerfed to underground =)

Discord makkon#8550

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎23 at 11:22 PM, Kith said:

They heavily implied there would be no perma stealth for anyone, including Duelists, but haven't implemented that yet.

Correct in that burrow is going to start using stam in 5.3. 

One of the elf? racials gives "perma stealth" as long as you don't move and not sure how stealth is going to work with the assassin yet.