Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Strongholds: Control the Flow - Official Discussion Thread

I see arrow slits.

Do they provide cover (damage reduction or harder to hit through the slit) for defenders behind them?

When chain-pull starts working well, will it pull a defender through a slit, or just injure the archer without pulling him? If it hurts the archer, does chain-pull damage the wall?

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

How will this work in the Faction based worlds?  Can anyone in the faction change the wall panel to whatever they want?  Can faction members suddenly troll others by replacing doors to tunnels with solid walls?

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

1 minute ago, Weebles said:

How will this work in the Faction based worlds?  Can anyone in the faction change the wall panel to whatever they want?  Can faction members suddenly troll others by replacing doors to tunnels with solid walls?

Did you read the article? Says right in it :D

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

In the Faction-based worlds, we’ll pre-design when and where these panels are placed in the already-pre-defined Strongholds. In the guild-based campaigns, this will allow teams to have more control over how their Strongholds are designed, which in turn means more control over your defenses in a Siege. In the Eternal Kingdoms, a much higher degree of customization will be possible so that every player Stronghold won’t look so boxy and homogenous.

So this particular paragraph has a lot of info (unless I'm reading too deep into it and making assumptions).

1. Free building confirmed in FFA worlds. 
  2. FFA worlds, aka the dregs, will be GUILD based. We all kind of figured this would be the case but this goes a step further to confirm it. I don't think we will see the 5 man group immunity friendly fire in an actual campaign anytime soon. I think we will see guild based campaigns which are FFA and faction based campaigns. 
  3. What amount of customization will be limited in the guild based campaigns vs. the eternal kingdoms and what is the reason for the limitations? 

Care to comment/confirm @jtoddcoleman

Unless I'm misunderstanding, why not let guilds on faction based rule sets claim and manage strongholds like they would on guild rule sets? Seems like everything is in place for such a system to exist with little refactoring necessary.On the faction worlds the strongholds will still be owned by the guild's faction, but it will be "managed" by that guild. Just like how it works in GW2 and ESO and just about every other FvF game I've played. The guild makes the decisions for the stronghold, but the faction helps secure and in most cases upgrade it. 

Edited by Helix

19 minutes ago, blazzen said:

So this particular paragraph has a lot of info (unless I'm reading too deep into it and making assumptions).

1. Free building confirmed in FFA worlds. 
  2. FFA worlds, aka the dregs, will be GUILD based. We all kind of figured this would be the case but this goes a step further to confirm it. I don't think we will see the 5 man group immunity friendly fire in an actual campaign anytime soon. I think we will see guild based campaigns which are FFA and faction based campaigns. 
  3. What amount of customization will be limited in the guild based campaigns vs. the eternal kingdoms and what is the reason for the limitations? 

Care to comment/confirm @jtoddcoleman

I hope the FFA (guild based) 5 man groups remain group friendly. Unless they really tighten up the hit boxes by a lot, it just won't be possible.

Not to mention how dramatically the issue of balancing classes would be from a faction server to  ffa server with group friendly fire off.

n0MnLtK.png?2

The announcement of 5.3, nearly 3 months ago, and what was going to be included in it has really demoralized the community. I've never seen it so small, and inactive. It has been hard getting exciting about 5.2x maintenance patches, so 5.3 simply can't come soon enough.

The delays in this, however, really make me question the game coming out this year for a soft launch. I hope we can expect an update, to honor the concept of transparent development you originally pledged to give us, as to how far back this pushes the soft-launch of Crowfall. I know you never want to give exact dates, but acknowledging that Crowfall is now coming out in 2018 and NOT 2017 is a courtesy owed to all.

Trust me, you aren't tricking anyone by simply saying nothing. We know. Own it.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

27 minutes ago, Scree said:

The announcement of 5.3, nearly 3 months ago, and what was going to be included in it has really demoralized the community. I've never seen it so small, and inactive. It has been hard getting exciting about 5.2x maintenance patches, so 5.3 simply can't come soon enough.

The delays in this, however, really make me question the game coming out this year for a soft launch. I hope we can expect an update, to honor the concept of transparent development you originally pledged to give us, as to how far back this pushes the soft-launch of Crowfall. I know you never want to give exact dates, but acknowledging that Crowfall is now coming out in 2018 and NOT 2017 is a courtesy owed to all.

question if its launching this year? You should have known that once they did race/class split that was gonna delay the game/soft launch until 2018. I am assuming they don't want to give dates/even a year since the game might even slip into 2019 at this pace =(

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

27 minutes ago, Scree said:

I know you never want to give exact dates, but acknowledging that Crowfall is now coming out in 2018 and NOT 2017 is a courtesy owed to all.

I agree with you on one point:  we know.  Why state the obvious?  Without concrete forecasts to add to it, it sounds like pure apologetics.  I'd rather wait for real news than wallow in an official declaration of timeline slippage.  Imaging what what that comment thread would look like.

Short Story:  A couple of weeks ago I pulled a cake out of the oven before it was done.  It sank.  It fell apart.  It was ugly.

Moral:  I'd hate to see ACE make that mistake.

If there's one thing we know, it's that the community will come crawling out of the woodwork as soon as there is real news.  Best to exercise care and caution.  There are already enough carcasses on this trail.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

It is a great feature.

But still the options to hook the walls in different angles are not so many and also the difference in the terrain height makes serious issues building a nice looking castle and utilizing efficiently the space on the hill.

3 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

I am preparing an American’s with Disabilities Lawsuit for all keeps built with arrow slits that don’t allow hamsters to shoot pistols out of them. Windows are placed too high for the vertically challenged!

WTB stepstools.