Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CheezePoof

Resource bosses?

I remember in runescape if you were pwning rocks too long or trees etc, the guardian came to afk check you. a treeant usually 30 combat levels higher than you would come protect his trees and to see if you were just an afk bot. a golem, a river troll etc. all cool stuff.

now my idea would be, what if on chance for the really rare mats or motherlodes, they had a low chance of spawning a miniboss protecting that rock or tree with its life? it would have a guaranteed drop table of good loot like infused tools or 1% chance at orange mat drops if you stayed to fight him off and won, and you could even get a harvesting buff? this would push group harvesting even more because they would get stronger the more rare the mat is? or maybe just a guardian of the area your group/solo has to kill in order to access the ores trees etc?

admit it, a giant molten gold golem protecting the gold motherlode at the quarry would be a freaking sweet miniraid boss that could drop a few pieces of legendary gold ore. maybe it could take all 3 factions to bring him down? then after that fight its all out war between 3 factions of harvesters and their armies to see who can steal more loot off the others, and the victorious team gets a buff they can they use on the gold rocks to further increase rare mats. it would be a cool event IMO

I like this idea! Back in the UO days I remember mining and occasionally you would spawn  elemental monsters such as Valorite or Copper (depending what your mining) that varied in strength. Would love this in Crowfall!

This idea has being coming up now and then. Unfortunely ACE never commented on it AFAIK which is sad and somewhat expected, i mean, these guys have enough on their plate that they shouldnt look for more trouble.

When i think of resources guardians i always think of the game Dont Starve. There exist two treants that might come up if you harverst too much trees, every time you fell a tree any tree on screen has a chance of just coming alive and trying to kill you. Worse these treants have infinite aggro range which leaves you with 3 options: kill it, ask for forgiveness (plant trees until he stops) or well, die. Killing it yields a mat that is only obtainable through him.

They are really boss monsters meaning fighting them was almost suicide since they can appear anytime no matter wheter you are ready or not. I always planted trees to avoid trouble or in worst case set the whole forest on fire (destroying the loot sadly). Good times...

Now i feel like playing Dont starve again...

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

When i think of resources guardians i always think of the game Dont Starve. There exist two treants that might come up if you harverst too much trees, every time you fell a tree any tree on screen has a chance of just coming alive and trying to kill you. Worse these treants have infinite aggro range which leaves you with 3 options: kill it, ask for forgiveness (plant trees until he stops) or well, die. Killing it yields a mat that is only obtainable through him.

I really like that idea. I know PvE isn't the focus here, and there will be no quest lines etc. But there are things that ACE could eventually add to make PvE more dynamic but not take piles of time and resources, relatively speaking of course.

i think ACE mentioned a similar method of big monsters guarding a POI in a stream some months ago, but i am not 100% sure.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

I like the idea. Crowfall will not have any problems with bots i guess. Rare ressources are out in the world and there you will be killed very fast if you run brainless like a bot. Then you will be looted.

I really hope for bots, then i will waiting for them and kill them all few hours. More i dont need to farm :D