Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Q&A Live for November - Official Discussion Thread

They had mentioned being able to submit logos to the art team for custom guild crests, did I hear that right? (was on my phone). If yes, how do we go about starting that process?

Edited by MetalGERE

Very informative, great questions and answers. Especially the one about entitlements. Thanks for listening to us and taking the time. :)

9 minutes ago, MetalGERE said:

They had mentioned being able to submit logos to the art team for custom guild crests, did I hear that right? (was on my phone). If yes, how do we go about starting that process?

The custom guild crest is currently not in the shop (at least for EU customers; US, i don't know). It was a kickstarter reward for high pledges and also available for some time in the shop. but it's very expensive (700-800$). You could try to check if one of the trusted traders offers it or contact and ask support@cowfall.com directly if your are really interested in it.

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild
Join - Discord Channel 

Just now, Kraahk said:

Very informative, great questions and answers. Especially the one about entitlements. Thanks for listening to us and taking the time. :)

The custom guild crest is currently not in the shop (at least for EU customers; US, i don't know). It was a kickstarter reward for high pledges and also available for some time in the shop. but it's very expensive (700-800$). You could try to check if one of the trusted traders offers it or contact and ask support@cowfall.com directly if your are really interested in it.

Ah! That would make more sense. Thank you kindly for the response man! I'll keep an eye out for it then.

Edited by MetalGERE

I am saddened by the dodging of legit questions.

Re: the game loop question:

Right now you have the ability to give us a decent map, legit win conditions, and a fixed time limit.   That's all we're asking for.   We just want a reason to fight and a valid way of tracking who's winning / has won.

@ACE_Jackal

About the no-EK-stuff-on-TEST server you've been asked to investigate. This is not a bug. We've been told before 5.3 that with 5.3 we won't be able to use our rewards on the test servers anymore because you want us to do this on the live server. And thats what indeed happend. So the question, if we can have at least some EK things on the test server to, well, test them, is still valid. 

There was some confusion about the answer to the question "Will we be able to create guilds for free/in game resources - or ONLY from the store forever?" ... while this question itself probably based on the former comment "just to have guild is a little bit expensive too". The answer was "The guild thing is a service. so maybe it wont be ingame. Thats the one thing you may not be able do it ingame." 

Has there be a misunderstanding about the definition of "the guild thing", and for you it meant something like the enhanced crest symbols? Because, for some people it sounded like just creating or having (maintaining) a guild would cost real money and could not be done "for free" or at least "by using ingame resources". I think a clarification may help to avoid unnecessary trouble. 

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild
Join - Discord Channel 

15 minutes ago, Uta said:

anybody can make a little summury of the essential during the live ? i wasn't present during the live :s

You can watch the entire segment here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203171567

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

I had a question about the Guild system that Blair and Gordon answered.  The question can be found here: https://clips.twitch.tv/GiantSmoothLocustPlanking).

With the answer that was given it sounds like all guild functions (Creation, crests, etc) will be locked behind the Crowfall store.  Does this mean there will be an actual dollar amount associated with creating a guild even when the game goes live?  Or is this something that will only be done pre-launch to reserve names and guilds will be able to be created in game for a set cost? 

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Much faith restored. I have a man crush on Gordon and his answers about delivering a game that was finished were very reassuring.

Blaire, stop filtering Gordon. Everything he says is correct, they are dumb and that effer needs to get back to work. I know Gordon wasn't the one who put this stupid filter in this forum.

This transparency and dedication to this project is why I follow this game. I have never interacted with a game forum pre or post launch to this extent. Take as long as you want, just produce a game that is fun and that you are happy with. I may often be critical and that is because I care about this project, it is how I show it.

Only negative - You dodged the Friendly Fire question. Friendly Fire is essential to curb Zergs. Please give it to us in Dregs.

48 minutes ago, ClockworkOrange said:

Only negative - You dodged the Friendly Fire question. Friendly Fire is essential to curb Zergs. Please give it to us in Dregs.

Friendly Fire will never exist within a group. The game is being designed around a 5 man group model and powers are being created and scaled based upon that unit. The question is whether or not in a Guild vs. Guild scenario, guild tags will function like faction tags do currently (allowing cross-healing and the ignoring of friendly fire). That's a legitimate issue to address. Friendly fire, as I would define it, already exists. Try doing a 10 v 10 scrim in a EK and you'll see what a Dregs conflict will look like where Guild Tags do not provide cross healing and immunity from friendly fire. The answer to your question, of course, is that "it will depend" and like all other CW world knobs, can be adjusted accordingly based upon feedback, data and their impressions on what is advisable at the time.

1 hour ago, Gradishar said:

Friendly Fire will never exist within a group. The game is being designed around a 5 man group model and powers are being created and scaled based upon that unit. The question is whether or not in a Guild vs. Guild scenario, guild tags will function like faction tags do currently (allowing cross-healing and the ignoring of friendly fire). That's a legitimate issue to address. Friendly fire, as I would define it, already exists. Try doing a 10 v 10 scrim in a EK and you'll see what a Dregs conflict will look like where Guild Tags do not provide cross healing and immunity from friendly fire. The answer to your question, of course, is that "it will depend" and like all other CW world knobs, can be adjusted accordingly based upon feedback, data and their impressions on what is advisable at the time.

This is a bad idea and a lot of it seems to have been brought on by the complaints of a couple guilds early on in development.

The game needs full friendly fire and there is definitely time to add it, at least for the most hardcore setting.  They can always have scaling immunities for other settings.  

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

1 hour ago, Gradishar said:

Disagree. You and your guild probably don't want full friendly fire. I would also define your guild as a zerg that needs to be curbed. Numbers alone should not determine the outcome of a fight, they should strongly impact them.

When you combine a low skill ceiling (Crowfall currently has) with a non strict friendly fire based system (what you are describing) you create a system in which the largest guild reigns supreme. The largest guild becomes the Uncle Bob that we were taught to hate during the Kickstarter. You aren't invited to Thanksgiving Bob!