Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time-based "skill generation" is nothing but paradoxal.

Just now, DocHollidaze said:

To be fair, it is very different from the vast majority of MMO's. Many of the newer MMO players (read as "kids") may not even be aware of one of the longest running MMO"s, EVE Online has used passive training for a decade.

Yea, the whole "this can never work argument, no one would ever play a game with real-time passive training" always gets a good chuckle out of me.

They play ONE MMORPG and all of sudden they know the history of the genre... but don't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not a helpful, productive discussion so I'm shutting it down. 

I take responsibility for this. I have been ACE's secret player consultant for years now. I thought we were just trolling each other, and then it became apparent that ACE was implementing everything I

I knew if we tried hard enough, we could craft a thread that would summon the VikingSuccubus - huzzah! We did it!

1 minute ago, Scree said:

Yea, the whole "this can never work argument, no one would ever play a game with real-time passive training" always gets a good chuckle out of me.

They play ONE MMORPG and all of sudden they know the history of the genre... but don't.

Unrelated - Scree why is Alertness on Malekai tagged as "Overpowered as custard" I LOL'd, isn't that ability broke? You stealth guys worried about it? :D

Just now, Skolven said:

Funny how I'm not entitled to my opinion on my own experience of a game I've paid 100USD$ for because I'm not working in the industry! Well god-damn me!

Totally entitled to your opinion. Not guaranteed any of us will give a poorly made socks about it. You have to pay a lot more for that. My paypal account is dontcarewhatyouthink@gmail.com

8 minutes ago, Scree said:

To be fair, it is very different from the vast majority of MMO's. Many of the newer MMO players (read as "kids") may not even be aware of one of the longest running MMO"s, EVE Online has used passive training for a decade.

And you know that Eve has also the most online player base for the sole purpose of milking peoples multi-boxing with premium characters per account?
Ah, sheeps...
But you know what? Eve still rocks it for having them online, and that is where my point is; I don't wanna play in an empty battlefield, if this is to be an online "PvP" game, as it is advertized.

Today, I ganked an AFK farmer, geez, leet skills.

Edited by Skolven
Just now, Skolven said:

And you know that Eve has also the most online player base for the sole purpose of milking peoples multi-boxing with premium characters per account?

"the most online player base"? what? That's not english. Stop foaming at the mouth and make some coherent arguments here.

EVE Online is successful. Sorry you don't like evidence to the contrary. "Milking" is what I call, allowing people to play the way they want. No one forces anyone to pay for EVE Online anymore. Its still doing well. 

Basically, this boils down to you not having read about Crowfall before you spent money on it. Coming in at the zero hour right before launch and hoping to have them get rid of passive training is the silliest thing I've heard this month. If you didn't know about the passive skill system, then you clearly didn't bother to read _anything_ about the game before you purchased it.

Ask for a refund, or adapt. Those are your choices. The skill system isn't going away when launch is less than 6 months away (potentially).

2 minutes ago, Skolven said:

I know that a pure sandbox environment sounds scary, but I'm sure somebody here would be happy to hold you.

People who multibox at sites are a great target for boosting your zkillboard numbers.

4 minutes ago, Scree said:

"the most online player base"? what? That's not english. Stop foaming at the mouth and make some coherent arguments here.

Man, wait, if you need me to explain that a player can be online OR offline...
"Base" being a mass of people.
We can take it slow.

Edited by Skolven
3 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

I know that a pure sandbox environment sounds scary, but I'm sure somebody here would be happy to hold you.

Look mate, I came back from Albion, the sandbox's dead. I'm still alive, thanks.
Tell me more about those great MMO sandbox pls.

Edited by Skolven
1 minute ago, Skolven said:

Look mate, I came back from Albion, the sandbox's dead. I'm still alive, thanks.
Tell me more about those great MMO sandbox pls.

Albion, the supposed sandbox that was inspired and guided by EVE Online, yet did as much as possible to nullify the important aspects of EVE that make it an interesting sandbox. I'd tell you more, but this feels like flinging poorly made socks at a window. Nothing sticks, and it still smells like a dumbass.

3 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

People that make the excuse of a player having "no life" when they get dominated by them are bad at games.  And yes passive skill progression is bad for the game the way they are doing it, and it will show in the results.

I knew if we tried hard enough, we could craft a thread that would summon the VikingSuccubus - huzzah! We did it!

Edited by DocHollidaze
typo

Guys' you're not going to get anywhere with him.  There is an ideology at play here that is not going to be changed.

We have seen his argument, attempted a dialog, and found that is not the purpose of this new player's post.  He want's a change that won't happen, or to rant, or who knows what else, but one thing is clear, there is going to be no concession or compromise on opinion. 

Just let this thread die the death it deserves.

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

Guys' you're not going to get anywhere with him.  There is an ideology at play here that is not going to be changed.

We have seen his argument, attempted a dialog, and found that is not the purpose of this new player's post.  He want's a change that won't happen, or to rant, or who knows what else, but one thing is clear, there is going to be no concession or compromise on opinion. 

Just let this thread die the death it deserves.

Not trying to get anywhere with him. It's not even an argument. At this point I'm just enjoying reading each new inane post he makes. My meeting is still another 30 minutes :(

• Pann locked this topic