Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wom's Ramblings(Wise Ole Man To You Newbies)

surBear

To date:

Multiple archetypes, skills and runes, lots of ways to build your toon..  Ok, SB.  Real Good.

We will have a GvG world.  Build cities, tear down others cities, control mines.  Ok, SB.  Good so far.

We will have a FF world, last man standing???  Ok, solo SB.  Still good.

There will be a FvF world.  Not enough details to know whether it will be strategy or just massive brawl.  Reserve judgement.

There will be EK.  Again, not enough hints to know what it will be like, but they did say pvp can be turned on and off.  So can we make a mutual treaty to attack each others cities there?  Or just attack people.

Timer on the worlds is something new.  But nothing we cant take in stride.  What is the difference losing a city in a bane or losing it to reset?  At least we can keep our resources (some) and our skill levels.

The only thing I see even slightly concerning is the size of the guilds these Wizzy and Pirate guys are making.  Will the Wizzerg replace the CN zerg?  Are bitter SB enemies going to have to consolidate to compete?

Skill over numbers you say.  Only to a certain extent, I say.  My curiosity over floweth.

My concern with the current information we have is that I have not gotten enough regarding the type of sieges and city building. I have seen speculation that we get to claim some kinda tower or something and then fight over that like in GW2. (I think that was the comparison used.) I have a hard time believing that Mr.Coleman would leave out one of the best components of SB in being able to build and tear down cities.

Can't wait to find out more about that side of things. Otherwise, I'm happy with everything we've seen thus far. I actually like the idea of campaigns! Having played on test we got random wipes and it wasn't bothersome losing everything. It was invigorating to start over and try to get the best spots for your cities and such all over again. I'm hoping there isn't a specific timer, though. :)

My concern with the current information we have is that I have not gotten enough regarding the type of sieges and city building. I have seen speculation that we get to claim some kinda tower or something and then fight over that like in GW2. (I think that was the comparison used.) I have a hard time believing that Mr.Coleman would leave out one of the best components of SB in being able to build and tear down cities.

Can't wait to find out more about that side of things. Otherwise, I'm happy with everything we've seen thus far. I actually like the idea of campaigns! Having played on test we got random wipes and it wasn't bothersome losing everything. It was invigorating to start over and try to get the best spots for your cities and such all over again. I'm hoping there isn't a specific timer, though. :)

I'm getting the same vibe that we'll be contesting pre-built structures like towers, camps and citadels in GW2's WvWvW zone.  While this was fun at first I got bored pretty quickly since attacking the same designed castles and structures was done down to a science and always attacked from the same 1 or 2 sides. 

Pre-built structures just don't have that magic when it comes to investment either.  Here's hoping that the next big announcement tells us a little more.

Well, poorly made socks, you live Austin.  Go on a recon mission and report back, soldier.

Well, ****, you live Austin. Go on a recon mission and report back, soldier.

I'm attempting to get on their good side so I can do such things.... but they won't answer my cookie question. :-(

Quote:

The Campaign map is hidden by fog of war.  You are dropped (often naked) into an unknown, deadly environment.  This world is filled with the ruins of ancient castles, abandoned mines and haunted villages – which you have to explore to scavenge for weapons, tools and the resources to start building fortifications.

Phase 2 is Summer.  The Hunger starts to infect the creatures.  Resources become scarce.  Your team claims an abandoned quarry and must fight to keep it.  You use the stone to build an ancient keep, to use it as staging areas to attack their neighbors.

We will be building.

Quote:

The Campaign map is hidden by fog of war.  You are dropped (often naked) into an unknown, deadly environment.  This world is filled with the ruins of ancient castles, abandoned mines and haunted villages – which you have to explore to scavenge for weapons, tools and the resources to start building fortifications.

Phase 2 is Summer.  The Hunger starts to infect the creatures.  Resources become scarce.  Your team claims an abandoned quarry and must fight to keep it.  You use the stone to build an ancient keep, to use it as staging areas to attack their neighbors.

We will be building.

Yeah but do we build freely or does it work a bit like DF with pre-existing city layouts just waiting to be built up? It would be nice with some more freedom.

Also what do you Texans have against basements?

Edited by Zushakon

Officer of The BlackHand Order

Quote:

We will be building.

But will it just be fixing the abandoned stuff or building our own?

Impossible no dev in Austin needs Mal in their basement.

Yeah but do we build freely or does it work a bit like DF with pre-existing city layouts just waiting to be built up? It would be nice with some more freedom.

Also what do you Texans have against basements?

We don't have basements here, first of all. Secondly, what do you have against me being in someone's basement?

Also, I think the lack of basements is because of the clay. Digging into the ground, at least in Austin, is a pain the butt. No dirt, just clay.

Well, I guess being kidnapped isn't so bad then.

We don't have basements in the desert here either. Idk if it's because of the sand (we can build houses on top of the desert, so why not under it?) or the earthquake potential. Some cities let you have basements but only if you claim them as bomb shelters and not a dwelling area.

Well, I guess being kidnapped isn't so bad then.

We don't have basements in the desert here either. Idk if it's because of the sand (we can build houses on top of the desert, so why not under it?) or the earthquake potential. Some cities let you have basements but only if you claim them as bomb shelters and not a dwelling area.

We don't typically have earthquakes, although Dallas has been having quite a few lately. I'd blame Login, but he doesn't play on the forums so that's no fun.

Also, I didn't realize you meant me being kidnapped. Lol

Apparently not! I've never had one, so I figured you meant me hiding in order to get top sekrit infoz.

As a proud owner of a basement I can tell you it's good for all those things; kidnappings, hiding and top sekrit infoz.. in no specific order.

Officer of The BlackHand Order