Sign in to follow this  
Tumnus

Hello, I'm Tumnus

I have followed Crowfall for a very long time, and am  hoping it can fulfill the expectations the team has set for itself.  I finally made the purchase, and will  test it out a bit before I bite on a larger package.

Shadowbane is the reason I'm here.  I dream this can resuscitate that portion of me that died when Shadowbane shut down.  I know there have been "better" MMO's, but nothing has filled the niche that Shadowbane filled for me.  

I've played UO, SB, WoW, DDO, LOTRO, EVE, and a few others, but nothing as intensely as I played SB for a short duration.  I now have a wife a kids, so I won't be able to be as intense, but can't wait to be involved in this type of game again!

Edited by Tumnus

35 minutes ago, Jah said:

Welcome!

Here's hoping they bring back some of that Shadowbane magic.

That's my hope, and thanks for the welcome!

Looking forward to getting a feel for this game, though my understanding is there isn't much to feel yet :)  My goal is, for once, to get involved in a game in Beta (or Alpha in this case), learn it's intricacies, and actually play it until it's not viable lol.  This could be the winner, though I'm afraid my kind-of-old-man reflexes may cause me to suffer in the skill based PvP :)

Don't worry Tumnus, there are others, me included (50), that have started feeling more doddery by each passing day.

But as we all know: A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be (Wayne Gretzky). 

Experience helps "knowing where the puck is going to be" and therefore veterans can still outsmart younger folks and get their fair share - even in the fiercest pvp-environment.

Edited by Askari

6 hours ago, Askari said:

Don't worry Tumnus, there are others, me included (50), that have started feeling more doddery by each passing day.

But as we all know: A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be (Wayne Gretzky). 

Experience helps "knowing where the puck is going to be" and therefore veterans can still outsmart younger folks and get their fair share - even in the fiercest pvp-environment.

Great points, Askari :)

I also have to remember that I'm not here to be the best,  because I don't have the time to put into it that the "best" players do (nor the money).  I'm here because it's fun... and sometimes it's fun to kill people.

I'm worried this is headed in the direction of a MOBA instead of an MMORPG.  Maybe it's because of how much of the RPG elements are unfinished.  I'm interested to see what type of crowd this game ultimately attracts.

You guys have some years on me, but the Army broke my body down and I'm not as mentally acute as I once was (on the fly, at least).  

You have me considering starting a guild focused on players that aren't the elite quick-twitch types, but older, seasoned veterans.

Maybe 30+, or 35+, something like that.  Could be fun.

Edited by Tumnus

Hi Tunmus and others!

I am new to Crowfall as well. It sounds like we might have roughly the same age; I am also a father of two young children and my gaming time is definately not what it used to be anymore!

Interesting point you make about MOBA. That’s a slight concern of me too; I really hope the RPG elements will be fleshed out as well.

I have played quite a few MMO’s , but I am sick and tired of chasing the endgame and then with and expansion being even further behind than I already was.

The dull questing systems of most themepark MMO’s don’t help either because most of them are just shopping lists to tick off all steps and go to the next.

The bland hotbar click once on target, stand still and finish a rotation is also something I cannot bare anymore.

So thats where Crowfall comes in. Truely interesting concepts and many elements I prefer like action oriented combat, deep crafting and open pvp.

Besides the MOBA vibe I am also keen to see how long time players will grow and feel more powerful along the way. With all items breaking down at some point there is no epic gear to show?

Great times ahead nonetheless!