Scree

New Website Design - Issues & Feedback

I revised what I could in the OP. I know the Travian crew is working as quickly as they can to address the issues. Revising the website was a massive undertaking, lots of folks working hard on it for months, and there are still wrinkles to iron out. Travian is addressing the most important things first, and less integral (i.e. cosmetic) changes will be considered/implemented over time. 

You guys rock! Appreciate you all so much. 

content observation:

home/what is crowfall focus.

[some content / key phrases now missing. i preferred old layouts and navigation. more out of the way and less fluid to view]

e.g. you've dropped mention of:

'throne war'
'eternal heroes, dying worlds'
'the hunger' / 'winter'
'thralls'
'points of interest e.g. mines quarries'
'disciplines name examples'
'advantages and disadvantages and examples'

OLD: https://web.archive.org/web/20171108212129/https://www.crowfall.com/#one

the news issue

Accidentally disabling *years* of news articles is painful

A limited selection of the 'older' articles can now load via the 'news' section - which only goes back about 1 year - not via say google or another site or a link from the old news threads] but far from all.

There is currently no way to manually change an old news article url to make it viewable.

Google cache can work...for a time...

p.s. also only now just compared the 'home page' when logged in vs logged out...

its er pretty random when logged in...

clicking creation / destruction change the random assortment of news? the videos/articles don't exactly show the latest ones or anything predicable. [july/june?]

the videos all have the same 'dates' clicking on the 'trying the new combat system' video launches the 'game overview' video instead...

home page links to media/streams that is not visible when logged out or part of the top level navigation at all

Edited by Tinnis

From Travian, I would like to say thank you to everybody showing their support with these bug reports and suggestions for the new Crowfall website. We really appreciate the constructive feedback!

Several departments here in Munich and external partners contributed to the website, and we've all been working hard to bring it to you. As Pann mentioned, we're working as quickly as possible to address the issues you've reported. Bugs need to take priority, so we'll consider design suggestions later.

Thank you again!

It feels like the "Meet the *****" Race/Class Articles should get links through the Website Race/Class pages. For instance, when I go to Stoneborn, I'd like a link to their Racial Runestone and powers; same with Cleric, etc.

I also think the Pips for the five attributes on the top of Race pages are outdated, no?

the fact that the

'more about: alpha'

button still links to 'murder-of-crows-gordon-walton-part-3' is at this point an embarrassment

650Fprp.png

and the mess that is the loss of news articles...

Edited by Tinnis

@Scree / @EdZ / @Scree

its getting pretty embarrassing at this point the number of issues still outstanding that have yet to be fixed

p.s. still cannot see even simple recent news articles either

for example

An Introduction to Banks - Official Discussion Thread - October 19

> literally no way to read this anymore whatsoever either via the site (doesn't even turn up in news section manually or search) - the link is broken via the forum / now vanished from google / even via an old direct url - all fail - it isn't even on the internet archive - i checked!

'more about' alpha button still goes to gordon walton part 3!!!!!!!

BDeq1bn.jpg

this is rookie stuff people - that was reported immediately and should of either been checked and fixed before moving to live - or immediately after being reported

Edited by Tinnis

@Tinnis, just FYI, I'm working on game stuff these days, but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. I've made sure the project lead for the site revamp is aware of this. 

Screenshot_20171206-121622.png

Mobile page from the latest news post is quite hard to read due to the colour of text and the background.

I'm unable to make payments to my layaway. I click on "here" and it brings me to 3 radial buttons but I can't see any text or anything to verify amount or payment method. Also, the store is showing stacked icons for me and not letting me see any other additional information.

So https://crowfall.com/en/combinations/ is leading to 404 page (Main Page menu: Game-> Crows-> Combinations). I have no memories of that page but I assume it lists the race-class combos.

All other links in the menu are working fine. Yes, I checked them all.

Also @Pann is this the right place to post this? It is kinda old and the website design can't even be considered new at this point. Anyway, might want to either stick this thread or make a new one where people can easily report small errors like this. Making a thread just to report this kind of stuff is too much and might even turn people off.

Feedback: Would it be okay to add the top menu (present in the crowfall main page) to the 404 page? Having to click a back button to do anything after getting the 404 page bothered me quite a bit. I mean, being able to just try accessing another link directly seems more fluid.

Might be a web design rule, so your call.

Edited by BarriaKarl

@BarriaKarl, it's fine that you posted in this older thread, but making a new thread to report issues is just as good. It's up to the reporter. 

Thanks for pointing out the bit about the "combinations" page. I am not sure what the original intention for that was; I'm guessing the race/class chart (which was incomplete at the time the website was redone). I'll run that by Melissa and TG to see if they want to add that chart or simply do away with that section. I'm afraid I'm not quite following you about the top menu issue. Can you rephrase or show me some screenshots? 

9 minutes ago, Pann said:

@BarriaKarl, it's fine that you posted in this older thread, but making a new thread to report issues is just as good. It's up to the reporter. 

Thanks for pointing out the bit about the "combinations" page. I am not sure what the original intention for that was; I'm guessing the race/class chart (which was incomplete at the time the website was redone). I'll run that by Melissa and TG to see if they want to add that chart or simply do away with that section. I'm afraid I'm not quite following you about the top menu issue. Can you rephrase or show me some screenshots? 

Oh, well the 404 page is a dead end and users can only click a button to return to crowfall main page and THEN go to another page.

I remember seeing some sites that leave the main menu there and shows the 404 message below it. So if users hit the 404 page they can still move somewhere directly from there.

Adding the Top Menu like the image below:

404Page.png

It is probable the Web developers have a reason to make the 404 page a dead end. But, if possible, I think it would be a improvement to allow users to just acess the menu directly and skip the redirect to crowfall main page.