Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CheezePoof

Overpowered.

this class atm have way to much game mechanics abuse. through wall teleports, possibility to jump on walls and buildings, trees, rocks etc. instant (not over time) damage which make it possible to oneshot ppl.

if this all be fixed, druid will be still strong but not overpowered. as well as I did not think it is overpowered now.

btw I do not know about 5.4 with new antiCC system. if they keep healing on retaliate, this will be god mode coz 3sec CD+heal+working on all CC (root,silence) is way to strong

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

INB4 Tinnis deconstruction mode :D 

Here, I'll give it my own shot.

• AFAIK the delay on tray swap and the telegraphing of abilities are here to stay, so no worries there.

• Makkon already made a good point that the teleport functionality is bugged (at least I really hope it is), and that won't be a factor forever (though it'll probably stay this way for a while yet) (also not a Druid-specific thing) (also Dissipate literally just got nerfed, give it a second to settle).

• Yes, Retaliate has a 3 second internal cooldown, but it also costs 75% (or slightly less with training) of your Stamina pool which does not regenerate quickly in combat - it takes about 9-10 seconds, from a full Stamina bar, to get enough stamina to Retaliate again while in Combat mode (video provided below).
    • Now, I'll concede that a 10 second CD 1.3k self-heal is kinda nuts, and the healing value on this should probably be lowered - BUT only after some combat testing has been done... Druid health pools have been lowered a fair bit, Dissipate is now double the CD (the best way to mitigate damage is to not be there to take it in the first place), and Punch Drunk is no longer going to let you cast this faster than twice in 10 seconds (see Stamina regen analysis).

• Yes the one-shot is crazy (that's a non-sequitur; one-shots are always crazy), BUT;
    • it requires a long set-up time;
    • it can be non-consentually removed by teammates (though with discipline this can be avoided); 
    • it's limited to the area that orbs have been placed; 
    • it is telegraphed (granted the visual cue of spawning orbs is rather understated, and is completely smothered by all the fancy GT-AoE's going around, ACE pls);
    • it can be waltzed out of if the target is not CC'ed, and if they are CC'ed they can simply Retaliate -> Dodge instead
    • and regardless of all this it should be obvious that Druids are gonna try to set traps up in choke points - jump past those areas with gusto and/or bait it out with your melee players and/or the classes who have multiple invulnerabilities and/or 50% cost C's that charge within 10 or so seconds of active combat.

If a Druid can predict/time all these ability cooldowns, find the time to cast 10 selfish orbs (closer to 15 for a true one-shot) while keeping themselves and their team safe, persuade their team to not eat those juicy orbs, bring the vulnerable target(s) into the right area, get them CC'd (and hold them there), then I'd say they've jolly well earned the right to dunk their balls on someone's face for massive damage. Anyone who puts themselves in danger of being hit by this ability probably earned those balls to the face through their own poor judgment or misplay (or getting stuck in a fort hippo *cough* @Ginko *cough*).

Now, being an avid Druid player myself, of course I would rush to defend this class... I won't however deny that the Druid is a very very strong and versatile class, because honestly it really is (why do you think I love it so much?), but I don't want to see any misconceptions here.

Any other points of contention? There's still a few "overpowered" things about the Druid that have yet to be addressed here :)

Edited by Xarrayne
doubled the usage of very, because Druid is very very strong :)

:^)

looks like another case of druid gonna suffer from generic changes elsewhere then [cough wood-elf rangers cough]

and yea, druid used to have 'mid tier' hp values, now we're down to 'lowest tier' hp values as a ranged class.

any druid orb damage consideration is merely them condensing the time they wasted not auto attacking like everyone else can freely.

you also neglect to mention that the druid orbs have a 5m melee range ;p [and 60 second lifetime duration]

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

2 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

All of this is moot anyway because Druid got removed in 5.4 :lol: RIP in peace sound fx changes OP :( 

i cant even connect to 5.4 despite access granted due to network issues vs new unity RIIIP ;p

5.4 patch notes:

Tinnis was removed.

Edited by Tinnis

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

i cant even connect to 5.4 despite access granted due to network issues vs new unity RIIIP ;p

5.4 patch notes:

Tinnis was removed.

Another devastating blow to the Druid community... Will the abuse ever end? :(

sarahmclachlan.mp4

:^)

10 hours ago, Tinnis said:

did you try out disable ipv6?

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

1 hour ago, makkon said:

did you try out disable ipv6?

i've been busy with other stuff for most of the weekend and honestly did not have the energy to jump through such hoops