Sign in to follow this  
Anhrez

Discipline Stones and Quality level

as we see our testers start exploring 'builds' I had a question that generated values I cannot place yet
What does the quality of a D Stone bring to the table? 
Example: the Scarecrow D Stone gives  +6.25 Resistance: Piercing and the Stone is 'Orange' in quality is the 6.25 the value of the stone or increased because of the Orange quality ?
@thomasblair

If so what is the base value? is the 6.25 base and we are no yet seeing the lift of the stones or is the base 5 and 6.25 is the lift of quality? 

Yea, the idea of quality levels in disciplines just doesn't make any sense. It would if powers only appeared at certain quality levels. Might be interesting to approach it that way. Not really sure at this time, but that's mostly because we haven't seen what the material requirements will look like on live.

I'm not sure why anyone would care about .75 ever. Especially if it required "legendary" mats to make it.

If in Jah's screenshot,

• Banner of Storms was granted at common
  • Rallying Banner was granted at rare
  • Bearers Insignia was granted at legendary
  • AND the stats were altered based on quality

That might convince me disciplines really need a quality level. +/- .75 isn't convincing to me.

Sadly .75 is pretty lame sure it covers Slashing, Crushing and Piercing but below is a simple white plate layer. you get 3 per armor item so that value would be adjusted with green level optional mats on a single Armor piece? is that worth spending Orange level mats (even with a bootstrap got to have purple and orange somewhere) 

unknown.png

What would a general 'Green" level Standard Bearer give us?  

I know the numbers have not be 'adjusted' but adding in attributes and their down stream impact on stats,Jewel-crafting, Vessels  and hopefully relevant values to optional materials in crafting armor there will be a daunting task in finding numbers that make sense .

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

And what of disciplines that don't have any stats - why make higher quality versions of them?

could durability be enough to make them out of higher mats? 

3 hours ago, Anhrez said:

If the thrall needed for the disc was really rare then maybe but otherwise easier to just make multiples of lower tier mats. 

On 11/9/2017 at 2:08 PM, Scree said:

Yea, the idea of quality levels in disciplines just doesn't make any sense. It would if powers only appeared at certain quality levels. Might be interesting to approach it that way. Not really sure at this time, but that's mostly because we haven't seen what the material requirements will look like on live.

Man, I hope they don't do this. Would be aggravating to hide abilities behind discipline quality, especially if we are to believe that thralls will be rare. I might be the only one here who thinks that discipline should be fairly easy to obtain, min-maxing and the deck building aspect of crowfall is perhaps it's best part. Take that away and I don't really see a whole lot to invest in.

Edited by Helix

On 9.11.2017 at 10:40 PM, Anhrez said:

do disciplines even break? i remember an ACE dev speaking about them being one of the more "permanent" elements since some of them will be pretty hard to come by as well

3 hours ago, elvo said:

do disciplines even break? i remember an ACE dev speaking about them being one of the more "permanent" elements since some of them will be pretty hard to come by as well

IIRC their durability is your body durability. How long do bodies last is anyone guess but i hope we are talking about months and not weeks.

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

IIRC their durability is your body durability. How long do bodies last is anyone guess but i hope we are talking about months and not weeks.

that would make sense, i like it