Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraahk

Crowfall Heraldry Overview (Symbols/Patterns/etc.)

First, for topical reasons: If you have access to guild creation, but the crest creation don't show up afterwards (like shown in the picture below) - this is a bug. You'll have to contact support@crowfall.com, to get entitled manually, so you can build your individual crest.

For all of you who haven't had the pleasure yet, but want to be prepared, so they can create their guild crest as fast as possible, once they get access, here is a little overview regarding the different styles and customization options.
(Be aware that you DON'T have to make your crest immediately during guild creation. The option to create your crest will only appear in your guild menu, after your guild has been created - you only need a short name and a long name to do so.)

So, let's start.

The Crowfall Heraldry currently includes 264 basic emblems. It's a bit laborious to scroll through all of them in their tiny rows, so here is the full list in one picture.
For your convinience i also added row and column numbers, so you can easily doublecheck with your guildies which symbols they like most (So, you like the one with the blade? Great. And WHICH ONE of the 38 emblems with a blade?!!).

(click to enlarge)
rKfrnBc.jpg

If you have access to the "Guild Crest Extended Symbols" you can also use one of the currently available 15 extended emblems. There will be more later and you will be able to choose a new emblem, once they are online -  if you own this backer reward.
Next to the emblems you can choose between 30 basic and 36 extended shield patterns. Here are they:

r1026J2.jpg

All emblems can be modified in several ways. You can resize them (XL, L, M, S), mirror them and rotate them in 45° steps.
You can also choose 1 color for your emblem and 2 colors for your shield pattern. Each in either one of the 12 basic colors or one of the 26 extended colors (including 9 metalic colors), if you own the "Guild Crest Extended Colors" backer reward. Looks like this (edit: On Okt 25th the ability to move the emblem to the top left/top right/ top center and down has been added):

nkqFFl9.jpg

If i did my math right, that makes roughly about 65 billion different possible crests.

So, hurry up to get yours ... before it is taken. ;) 

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

----------------------------------
Additions:
Pictures: Crest Examples
Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

Whats the difference in maths between 'basic' and 'extended'?

Large.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

11 hours ago, Svenn said:

No trees outside of the extended heraldry? I've got Amber but I think I only got expanded colors and not expanded emblems?

The expended symbols (emblems & patterns) were part of the sapphire bundles (and part of the guild packages).

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Curiosity. Have we lowly Amber packages not been granted the ability to change our guild emblem yet?

I ask because I can see that SOME people have changed their guild emblem, and those who have done so (and this post) have all suggested that it's impossible to miss the option, but...I spent more than 5 minutes starting the whole (15 second long) process over again and again looking for it, and I've been checking the web site every day to see if anything's changed, and.....there's no option to do it and there wasn't when I created.

Just me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

3 hours ago, goose said:

Curiosity. Have we lowly Amber packages not been granted the ability to change our guild emblem yet?

I ask because I can see that SOME people have changed their guild emblem, and those who have done so (and this post) have all suggested that it's impossible to miss the option, but...I spent more than 5 minutes starting the whole (15 second long) process over again and again looking for it, and I've been checking the web site every day to see if anything's changed, and.....there's no option to do it and there wasn't when I created.

Just me?

It has been reported that some people are not able to see the guild crest option. There are also some other known display errors. If in doubt - report it to support@crowfall.com.

Just to make sure, i'll show how it should look like if everything is correct.

1. No Guild Creation Access

Guild creation and guild management can be reached directly via crowfall.com/en/guild or through crowfall.com -> community -> guild. As long as you don't have access, you will the gild search option on the site (enter * to get all guilds listed):

gKlJWxP.jpg

2. Guild  creation

As soon as you have access, you still get the above picture, but after a second the "+ Purchase pre-Launch Guild Creation" will change to "Create Guild". If you press it, you'll be able to enter a short-name, long-name and motto for your guild. The motto can be changed afterwards, the names not.

4UQkQZ7.jpg

3. Confirmation

If you click on "Create Guild" there, a confirmation window pops up.

EdglPNh.jpg

4. Guild Management & Crest Creation

After confirmation, your guild is created and https://crowfall.com/en/guild/ will show your guild managment site. One of the options there is "Guild Crest" which will allow you to create your crest. 

WQ4sDWi.jpg

I didn't test if it is currently possible to change a crest (meaning: a second time). But it is (meant to) be possible to individualize it (=get rid of the standard yellow sword thing stuff) once. I know that it is possible to "play around" after this first individualization, though. You can try out other combinations and the crest on the left side will show how it looks like. But i didn't try to save it. So ... maybe, maybe temporary, maybe not. 

However, if it looks different for you - it may be a bug. It has nothing to do with the pledge levels. Or - at least not on purpose. ;)

Good luck.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

1 hour ago, Kraahk said:

It has been reported that some people are not able to see the guild crest option. There are also some other known display errors. If in doubt - report it to support@crowfall.com.

Just to make sure, i'll show how it should look like if everything is correct.

1. No Guild Creation Access

Guild creation and guild management can be reached directly via crowfall.com/en/guild or through crowfall.com -> community -> guild. As long as you don't have access, you will the gild search option on the site (enter * to get all guilds listed):

gKlJWxP.jpg

2. Guild  creation

As soon as you have access, you still get the above picture, but after a second the "+ Purchase pre-Launch Guild Creation" will change to "Create Guild". If you press it, you'll be able to enter a short-name, long-name and motto for your guild. The motto can be changed afterwards, the names not.

4UQkQZ7.jpg

3. Confirmation

If you click on "Create Guild" there, a confirmation window pops up.

EdglPNh.jpg

4. Guild Management & Crest Creation

After confirmation, your guild is created and https://crowfall.com/en/guild/ will show your guild managment site. One of the options there is "Guild Crest" which will allow you to create your crest. 

WQ4sDWi.jpg

I didn't test if it is currently possible to change a crest (meaning: a second time). But it is (meant to) be possible to individualize it (=get rid of the standard yellow sword thing stuff) once. I know that it is possible to "play around" after this first individualization, though. You can try out other combinations and the crest on the left side will show how it looks like. But i didn't try to save it. So ... maybe, maybe temporary, maybe not. 

However, if it looks different for you - it may be a bug. It has nothing to do with the pledge levels. Or - at least not on purpose. ;)

Good luck.

Okay, cool. So I'll go ahead and confirm that my screen just doesn't have that Guild Crest tab at all, and never did, and apparently that is NOT working as intended, so if anyone else has this issue, email support.

The absence of anything sufficiently goose- or shillelagh-shaped is disappointing. How will I do justice to my comrades and countrymen?! D:

Edit: full disclosure, I am neither Irish nor a veteran of the corps of military exiles known as The Wild Geese, BUT YOU CAN'T SLOW ME DOWN WITH FACTS, ONLY BIRD-SHAPED EMBLEM PATTERNS.

Edited by goose

Nice work @Kraahk. I've just added an option to shift the center point of the emblem between top left, top center, top right, center, and bottom center; so I'm afraid you'll need to redo your math :-)

We'll get the rest of the expanded set of emblems up as soon as they come in from the artists. And, as you mentioned, people who have those enhanced emblems will get to update their crests when the full set is ready.

Also, you are indeed correct that everyone who creates a guild should have at least one crest save. The few people who posted early on about this were missing the crest save entitlement (still not sure why), but I added it those folks as I saw them post. I probably should have posted about it before so people didn't think it just fixed itself. So yeah, anyone who has still has the default crest and can't see "Guild Crest" tab (or who can't save) should definitely send an email to support and we can get this straightened out for them.

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

1 hour ago, EdZ said:

Nice work @Kraahk. I've just added an option to shift the center point of the emblem between top left, top center, top right, center, and bottom center; so I'm afraid you'll need to redo your math :-)

Thanks. :) And no reason to be afraid. Because ...

On ‎23‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 11:56 AM, Kraahk said:

The emblems mostly feel like they are positioned too low. A function to not just roate/resize but also to move them left/righ/up/down would be great.

... you just made a crow very happy. ;)

And i'd guess not just one. This opens up a whole new bunch of possibilities and a lot of much better looking crests. Thanks for that. It'll make a huge difference.

lyv28e0.jpg

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Can we change our guild symbol if we purchase the extended guild symbols after creating the guild.  Or do we need to delete the guild and remake it?