Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HoA/UDL/LoD/TB vs. Sugoi

soulein

It looks like 5.3 has far too many giant ground circle powers which all have very long durations.

even this relatively small group vs group became a visual mess.

[compare say the disc which now have FX/cleric heal circle FX, sizes and duration against something more 'short and sweet' like druid healing rain - which is far smaller and only lasts a few seconds]

no 'stacking' rules or 'dispel' like counters to unclutter the ground...

jdl6kdm.jpg

1Ovxvhj.jpg

Edited by Tinnis

I think there's still way too much hard CC being passed around between all of the classes. Excessive roots, stuns and knockdowns give mass combat a "start and stop" sort of feel to it which can be really frustrating. I'd rather have to deal with the possibility of massive incoming damage than lose control of my character all the time because one hard CC is chained after another.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

7 minutes ago, soulein said:

I think there's still way too much hard CC being passed around between all of the classes. Excessive roots, stuns and knockdowns give mass combat a "start and stop" sort of feel to it which can be really frustrating. I'd rather have to deal with the possibility of massive incoming damage thank lose control of my character all the time because one hard CC is chained after another.

Yea, I did not comment on all the AoE knockdowns and AoE roots as I and others have already discussed that to death it feels ;p

[as a druid i would be happy if they replaced the druid AoE root with something like an AoE leaching seed - close range - slow and cooldown manuiplation etc] bring back some physics powers e.g. give the cleric a ranged/short range AoE knockback like legio scatter horde - or a vacuum nova like effect etc

at the very least the druid/cleric/arcane archer AoE roots should either be changed to single target - or if kept AoE - make them point blank circles on the player or 5-10m frontal cones etc

Edited by Tinnis

Got a crash course in cleric as I had logged in to 5.3 for the first time right when the battle had started, ran my cervid legs off only to arrive to a sheitshow where I promptly got melted :lol: 

Good fight, until next time!

Bright and I were loaded with ores, we got them banked at the cost of not choosing our ground and having a group get caught with their pants down.  Good fight guys...   much more to come!

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Having played gw2 I can honestly say this is not nearly as bad, but it's still kinda a mess. I don't know what the solution is beyond removing ground targeted abilities or giving an option to turn them off (which would severely hinder anyone that cant see them). If anything, some of the ground based stuff isn't really that well defined on certain abilities (like fountain of life). If they reduce the duration of ground based ability durations, considering how much movement is in combat now, people will just walk out / into them unmolested with not a care in the world.

I guess an option to turn off the particle effects but keep the radius borders might not be bad.

Edited by Helix