Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

ACE Q&A for November: 5.3 Expectations - Official Discussion Thread

So no stats on jewelcrafting , no Vessels in 5.3.0 

Until we see the all the possible stat modifiers it will be tough to truly understand impact of equipment 

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

hey @thomasblair

Will we see a shift for Logging to treat heartwood and beesWax as the 'special' item to be found in the per hit table, with equipment helping increase its stats like we see for gems (both regular and soul gems) ? 

Will we see the inclusion of some 'special' found in regular nodes on Stone? as of right now they are the back of the bus for regular node gathering.

Will we see Harvest chance Blood changed to Harvest Chance Blood/Bone?  as Skinning has Blood, Bone and Shards in their per hit table with no 'crafted' way to increase their outcome? 

Does Forage Fruit lift the stat for Pine Cones and Blood worms? 

Silver    Copper                   Harvest Chance: Foraged Fruit
    Silver    Copper                   Harvest Chance: Blood

Silver    Copper                    Harvest Chance: Gems

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

1 minute ago, srathor said:

Any chance we can get the Logging Alchemy buff potion changed from requiring heartwood to just premium wood?  All the others have premium wood. And we can't get heartwood for quite a bit of training. 

OMG yes .. this should be a quick priority ! 

LR0tCJt.png

What is the status of work on the Fae?
Will we see Fae arrive before assassin does?
Would like to see the double jump and glide in action!

Will we be able to use Expansive mind minor runes in 5.3?
And the equivalent for a +1 passive slot if that still planned?
Can humans use that +1 passive minor to get 5 passive slots or is 4 the cap?

I still feel that half-elf being literally the only race with out an active power or unique 'hook' is lacklustre.

My previous half-elf suggestions still stand:

POWER: 
an active that interacts with 'sprint' or 'movement'

HOOK: 
allow equip of 2 weapon masteries runestones ['ambidextrous'] for some unique build/theme potential

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

3 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

HOOK: 
allow equip of 2 weapon masteries runestones ['ambidextrous'] for some unique build/theme potential

Guinean needs the dual weapon mastery instead of a bonus to the chicken ticker.....

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

I’m not hearing good reviews about the state of Duelist in 5.3

I hope the next patch restores their DPS to previous levels.

is Black Mask “stealth” in game yet?

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Double jumping stealth knight/cleric for the win then

[duelist always done bad damage with basics/no training and relies heavily on combat training crit inflation and probably the old 'double dipping' they got in skill trees of both melee and range at once - but now divided between the two weapons instead]

Edited by Tinnis

2 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

Just call it "the double jump passive" :)

Any 5.3'ers tried out some double jump guin parkour yet? *cough* @blazzen?

It doesn't work.

I thought it was going to be a double dodge, kind of like how champion's leap works, but that's not the case. You can't double jump either by tapping space bar that I saw. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Man, looking back, those Q&A's in 2015 were really great. But we generally did know less back in the days, the questions were better and so the answers were more illuminating.

I wished we could just have those "old kind of Q&A's" regarding the still not known details, like those regarding mounts, caravans, taxes, hierarchy and all the other stuff that hasn't rolled out yet.

Alls of those questions have been asked in the past. And i can't believe that there are not even "ideas" yet. It just feels like there is no sharing anymore, because it just includes to many risk. And if only the risk to loose time by doing so, or to say something that will change, or to loose a nice update news. And let's be frank, the game is already a year late and not likely to be released soon. A LOT changed and is still changing. And there is nothing in the recent 5.3 that hasn't been shown in detail months ago. 

So, really, i mean it. I don't get it, why those Q&A's only include inconsequential stuff. But - maybe it's just me and for others it is very interesting. In that case, so be it. In the other case, i said it. 

Just now, blazzen said:

It doesn't work.

I thought it was going to be a double dodge, kind of like how champion's leap works, but that's not the case. You can't double jump either by tapping space bar that I saw. 

i assume it is going to be like the 'double jump' on crow form e.g. a long space jump [which you can parkour abit with if you get bugged and can roam outside the temple]

23 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

I’m not hearing good reviews about the state of Duelist in 5.3

I hope the next patch restores their DPS to previous levels.

is Black Mask “stealth” in game yet?

black mask was in the 5.3 patch notes:

• Added functionality to the Black Mask Discipline.
  • Call Darkness while active, acts as though all attacks count as from behind.
  • Shadows Linger increases critical hit chance by 50% for 3 seconds after breaking stealth.
  • Shadows Linger can no longer be equipped in any tray except a Stealth Tray.

and i think the stone had an anti healing thing on it too [e.g. i think like champion -% healing on target 25% or whatever but dont know if in yet]

Edited by Tinnis

Hopefully we aren't waiting too long for the Assassin! Frostweaver seems like a distant memory at this point. I've almost entirely forgotten about that class. 

11 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Hopefully we aren't waiting too long for the Assassin! Frostweaver seems like a distant memory at this point. I've almost entirely forgotten about that class. 

I want that weapon too...