Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Barab

Stoneborn Rangers

If a giant cow can be a ranger let's throw us Stoneborn a bone. A range scout with limited stealth would complete our racial Stoneborn guild's handicap vs range and more importantly stealth. 

The oldest race made of raw earth and living tree, with skin of living stone and beards of twisted vines and earthen roots has more in tuned with the earth and forest than any other current race able to play as a ranger.

Edited by Barab

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

I don't have anything against the suggestion ... but have you actually read the lore of the ranger:

"[...]A few of them, we save. Most we put to the sword, or feed to the fire. If that’s the only way to save them from the Hunger, we burn them and shed not one tear of regret. To be blunt, most men haven’t the stones for it.  [...]"

In comparison:

15 hours ago, Barab said:

The oldest race made of raw earth and living tree, with skin of living stone and beards of twisted vines and earthen roots has more in tuned with the earth and forest than any other current race able to play as a ranger.

As far as I see they have nothing to do with protecting mother nature or have a link with it... they rather are the people who do have to do the dirty work, those who clean up after a world dies... :D

Edited by Drakonil

@Drakonil, that's just one background story. You will be able to write the backgrounds for your own avatars as well.

Certainly Stoneborn are part of nature. The lore is no hindrance to Stoneborn Rangers after launch. And they'll need the ranged scout niche in a dwarves-only vs. elves-only lore campaign world.

Edited by chancellor
clarity

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

3 hours ago, Drakonil said:

I don't have anything against the suggestion ... but have you actually read the lore of the ranger:

"[...]A few of them, we save. Most we put to the sword, or feed to the fire. If that’s the only way to save them from the Hunger, we burn them and shed not one tear of regret. To be blunt, most men haven’t the stones for it.  [...]"

In comparison:

As far as I see they have nothing to do with protecting mother nature or have a link with it... they rather are the people who do have to do the dirty work, those who clean up after a world dies... :D

I can gaurentee the Stoneborn have the stones "for it".

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

1 hour ago, chancellor said:

@Drakonil, that's just one background story. You will be able to write the backgrounds for your own avatars as well.

Are we talking here about a RP server, because if yeah you can write your backgroundstory... mean yeah I am not going through the trouble and trying to stop you from writing a story for your character...

But if we are talking about the backstory of the game, which the developers provide and is supposed to give us a base idea of the World (<- you know for the lazy people :D) we are playing in, then the sources are speaking against a ranger,...

36 minutes ago, Barab said:

I can gaurentee the Stoneborn have the stones "for it".

touché :D