Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting Skill Tree needs a real adjustment

Anhrez

I cannot understand why Leatherworking and Jewelcrafting are gated behind speed for basic Crafting.... this game does not create the need for MacGyver moments. Where does the speed come even close to gaining the value seen in points/pips?  

to get to Runecrafting, Necromancy and Alchemy we spend our time in skills that have ongoing value more Points/Pips and higher stats in experimentation  ... but Speed? where is my value per hours spent training ?  

TuSrjcu.png

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

tbh the whole basic tree are kinda rubbish and no realy contribute much ingame later on.

Its only crafting bonuses for basic crafting which from my understanding is basic armor, basic tool and basic weapons and doesnt affect anything else in the blacksmithing tree and what not such as ingots for example.

Exploration harvesting thing is the same its gated behind fast mining of Slag and cobble stone which wont have much use once you get basic harvesting tool, weapon and armor.

Note = speed probaly the best thing to have tbh for basic crafting, For experimentation its rather pointless since u can only experiment with durability and you should be replacing it by the time it breaks anyway.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

The potions you drink for crafting are raising your basics stats. So they pretty much cap them. Then it looks like the basics training is doing nothing because they are already capped.

This is my 5.2.10 crafting basics tree. For my Blacksmithing account.

unknown.png

Edited by srathor

17 hours ago, Brightdance said:

Let me give you my best Blair response. "Crafting speed will be much more useful once factories are in place and making 50 hilts takes you 16 hrs instead of 32"

But you got to imagine his voice and a card being held up.

Being much more useful and still somewhat irrelevant isn't much of an argument.  I am still on the fence about how it is tiered as for me there is a greater overall value for BS, LW and WW than for RC, Necro and Alch.  This being said with an understanding that when all is said and done it could very easily even out reinforcing Anhrez's initial statement.

2 hours ago, Mr.Kurtz said:

Being much more useful and still somewhat irrelevant isn't much of an argument.  I am still on the fence about how it is tiered as for me there is a greater overall value for BS, LW and WW than for RC, Necro and Alch.  This being said with an understanding that when all is said and done it could very easily even out reinforcing Anhrez's initial statement.

Actually, I don't  think it's irrelevant at all... in the least bit.

As a guild crafter, I will definitely be looking forward to this part of the game. Sure early on it is just an annoyance for some but the ability for a crafter to quickly put out lots of weapons and armor will greatly affect the outcome of a CW.  It excites me to think that a good crafter can have this effect. In a 3-month campaign if I can have my guild equipped properly in 2 weeks vs your guild who may have to wait 4 weeks.... the game might already be over by then. 

Depending on how much it affects the overall time, you may want to take speed over others *gasp. Think about it. Amazing successes is just RNG, if you have the mats to roll and roll until you get an amazing then all you need is time. I'd much rather have my guild equipt with 100 dmg weapons 1 week before your guild with 120 dmg weapons.

These are all extremes obviously, we'll see how it goes but I think there is real value in speed. Maybe not right now but in CW it will definitely play a part. (when I say *your guild I just mean "other")

BD

Ugh.. This isnt the only place where this happens. There are other places where you are forced to train skills that you wouldnt otherwise just to have acess to the one you want.

I still think they could try a circular skill tree where we can avoid this. If they really want to gate the other more advanced skill trees (like jewelcrafting and leatherworking) they can use a percentage of the basic tree ("you need to train x% to unlock this").

This way at least we have freedom of choice. Who says a necro cant prefer to get speed instead of pips? Why should we waste our time when we already know what we want?

On 11/14/2017 at 3:57 PM, Anhrez said:

I cannot understand why Leatherworking and Jewelcrafting are gated behind speed for basic Crafting.... this game does not create the need for MacGyver moments. Where does the speed come even close to gaining the value seen in points/pips?  

to get to Runecrafting, Necromancy and Alchemy we spend our time in skills that have ongoing value more Points/Pips and higher stats in experimentation  ... but Speed? where is my value per hours spent training ?  

TuSrjcu.png

I was thinking this tree should rather put one basic exp node, one exp pts node, and one speed node in each branch leading to a specific craft unlock.   Use a basic recipes branch to set the unlock to factories.  That way, if you are unlocking a specific craft you aren't getting more than the initial basic recipes (basic harvesting tools) from the first node and have to specialize in basics to make basic weapons and armor, discs and survival fires ....   which should be given experimentation pips next pass.   A basic weapon should max in the 70-80 damage range with good exp rolls.  You do get the pass-through benefit of basic skills to your specialty craft in equal amounts for every craft instead of the unbalanced situation the current tree design sets.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

On 11/28/2017 at 3:24 AM, Mr.Kurtz said:

That is untrue as once vessels are useable the alchemist-necro crafts become a huge deal...   runecraft is huge with discs...   remember that recipes will lock most out of getting these things easily.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

18 hours ago, Mr.Kurtz said:

Ugh.. This isnt the only place where this happens. There are other places where you are forced to train skills that you wouldnt otherwise just to have acess to the one you want.

I still think they could try a circular skill tree where we can avoid this. If they really want to gate the other more advanced skill trees (like jewelcrafting and leatherworking) they can use a percentage of the basic tree ("you need to train x% to unlock this").

This way at least we have freedom of choice. Who says a necro cant prefer to get speed instead of pips? Why should we waste our time when we already know what we want?

Except basic craft skills act (have acted) as a parent skill that adds some to each specialty craft skill (child stat 5% of parent or something like that), they all have a use and are T1.  As the branching now stands BS, WW, Stone get a small boost to success only when doing those crafts, LW and Jewel get a little speed, Necro and Alch a little pips, etc...  would be better as I said if the 3 basic skill nodes leading to the specialty unlocks were one of each rather than a run up of one type...  that would be a fine fix.   Definitely DON'T gate behind 50%...  that would be awful.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

19 hours ago, Frykka said:

That is untrue as once vessels are useable the alchemist-necro crafts become a huge deal...   runecraft is huge with discs...   remember that recipes will lock most out of getting these things easily.

lol @ untrue..  I said "for me".  I also stated that "when all is said and done it could even out".  Thanks, sometimes I get confused and believe I can view things differently from others:blink:

17 hours ago, Frykka said:

Except basic craft skills act (have acted) as a parent skill that adds some to each specialty craft skill (child stat 5% of parent or something like that), they all have a use and are T1.  As the branching now stands BS, WW, Stone get a small boost to success only when doing those crafts, LW and Jewel get a little speed, Necro and Alch a little pips, etc...  would be better as I said if the 3 basic skill nodes leading to the specialty unlocks were one of each rather than a run up of one type...  that would be a fine fix.   Definitely DON'T gate behind 50%...  that would be awful.

Well, each craft is hidden behind 3 skills right now so the percentage to unlock them on my idea would be the equivalent of those three. Instead of being forced to train in the three speed skills to unlock LW you could pick any others like 1 speed, 1 sucess and 1 pips.

As for the other point, is that how it works? Is it impossible to get speed and say BS? That sounds wrong. Freedom, we need freedom of choice.

Edited by BarriaKarl

4 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Well, each craft is hidden behind 3 skills right now so the percentage to unlock them on my idea would be the equivalent of those three. Instead of being forced to train in the three speed skills to unlock LW you could pick any others like 1 speed, 1 sucess and 1 pips.

As for the other point, is that how it works? Is it impossible to get speed and say BS? That sounds wrong. Freedom, we need freedom of choice.

You get so much more of all crafting stats through the familiarity tree... that is where your choices lie.  The 5% trickle through is not really much for the main crafts, it means much more for the basic crafts which because we have the weapons racks, means little right now.   It really is just a week-long gate but yes, it could mean more.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai