vkromas

5.3 Playtest Feedback for November 11, 2017

Please grab the latest TEST patch client for the 5.3 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.3 Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

25 minutes ago, vkromas said:

Please grab the latest TEST patch client for the 5.3 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.3 Patch Notes

This sounds a lot like a completely new client download would be necessary. My TEST client didn't even start an update recently, though.

Just saying ... because there is already a not unsubstantial confusion within the community, regarding the question "if you have this or that access level, then when do you have to download this or that client, or to re-download if you haven't done so within the last x months/weeks".

I know this can't be any priority for ACE and that this is critique on a high level - but a clean and well thought wording can help to avoid misunderstandings ... and it can help more informed people within the comunnity to help the less informed ones more accurately and beyond any doubt. Again, just a feedback and  just saying.

The patch client should be updated soon with the latest build. We can also change the wording on our play test feedback thread, too, if it is causing confusion. The only reason we mention grabbing the newest client is just in case someone is still trying to patch with our old client. We also have two patch locations now, Test and Live, which might also be news to some. Thanks for the feedback on this, next time I get a feedback thread going I'll make sure to clarify this a bit further. 

If you switch from a race with an extra skill slot to another race of the same class you retain the extra skill slot... it's a budget Expansive Mind (until you enable that minor for us :wub:)

Druid [Death Tray] #6 (Sacrifice)'s HP cost doesn't seem to have mirrored the reduced health pools :(

We don't have the minor discs for allowing the equipping of non-native armour - I seem to remember it was supposed to come with the armour changes, but I can't find where that was said so IDK

5 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Did you wipe inventories ?

is alpha 2 in Yet?

Skills and items were completely wiped with 5.3 release, so yes as of a few days ago

Yes Alpha 2 should be in now :D 

Just now, Xarrayne said:

Skills and items were completely wiped with 5.3 release, so yes as of a few days ago

Some of Alpha 2 is in. Basically the Kickstarter folks are in, but not everyone in Alpha 2 got access.

23 minutes ago, ACE_Jackal said:

Some of Alpha 2 is in. Basically the Kickstarter folks are in, but not everyone in Alpha 2 got access.

Thanks for clarifying! :ph34r:

Hitting ESC in my EK does not bring up the menu to logout or view settings, etc.    I've repeated the test with multiple accounts and multiple PCs. Edit:  It works in the CW but not in EKs

Thanks for your prompt action on bow LMB dmg - I look forward to seeing the new values.

Edited by durenthal

Bugs:

• Harvest Tray
    • Kinda funky stuff going on in the harvest tray.
    • Harvest tray says either Ranger Tray or Melee Tray when I activate it.  Will keep title of the previous tree i was in.
    • Abilities from other trays showing in the K screen loadout.
Edited by Destrin

Hi all,

We're seeing some issues with the Power Trays; specifically if you die with a harvesting tool equipped. If you experience this, please exit the client and relaunch. This should remedy the problem. 

The "ghosting powers" bug is still a thing - if you equip a Discipline and subsequently remove it the thumbnails will disappear, but the powers themselves will still remain in your "K - Powers" interface (until they are overwritten by something else).

I can loadout powers into my melee and ranged trays (knight with Arcane Archer).  I cannot load powers into my harvesting tray at all.  Also, I cannot load any retaliate power into the ranged tray granted by arcane archer  (same as last patch).

Edit: this might just be a visual bug.  Harvest tray shows the passives from my melee tray, but after dropping trailblazer passive over top of one of the icons shown, I have trailblazer active even though the trailblazer icon doesn't show.

Edited by durenthal

Feedback: The raycasts for ranged attacks are abysmal. The crosshair may as well be decorative, and worse, totally deceptive when it comes to most ranged abilities and LMBs. I don't know if this is intentional or what, but every potential Crowfall player I know would run away screaming as soon as I showed them how wide you can be with an arrow shot (for example) and still hit a target. There's nothing wrong with having the classes and roles in your game be diverse in terms of skill: It's okay for some things to be hard to hit with as long as there are still easier roles for bad players. This is partly why Overwatch is so popular. The customization in Crowfall is so in depth that there could conceivably be entire sub roles within classes that players with poor aim could spec so that they could still play the class and tailor it to their poor hand eye coordination. Instead, I shoot a bow and it casts "cone of cold" in front of me and hits the closest dude. The sum effect is legitimately the second least satisfying ranged combat I have ever experienced.

Edited by Effeh

Power Trays have issues present after a complete restart of the client.

I'm on a Guinecean Cleric.  

Selecting H for Harvesting Tray loads the Tray elements, but the title says Ranged Tray and the R icon still has a box around it.

Like duranthal, it appears I cannot load the Empowered Logging passive in the Powers menu (K), but that power is indeed showing as active on the main screen.

1 hour ago, Xarrayne said:

I know they were wiped with 5.3

but I have a full set of weapons made in a Friends account I made last night :)

I wanted to know if THIS patch wiped anything :)

I like the energetic harvest VFX. They look good.

Don't know if this was posted in the earlier feedback threads.

On the Templar, there is a graphical glitch when using energetic harvest that causes the two handed sword to be visible along with the basic runestone axe.

dZWYWTK.jpg