Pann

Founders' Update: Pledges to Preorders - Official discussion thread

One thing that wasn't covered is the Layaway option.  If we have retired assets on layaway are we still able to pay it off after December 31st or will it need to be paid in full before December 31st to receive that asset?

Glad that new people looking into the game won't be put off by store items into the $1000s then without knowing the context!

Q: Can we make guilds for free?

jFEy9OA.png

Edited by Tinnis

2 hours ago, Weebles said:

One thing that wasn't covered is the Layaway option.  If we have retired assets on layaway are we still able to pay it off after December 31st or will it need to be paid in full before December 31st to receive that asset?

Thirded - any news on this?

Edited by Tumnus

2 hours ago, Anhrez said:

the concept of smaller packages leveraging "crowns" will be interesting to see.

@jtoddcoleman if the community have things in their existing bundles they may not want can they be exchanged back for Crowns? 

We've done redemptions on certain items in the past.  And we'll probably do so in the future.  I can't speak to what items we will specifically allow in redemptions until we do them though.

2 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Can we expect crowns to be obtainable in game? If yes can you give us a example of how? Can it be traded?

And cheers for unexpected update!

We have no plans for Crowns to be earned via gameplay.   Crowns will not be tradeable between players.

2 hours ago, Weebles said:

Our rule of thumb was Layaways should be paid off within 15 months but we haven't held anyone to that deadline.   We should do something about that, thanks for the reminder.  :)

10 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

Our rule of thumb was Layaways should be paid off within 15 months but we haven't held anyone to that deadline.   We should do something about that, thanks for the reminder.  :)

I was actually planning on putting a larger package on layaway right after Christmas - what would this change mean for me?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

It won't change anything that I know of now!

Great!  Just wanted to be sure my layaway item wouldn't disappear and get a message like, "We told you they were going away - here's some crowns to make up for your sadness."

4 hours ago, Weebles said:

1 hour ago, Tyrant said:

Great...THANKS @Weebles now I have to start paying on my stuff again <_<

Edited by Keaggan

3 hours ago, Tinnis said:

Glad that new people looking into the game won't be put off by store items into the $1000s then without knowing the context!

Q: Can we make guilds for free?

jFEy9OA.png

That is a really good question.

@Tyrant can I buy Screes account? 

Have you brainstormed other names for your currency? ESO's digital currency is called "Crowns"... Of course there are other commonly used ones as well, like shards, coins, ect.

14 minutes ago, Noc. said:

Have you brainstormed other names for your currency? ESO's digital currency is called "Crowns"... Of course there are other commonly used ones as well, like shards, coins, ect.

Gotta agree with this. "Crowns" doesnt really fit with Crowfall theme IMO. I mean, there is "crow" inside crowns but at least i  cant make the connection easily so crowns sounds unrelated to me, calling it coins would sound the same.

I suggest something related with feathers. Y'know crow crows have feathers and all. At least you can tell this is related to Crowfall at a glance. You can also use 2 word to name it like "primordial feathers", "sacred feathers", "golden feathers", etc. A nice name and a cool icon and we can call it a day.

57 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Gotta agree with this. "Crowns" doesnt really fit with Crowfall theme IMO. I mean, there is "crow" inside crowns but at least i  cant make the connection easily so crowns sounds unrelated to me, calling it coins would sound the same.

I suggest something related with feathers. Y'know crow crows have feathers and all. At least you can tell this is related to Crowfall at a glance. You can also use 2 word to name it like "primordial feathers", "sacred feathers", "golden feathers", etc. A nice name and a cool icon and we can call it a day.

crowns I believe represents the "kingdoms" that we will be waging war over. I think it fits the game well. This is a throne room simulator after all.