Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

new player need help :)

Harryyy

There is a big wipe incoming soon, so you could just test the classes and do some experimenting with the crafting system. PvP is pretty slow at the moment, so harvesting and crafting will probably be more interesting than running around searching for someone to fight

The spiritbank is universal, so you can transport stuff between all servers. Just be aware, that you have limited exports and imports in the campaigns. In the siege campaigns you can safely craft at the beachhead (the starting area). I'm not sure if there is a bloodbath server right now, but don't craft on those because they have no safe zones. 

I normally gather and craft in the siege campaign and take everything out shortly before the world closes. The local chests are secure too. 

tbh I would wait even doing anything, cause just about everything about the game will be VASTLY different (even the Archetypes will be changed with a split to races and classes) with 5.3, which the pre-order 1 and 2 guys (early and highvalue backers) got access to, so depending on how much you got, probably about 1 or 2 week until you get access as well. Even the skill trees will be redone, and thus wiped as well

Edited by Gummiel

24 minutes ago, Gummiel said:

tbh I would wait even doing anything, cause just about everything about the game will be VASTLY different (even the Archetypes will be changed with a split to races and classes) with 5.3, which the pre-order 1 and 2 guys (early and highvalue backers) got access to, so depending on how much you got, probably about 1 or 2 week until you get access as well. Even the skill trees will be redone, and thus wiped as well

This.

If you want to familiarize yourself with a few things, then just run around being random after picking up a weapon from the racks.  Harvest some slag and try to build a few things, maybe beat on some boars or Mobs at the blue towers of crystals.

But really, not to curb your enthusiasm, I would just play as much as entertains you and is fun, because many many many many things change in 5.3, AND everything will be nuked from orbit when that drops for the general population.