Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CheezePoof

What is the confessors strength?

I can tell they are not a 1v1er, even if they get the drop on someone. I feel they are a middle class dps with high utility and mobility? Lots of debuffs through sin crit and anti-healing, stun on demand and knockups/pushes etc in their core build. are they meant to be ranged controllers, like a healers bodyguard to peel someone off? I just felt so underwhelming when i went into pvp as a confessor, maybe it was the basic gear vs people who had upgrades i dont know, I just felt like I wasnt allowed to cast damage as much as i wanted, and I should be conserving my mana for key timing CC for OTHER people to do their job?

Basic gear vs adv is a big, big factor the rest is up to you and how you want to play it.

Here is my view:

Fessor is more fun to play now than ever before for me. It is not overpowered but serves a critical role. Late game I think you will see more 1v1 possibilities but right now there isn't enough crit/crit dmg and low PCM weapons to really be effective at dueling.

Currently, I use my fessor to CC, provide group buffs and add supression fire. I run with Weapon finesse minor and righteousness + 1 other depending on the team comp. I usually take escape artist to help my healers out of suppress and roots and maybe runecaster for HP buff and armor mitigation... but again that depends on the team comp.

In fights, I try to use wall of fire any time its up to keep dmg on as many enemies as possible. That and call the flames (from Netharian race) are 2 AOE dmg/DoT that can really help deal with all the constant healing clerics are doing. Throw in tomatoes and knock ups when it's opportune but try not to go crazy so you don't go OOM.

"C" is the big game changer for me. Being able to use it twice when fully charged (with a 7 sec CD) gives fessors just enough to gtfo, get some healing and recoupe when they get focused. It's also great to rush into a group drop a few AOE's, blind them all and dash back out.

If you don't mind the watermarks I have a few vids of recent fights I've been a part of. I will warn, I'm a crafter not a PvPer but as of late I've really enjoyed battling with my fessor. I'm sure better players than I have other thoughts on how they use their fessors.

Hope this helps, I've really enjoyed myself and hope you will too! Go Fessors!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXWNBLv3a8Zw8CXpH6ZEVzQ?view_as=subscriber

4 minutes ago, CheezePoof said:

are people not dropping their equipment on death in the test server? or were they in basic gear and that doesnt drop? im just confused because the people i saw you loot check only had logs and tools in the inventory?

Equipped anything doesn't drop. If you've seen the gear on people after death its because they have a full inventory of Basic stuff from the rack.

7 minutes ago, Brightdance said:

Equipped anything doesn't drop. If you've seen the gear on people after death its because they have a full inventory of Basic stuff from the rack.

well that is very heartbreaking news. what is the point in me killing someone worth money if its not in their inventory but all on their character, runescape had a good loot system of 3 highest value items kept on death, 4 with prayer, 0 with skull for hitting someone first, and 1 if you have skull + prayer.

this just makes me want to farm harvesters or set up a fight club with high stakes 1v1s in the gorge

Hardcore! They will have campaigns that will be just that. Go here to learn more about the game.

https://crowfall.com/en/faq/gameplay-and-systems/campaign-modules/ 

But here is the bit pertaining to Campaigns.

Campaign Attributes:

Attributes are basically configuration settings.

There is a baseline set of Campaign rules that are common across all Campaigns. These attributes MUST be set in order to run a Campaign. Think of these as the simple (but highly impactful!) settings that are “dialed in” at the beginning of each Campaign. This includes settings like:

• Map Size: How large is the world?
  • Duration: How long does each season last? How long does the entire Campaign last? What triggers the end of the Campaign?
  • Import/Export Rules: How much stuff can be brought in and out of the world, and when?
  • Magic Level: How powerful are the different types of magic?
  • Archetype Restrictions: Is this Campaign restricted to only certain archetypes?
  • Resource Scarcity: What is the population of resources available on this world, by type (common, uncommon, rare?)
  • Death Penalties: When a player dies, do their items decay? If so, how much? What are the looting rules on death?

On 28/11/2017 at 11:49 AM, CheezePoof said:

this just makes me want to farm harvesters or set up a fight club with high stakes 1v1s in the gorge

You should always want to farm harvesters anyway. Loot pinatas <3

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

On 11/28/2017 at 8:49 AM, CheezePoof said:

well that is very heartbreaking news. what is the point in me killing someone worth money if its not in their inventory but all on their character, runescape had a good loot system of 3 highest value items kept on death, 4 with prayer, 0 with skull for hitting someone first, and 1 if you have skull + prayer.

I agree with you. Make your voice heard or we might not get these more hardcore play styles.

What I fear is that we keep this current equipped gear doesn't drop type system. This allows one team to use their higher gear as an advantage without running the risk of dying and giving away good loot to the enemy. The fear of giving good armor to an enemy is a large motivator of why you don't wear gear of this tier all the time.

1 hour ago, ClockworkOrange said:

I agree with you. Make your voice heard or we might not get these more hardcore play styles.

What I fear is that we keep this current equipped gear doesn't drop type system. This allows one team to use their higher gear as an advantage without running the risk of dying and giving away good loot to the enemy. The fear of giving good armor to an enemy is a large motivator of why you don't wear gear of this tier all the time.

I have suggested a few steps between Gods Reach inventory loot and Dregs full loot, likely no vessel loot ever but we shall see.   The middle step is the one that a person with trained skill could force a piece or pieces of a dead body's equipped items into the inventory to be looted, a scavenge skill (in the appropriate crafter skill tree) that is channeled and depending on skill bumps an item of that type into lootable status.  The mechanic for vessel loot would be more a necromancy channeled skill that dissembles the vessel parts for looting, you don't get the actual vessel, it gets ripped apart (only if you have a trained necromancer out in the fight, need a reason for every crafter to have a skill that applies out in the field).   All of these only work when you wipe an enemy because the "channel" is out of combat and bodies should be protected by friendlies until crow release-body recovery.   And you have to be fast on the ability.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

20 hours ago, Frykka said:

I have suggested a few steps between Gods Reach inventory loot and Dregs full loot, likely no vessel loot ever but we shall see.   The middle step is the one that a person with trained skill could force a piece or pieces of a dead body's equipped items into the inventory to be looted, a scavenge skill (in the appropriate crafter skill tree) that is channeled and depending on skill bumps an item of that type into lootable status.  The mechanic for vessel loot would be more a necromancy channeled skill that dissembles the vessel parts for looting, you don't get the actual vessel, it gets ripped apart (only if you have a trained necromancer out in the fight, need a reason for every crafter to have a skill that applies out in the field).   All of these only work when you wipe an enemy because the "channel" is out of combat and bodies should be protected by friendlies until crow release-body recovery.   And you have to be fast on the ability.

Not a bad suggestion, but for someone like me not something I really want. I feel like anyone should be able to loot in a full loot or semi full loot environment. To put looting behind a time based gate (passive training system) just forces me to learn something I feel I should already be able to do. I feel that Crowfall suffers this problem already by putting too much of its features behind hours/days of training.

I think your vessel idea is interesting, but I don't even like Vessels. I don't believe they will add anything exciting to this game. Hopefully I am wrong.

14 hours ago, srathor said:

10 deaths and the gear is gone. If you play a lot you are going to run into bad fights and die. It adds up quick. 

Yes you will lose the gear. The problem is, you will never lose the gear to the enemy. Here is a scenario where this makes a big difference. Guild A is twice the size and has more access to higher end resources than Guild B. Guild A will always out gear Guild B. If Guild B could pick off a few members of Guild A they could gear themselves on an equal playing field. Since there is no full loot drop in this scenario, Guild B will always be at a strong disadvantage against Guild A based on numbers AND gear. If Guild B at least had a chance of looting the better gear from Guild A, Guild A loses some of their advantage.

I don't understand why this is still a discussion. there will be loot rules that will allow you to loot gear on a body. "The Dreggs," I think its called. Those campaigns will have the most hardcore rules and environments and in return the largest rewards to the winning faction.

There will be carebear servers and loot everything servers. So everyone is happy.  As stated above:

"Death Penalties: When a player dies, do their items decay? If so, how much? What are the looting rules on death?" <- all adjustable 

There will probably be servers where 3 deaths mean your gear is destroyed, if not looted. They got it all.

For now, it's somewhere in the middle to make the masses happy and able to playtest.

BD

1 hour ago, Brightdance said:

I don't understand why this is still a discussion. there will be loot rules that will allow you to loot gear on a body. "The Dreggs," I think its called. Those campaigns will have the most hardcore rules and environments and in return the largest rewards to the winning faction.

There will be carebear servers and loot everything servers. So everyone is happy.  As stated above:

"Death Penalties: When a player dies, do their items decay? If so, how much? What are the looting rules on death?" <- all adjustable 

There will probably be servers where 3 deaths mean your gear is destroyed, if not looted. They got it all.

For now, it's somewhere in the middle to make the masses happy and able to playtest.

BD

Many of us feel the potential hardcore options of this game have softened over the development of this game. I understand the initial design of different rule-sets. With this in mind they can clearly add complete friendly fire, yet have made it appear that they won't. Just because at one time there was talks to make even Vessels lootable, doesn't mean it is currently being designed.

If this game fails to deliver BOTH real friendly fire and real full loot I don't think there is much left here for me. I will continue to actively speak up against this.

CO

Many of us feel the potential hardcore options of this game have softened over the development of this game. I understand the initial design of different rule-sets. With this in mind they can clearly add complete friendly fire, yet have made it appear that they won't. Just because at one time there was talks to make even Vessels lootable, doesn't mean it is currently being designed.

If this game fails to deliver BOTH real friendly fire and real full loot I don't think there is much left here for me. I will continue to actively speak up against this.

CO

Well, you can argue what they won't or will do based on your thoughts about what they are thinking... that's a confusing statement but I think it makes sense. I just go off what they have said. It's part of the games design and nothing they've said has hinted at them changing CW designs. 

If you can show me where they have hinted at no friendly fire or full loot then I'd be very interested to know about it.  We played with ff for months and it was great! 

BD

Edited by Brightdance

2 hours ago, Brightdance said:

If you can show me where they have hinted at no friendly fire or full loot then I'd be very interested to know about it.  We played with ff for months and it was great!

We aren't talking the same thing when we say friendly fire. I am talking about 100% friendly fire, group members don't get immunity. That is not currently in the game and there is no mention of it being added to the game. Even no filter, blunt Gordon dodged the question when asked about it during last weeks Q & A with him.

Talk to VN on this one, I don't have access to the "loyal backers forum" (could be wrong on that name). He was strongly advocating for this game and shot down anything said that was slightly negative in nature against Crowfall and kept saying things like "trust their vision, there are additional systems you don't know about...."

VN doesn't talk about Crowfall like that anymore. He is much more hostile. His attitude change is due to design decisions that showed this game is more being made for the casual player than the hardcore twitch player who wants bigger risk vs reward gameplay. So much so that it seems the more hardcore competetive twitch type player will no longer find a home in Crowfall.

On 11/29/2017 at 12:45 PM, Frykka said:

I have suggested a few steps between Gods Reach inventory loot and Dregs full loot, likely no vessel loot ever but we shall see.  

I consider Frykka an active member in this community and has forum access that I don't, he still can't confirm if there will be vessel loot or not.

The fact that we still don't know if there will be Vessel loot or not makes it seem like they are choosing to ignore these questions. Since they are ignoring the questions and we are this far along in development, I assume they don't have clear answers. At one end this makes me sad as they are probably not going with the more hardcore rulesets for FF and looting. I have hope that they aren't telling us because they are secretly working on it (wishful thinking).

Again, I am advocating for my personal agenda. I speak up to try to ensure Crowfall is the game I want to play. Due to the different rulesets options I believe there is also room for Crowfall to create campaigns I would never want to play. I just worry that the focus is overwhelmingly on rulesets I would never want to play. To the extent that my style of play is removed from the final design.

We aren't talking the same thing when we say friendly fire. I am talking about 100% friendly fire, group members don't get immunity. That is not currently in the game and there is no mention of it being added to the game. Even no filter, blunt Gordon dodged the question when asked about it during last weeks Q & A with him.

With so many combat powers that either chain or are aoe, it seems rather impractical to have FF on group members unless you make all characters ranged...   or you would drive that ranged comp meta by default leaving all melee player styles mechanically locked out.    Aoe is the devs anti zerg-blob go-to mechanic, imho, so for FF we are pretty much limited to what we tried out last spring.    There is a huge difference between faction green, guild green, and group green battle tactics and it has more to do with a players interpretation of  Free-for-all than Friendly-Fire.

We don't yet have the mechanic to even occupy vessels, so discussing how vessel looting would fit with that mechanic is premature on the practical side...    this is kind of how we got to where we are with FF, it hinges more on the design and engineering of the combat powers.

While FF and Full loot sound great to a self-declared hardcore fan, how it drives the tactical meta and whether that meta is fun to participate in is the key factor rather than the question of does it simply have these things or not.  I sure hope we get to test it thoroughly in late development, it really could drive an Uncle Bob ending very fast if early engagements result in lopsided results.  I can say it would be silly to enter such an environment without multiple sets of very average gear and vessels...   in other words the dregs would produce the best resources yet probably be fought over in the crappiest of gear.   If there was, instead of automatic access to full loot, gated skill access and a looting process as I suggest, it could change the decision making about how good the gear you would risk for what strategic purpose you log in for that day...  and still provide a way for you to lose it given a total route of your forces.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

On 11/30/2017 at 6:59 PM, Frykka said:

With so many combat powers that either chain or are aoe, it seems rather impractical to have FF on group members unless you make all characters ranged...   or you would drive that ranged comp meta by default leaving all melee player styles mechanically locked out.    Aoe is the devs anti zerg-blob go-to mechanic, imho, so for FF we are pretty much limited to what we tried out last spring.    There is a huge difference between faction green, guild green, and group green battle tactics and it has more to do with a players interpretation of  Free-for-all than Friendly-Fire.

What if they created a passive that reduced or negated friendly fire damage? That way it is zerg at your own risk, and zergers should at least be punished for grouping up massively in 1 way or another for balancing, either by damage from friendlies or sacrificing a part of your strength to reduce your risk to that. Personally never enjoyed the "50 people jump 1 person" part of large scale pvp, it is funner in 1v1 or small skrim groups, maybe 10v10 at the most so your actions are still MEANINGFUL. it does not feel like pvp to me if everybody clicks 1 button once per kill. Yes, that take coordination and some skill, but not as much as smaller scale battles would. I never really knew much about the friendly fire aspect of crowfall but I would love it just as a zerg deterrent.