Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planetside 2?

karetyr

Anyone playing Planetside 2?

For me, it's one of those games I can just jump into for a few minutes, do some medic-ing, and feel like I've accomplished something.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

I zoned out after 1000 hrs + 500 so in beta/alpha . A respectable amount of playtime considering I'm not the biggest shooter fan or best player around .

I'm currently watching https://www.eternalcrusade.com/ which promises to be PS2/ warhammer 40k , with slightly slower paced 3rd person mechanics and all the cool poorly made socks from 40k lore .

O:MFG was their cheekily-named performance update, Operation: Make Faster Game.

I believe that July 2014 was after said update.

They've significantly changed the game; classes no longer have certifications, and it's easier to just pick up new gear and play with it.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

It still amuses me that they advertised this "performance update", yet its still significantly worse than beta for me. In beta I could run medium graphics (low shadows) with 60 FPS full HD, now I can barely get 40+ FPS with lowest graphics and HD resolution. Yeah I know, get a proper computer, but still feels weird that for my lap top the game was better optimized during early beta stages.

Compared the Planetside 1, the game was really pretty bad.

Mechanically it was good, but there was no longevity or meta game.

I'm amazed they didn't learn anything from PS1. Really, mind blowing how hard they dropped the ball.