Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

New Character Sheet, Inventory, and Equipment Windows - Official Discussion Thread

I hope the stat window has functional combat, exploration and crafting sub-tabs - as well as a *text search filter* e.g. so i can search for 'damage modifier' or whatever

so many stats...

Will that similar filter that has been teased in the crafting menu be functional soon as well as the 'have requirements' tick box?

VPNM9CX.png

Would also be nice to jump to sub components via 'links' and a cut down on some of the non blueprinting clicking and steps...

the crafting menus also have a 'flag' you can click on near there name - will there be a filter for that too e.g. ' favorite only' view etc

qqq.PNG

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I love the new intuitive way of displaying the stats, but I don't like that the character sheet and the inventory is stuck together.

Let's say I would like to trade with my group member, out in the middle of nowhere, I would like to only have my inventory window and the trade window covering some of the screen, so I have as much free space as possible to look at the surroundings while trading.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

I don't see the point of seeing my inventory when I'm looking at my stats. Nor do I see the point of looking at my stats when I want to trade with someone.

This screen is taking way too much space on the screen. Once again! Keep it practical. Please. Functionality > Design. Split the inventory from the paperdoll window.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

23 minutes ago, Caenth said:

I don't see the point of seeing my inventory when I'm looking at my stats. Nor do I see the point of looking at my stats when I want to trade with someone.

This screen is taking way too much space on the screen. Once again! Keep it practical. Please. Functionality > Design. Split the inventory from the paperdoll window.

Really?

Ok, so I have three suits of armor, and I want to see the stats changes between them.  Having my inventory open as I swap gear and watch numbers is a much more functional design than having to either have two windows open, or trying to remember what numbers were before I switched.

I don't think it takes up too much space on the screen at all.

Care to do a mockup of what you think would be better?

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

it seems a bit much, do I slide it down so I can;t read the font or do I keep it large but loose 30% of my visibility? 

are the windows segmented? is what we are seeing Inventory and PaperDoll open at same time? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Really?

Yes.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Ok, so I have three suits of armor, and I want to see the stats changes between them.

You have comparison tooltips for those. You know, those which have been present in a gazillion other games?

2 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Care to do a mockup of what you think would be better?

You want me to make a mockup to see a separate inventory screen? Really? You are a funny guy.

ZCcquVD.png

Seems like the stats window will stay the same, meaning a lot of stats together. So i would like to suggest a fourth tab (besides combat, gathering and crafting), where we could add specifics stats for easy visualization.

I would like to avoid searching for that one stat among the dozens in each category. I think most players will only pay attention to specific stats, some will look for the healing modifier while others for critical damage. Give the players the chance to add the stats they choose and let them sort then as they will. You can even show all the three categories together since the number of stats shown would probably be low.

Ex:

[ Quick view ] (yeah, needs a better name but i cant think of any right now)

---- Combat ---

Attack Power
Piercing Bonus Dmg
Stat
Stat
Stat

--- Harvesting ---

Skinning related stat
Skinning related stat
Stat
Stat
Stat

--- Crafting --- (Would be empty for me since i aint no crafter)

<Empty>

I guess my question are we seeing a

I - Inventory 

P - Equipment 

[ - Paper Doll 

or is this a single view (click) ? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

3 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

I guess my question are we seeing a

I - Inventory 

P - Equipment 

[ - Paper Doll 

or is this a single view (click) ? 

Single view. The new character sheet is what you see when you press ALT and go into mouse mode.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

6 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Single view. The new character sheet is what you see when you press ALT and go into mouse mode.

Every single time? It is even worse than I expected. Why do I need to see my inventory, stats and playerdoll when I just adjusting some powers on my bar? I'm not even joking. This is a serious question.

ZCcquVD.png

Personally it bugs me that the inventory appears by default every time you enter mouse mode [and can't manually shut it for example]

also we used to be able to hide the chat into a button - we cannot do that any more either. i drag it off window if im doing some group vs groups and dont have to invite people...

[speaking of chat - will we ever get a 'combat log' tab?]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Yeah there are times that you might want multiple windows open, but it's a valid point; does pressing K/J/M from the "action" view open both the relevant window and this stat sheet? By default it ought to just open up the relevant window, but if you want to open another window to compare stats etc. you should definitely be able to opt into that too.

32 minutes ago, Holyvigil said:

I do agree with Caenth. I like having as much of the screen as clutter free as possible and it's not too hard to just put a couple more xs into the windows and having them open together but be able to be Xed out if you wanted to.

Yeah this would also be nice, especially if you want to switch between several different UI elements... As far as trading UI perhaps that operation will also have its own window, one that just shows your inventory and the trading window? Trading is also another thing that should be the only thing to show up if it's what causes you to switch from "action" view to the "UI" view.

Also... Where's chat? :lol: 

Asides from that I've cast my +1's; the UI update is smooth AF.

Edited by Xarrayne

:^)