Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rygarr

24/7 testing

The Next Test thingy says the game is live 24/7. does that mean that if i bought the package for early access I'd be able to play the game whenever from now until it gets released?

1 hour ago, Rygarr said:

The Next Test thingy says the game is live 24/7. does that mean that if i bought the package for early access I'd be able to play the game whenever from now until it gets released?

Welcome to the forums.

As for your question: Yes. But ... not the latest development version. And not the game ... but the current test environment.

If you buy an "Early Access" package (beta2 test access and higher), you will be able to download and use the "LIVE" client/servers. They provide the latest most stable version. 

The current development stage is pre-alpha 5.3 (development stage does NOT equal the test access level - for Crowfall these are two different stories!). That means that we are still in a development stage where single parts of the later game are tested and you won't be able to experience the "full game loop". Whereby alpha will mark the border to the full game experience. There are still some secondary systems that have to be published and tested, until we get there (besides other things, nearly the whole guild, trade and mount/caravan stuff).

So, there is still a lot to be done. But there is also a lot already (nearly) done. So if you would like to get a glimpse, may already have watched some videos and like the concept, it may not be wrong to get the later game for a reduced price now (which is to say: the game + some extras), while being able to learn some skills and to build up some connections meanwhile, before it gets released. 

Anyways, have fun and good luck ;)

Kraahk

Quick questions.

1.) If i buy the 70 bucks version of the game, can i play the game like right now ? It's a little bit irritating to me :-/

2.) Can i upgrade to a higher backer level if i want to afterwards ?

thx in advance

Edited by Caldrus

14 minutes ago, Caldrus said:

Quick questions.

1.) If i buy the 70 bucks version of the game, can i play the game like right now ? It's a little bit irritating to me :-/

2.) Can i upgrade to a higher backer level if i want to afterwards ?

thx in advance

1) you can play on the live client which at this time is not very active, and a LOT changed since then to the 5.3 running on the test client right now (will need alpha 2 or higher access to play on test)

2) Absolutely, in fact the access lvl does not depend on the pack itself you buy, but rather how much money you spent in their store (but you will need to buy at least one pack to get a copy of the game for when the game finally launches)

11 minutes ago, Caldrus said:

Ok, so if i buy the 100 buck version i can get on test-server too ? Cause it says "alpha 3" ?

Thanks a lot Gummiel !

No Alpha 3 is just below alpha 2, I guess I could have been more clear, sorry about that. Goes pre-alpha 1, pre-alpha 2, alpha 1, alpha 2, alpha 3, beta 1, beta 2 etc (with pre-alpha 1 being the highest), so you would need the Gold bundle at least (I'm in EU so dont know the exact $ prizes on the bundles, only the € ones)

Edited by Gummiel

I already downloaded the test-client. I can't log in 'cause of entitlement :-)

edit: i just "consumed" the Gold Level Rewards, don't know if that's a thing i had to do ^^

Edited by Caldrus

4 hours ago, Caldrus said:

Contacted the support now. Thanks for all the replies !

edit : damn, guys i have to say this support is godlike and effin fast too ! problem solved !

/agree

14 hours ago, CougarOne said:

I havn t seen a icon or button to say to start or enter the game in ages.   Do i need to uninstall  and reinstall the game.  or do i not have access .

If you haven't tested for awhile, you may need to remove the old outdated launcher and get the latest version:

https://crowfall.com/en/client/

There are 2 server environments now, LIVE and TEST. These are separate downloads. Everyone with "early access" can login to LIVE, if you are in the Alpha 2 or higher test group you can also login to TEST. If you run into any issues, email support@crowfall.com

tiPrpwh.png