Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

New Character Sheet, Inventory, and Equipment Windows - Official Discussion Thread

YESSSS!!  Does this (I believe so!) confirm that my good ol' buddy the Knight gets some RESOURCE powers back!?!?  YESSSS!!! Love you ACE Team!! Keep up the hard work, thanks!! 

I like the sleek, condensed look of the character sheet, nice iteration! Can't wait to hear about all the other things Team ACE has been changing / creating, and looking forward to info on bags. (As an ashamed, self identified "picker-upper of all items possible" I enjoy being able to organize the loot piñata I carry around.)

Can't wait to help break all the great new things in 5.3! Thanks Team ACE, have a great day!

= )

Edited by WapitiWendigo
Spelling / Grammar

Billy does good work, I like these mock-ups, but I have a small issue.

"Gone are the days of dragging around separate windows to be able to visualize how your gear affects your stats and mitigations."

While some people may have found this annoying, I believe it could be helpful to, say, be able to equip and unequip gear while looking at all of my armor mitigation stats; so if possible I'd like the ability to "pull out" tabs from this One Great Window.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

I absolutely love what Billy did with the stats-at-a-glance.  Critical Hit is clearly a factor of STR and DEX.  No more looking it up - you can see what factors influence your stats.

I also love having the window out of the way.  I'm hoping that along with the slick, new design, we also get more intuitive item management.  Clicking on any item in any box should either do something (equip, move, open a modal) or give me feedback about why it isn't doing something.  e.g. "You don't have the specialization to wear that!"  "There's no available bag space!" etc.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

4 minutes ago, moneda said:

Billy does good work, I like these mock-ups, but I have a small issue.

"Gone are the days of dragging around separate windows to be able to visualize how your gear affects your stats and mitigations."

While some people may have found this annoying, I believe it could be helpful to, say, be able to equip and unequip gear while looking at all of my armor mitigation stats; so if possible I'd like the ability to "pull out" tabs from this One Great Window.

Observing the results of switching out gear is important !

In a game where Combat has real consequences, and tremendous opportunities for customization — min maxing and template planning become core parts of the game.

To some degree It IS the game. Builds and theory crafting were the best part of SB.

I would spend countless hours coming up with unique combinations of race /base class /profession/disciplines/ equipment to come up with something unorthodox.

I love that the dev’s Want stats to be transparent!

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

This looks great, but it does prompt a question - the existing information interface has all of the Stats in one long scrollable window, with separate, planned but non-functional Tabs for the categories, Combat, Harvesting and Crafting, as shown below:

oldstatswindow.jpg

Previous indicators were that the terribly long and unnecessarily verbose stats list would be split up between those tabs. The new window we see in the mock-up uses Tabs to replace the different windows we have now, which is great, but unless it has nested tabs, it appears we will end up with the same combined super long stats list. The "Additionally, (but not shown) there are tabs for armor mitigation and the full stat listing." part, sounds like it is not divided into the planned Combat, Harvesting and Crafting Tabs as the old version was.

My question then is, am I reading this correctly? Or will we not have the same long list of combined Combat, Harvesting and Crafting stat data? Thanks kindly for clarification!

6 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

This looks great, but it does prompt a question - the existing information interface has all of the Stats in one long scrollable window, with separate, planned but non-functional Tabs for the categories, Combat, Harvesting and Crafting, as shown below:

oldstatswindow.jpg

Previous indicators were that the terribly long and unnecessarily verbose stats list would be split up between those tabs. The new window we see in the mock-up uses Tabs to replace the different windows we have now, which is great, but unless it has nested tabs, it appears we will end up with the same combined super long stats list. The "Additionally, (but not shown) there are tabs for armor mitigation and the full stat listing." part, sounds like it is not divided into the planned Combat, Harvesting and Crafting Tabs as the old version was.

My question then is, am I reading this correctly? Or will we not have the same long list of combined Combat, Harvesting and Crafting stat data? Thanks kindly for clarification!

If you look in the upper tight of the new sheet you see 4 filter buttons. Each of these flips the right portion of the sheet. The 4th filter is the detailed stat descriptions and values.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

9 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

If you look in the upper tight of the new sheet you see 4 filter buttons. Each of these flips the right portion of the sheet. The 4th filter is the detailed stat descriptions and values.

Thank-you. Yes, I saw that. That does not answer my question or address the issue though...

Basically, if you click the 4th tab, that shows the detailed Stat Descriptions and Values, what do I see - the same combine long list shown below, or something that is broken down into smaller chunks, as the 3 Tabs in the original design were meant to do:

oldstatswindow2.jpg

Edited by Anthrage

3 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Thank-you. Yes, I saw that. That does not answer my question or address the issue though...

The new detailed view is similar to the old detailed view with the 3 big sub buckets and then we added big sections under each of those buckets similar to how we have sorting and sub sorting in the crafting UI. This way we can show parent stats and group their children under them for those that are super interested in crunchy numbers.

Thomas Blair
Follow us on Twitter 

Just now, thomasblair said:

The new detailed view is similar to the old detailed view with the 3 big sub buckets and then we added big sections under each of those buckets similar to how we have sorting and sub sorting in the crafting UI. This way we can show parent stats and group their children under them for those that are super interested in crunchy numbers.

Ah, so the 3 big sub buckets are there - Combat, Crafting and Harvesting, only functional in the new version, and with sections. Awesome. Scrolling through that long list was a nightmare, and the new mock-up doesn't make clear that nested tabs essentially were a thing. Thank-you sir!

I see the new inventory screen now will grant us access to additional bags to increase inventory size.  How will this translate to our Inventory space on the character?  Will equipping additional bags just expand our total inventory slots on that main screen?  Or will it grant additional tabs on that screen to cycle through? 

Also, when looting a players corpse will their inventory be shown in a single screen with all the loot or will it display multiple bag tabs? Will we be able to take the entire bag from the corpse and move all inventory from that bag into our own inventory?

Edited by Weebles

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

25 minutes ago, DravoiX said:

@thomasblair is the 120 Mana a Bug in the Character sheet ?

When mocking a UI the UI team usually drops in place holders so they know numbers will fit in there, or in this case a resource bar so it works on all classes. You will notice the stamina values are off as well as the weapon damage values. By the time you see it it will reflect the race class and correct numerical values of the character you are on. (No the knight does not have mana back)

8 minutes ago, dolmar said:

Good job it looks much closer to a professional stat sheet.

@thomasblair this going to make it into 5.3?

It should show up while 5.3 is on the Test server, while not in the initial drop of 5.3 but one of the 5.3.X's. For those who have access to Test they will get to see as we iterate and polish everything up on the Test server.

Thomas Blair
Follow us on Twitter 

Thumbs up. 

Not 100% clear but does 

Since all of your high-level character management and information is now in one convenient window, this frees up your viewing screen for your Spirit Bank, containers, or spell book (power load-out screen)… or for just keeping one eye on the horizon for looters.

mean we will be able to move around without the window closing on us now?