Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Pledges to Preorders - Official discussion thread

VIP Tickets and a few services will continue to be priced using real-world currency.

So the $800 store credit i have that i was planning to drop on VIP is not allowed to be spent on VIP?

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Umm Crow-ns definitely fits with crowfall's theme.

I think the direction of the store changes is good long-term.  

I think something ACE could do that would be very smart is to take the time now, before any more major store changes, and figure out exactly how EKs, Campaigns, and all of the stuff available in the store will all relate to each other and be used and then make it as clear to the community as possible so that there is no confusion for anyone that buys anything in the store.  We've already seen many changes to the store and items over time, let's hammer this stuff out once and for all and stick to it.  All of the changes can cause people confusion and they might get upset if things don't end up behaving the way they thought.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

8 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Gotta agree with this. "Crowns" doesnt really fit with Crowfall theme IMO. I mean, there is "crow" inside crowns but at least i  cant make the connection easily so crowns sounds unrelated to me, calling it coins would sound the same.

I suggest something related with feathers. Y'know crow crows have feathers and all. At least you can tell this is related to Crowfall at a glance. You can also use 2 word to name it like "primordial feathers", "sacred feathers", "golden feathers", etc. A nice name and a cool icon and we can call it a day.

Agree as well. While some of the post after you have some valid points, I still feel like crowns is a too generic and used at least a couple other places, something with feathers(as you suggested), or maybe related to souls, would fit way better imo

Edited by Gummiel

17 hours ago, Destrin said:

So the $800 store credit i have that i was planning to drop on VIP is not allowed to be spent on VIP?

VIP Tickets are now in merchandise tab.  You can convert this into VIP now, if you like.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

1 hour ago, jtoddcoleman said:

VIP Tickets are now in merchandise tab.  You can convert this into VIP now, if you like.

Todd

Some flexibility in shifting around the various states of liquidity (VIP, store credit, and partial layaway) would be appreciated once you firm up the new system.  Many of us have fairly long, complex (and frankly confusing) lists of assets that have been developed through the early years of development without full understanding of what we were buying/pledging and how it would operate in game. 

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

As someone who was in the original Kickstarter for 2 packages (Amber and Gold) I have yet to 'unbundle' any of my packages.  Due to RL and events unfolding in my life at this time I have not done this and wondering if these changes would affect anything within those packages?  I can unbundle if need be but due to these events I've lost track of the game within the last year (unfortunately).  Again, I can unbundle if there is a need but if I can go back to waiting and dealing with RL; it would be best.

Many thanks again to the entire CF Team!

kaGO5WE.png

1 hour ago, threash said:

I turned most of my VIP tickets into store money, will that turn into crowns now and will i be able to buy the same amount of vip tickets i had before with those?

Apparently not.
The message mention VIP tickets and game packages will still cost real currency, while your entire wallet will be converted into crowns.

I am also concerned about this since I was keeping a wallet and was hesitating between getting more VIP or some mount.

On ‎30‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 12:52 AM, BarriaKarl said:

"Crowns" doesnt really fit with Crowfall theme IMO. I mean, there is "crow" inside crowns but at least i  cant make the connection easily so crowns sounds unrelated to me, calling it coins would sound the same.

I actually like crowns a lot. Like you said, it has a crow in it. Then crowns relate to kingdoms. And since hundreds of years the currency Krone exists. For example in denmark, sweden, island, czechia. And Krone means nothing else but crown.  

And as a side fact, it's a good word for rhyming.

The sword pushed through him by the hand
of evil breed - he falls down and
with his last breath he eerily frowns:
I'll loose my life ... but not my crowns!

Perfect, see? :D 

2W1ZHpA.jpg

23 hours ago, ren said:

Some flexibility in shifting around the various states of liquidity (VIP, store credit, and partial layaway) would be appreciated once you firm up the new system.  Many of us have fairly long, complex (and frankly confusing) lists of assets that have been developed through the early years of development without full understanding of what we were buying/pledging and how it would operate in game. 

7 hours ago, threash said:

I turned most of my VIP tickets into store money, will that turn into crowns now and will i be able to buy the same amount of vip tickets i had before with those?

5 hours ago, Gaulwa said:

Apparently not.
The message mention VIP tickets and game packages will still cost real currency, while your entire wallet will be converted into crowns.

I am also concerned about this since I was keeping a wallet and was hesitating between getting more VIP or some mount.

So these three quotes are why I think an additional news story is needed. I too, quickly glanced at the news story and did not catch the subtle change occuring here. The items were broken up in such a way that the casual observer might miss it (and clearly some did).

• Wallet Dollars are turning into Crowns
  • VIP remains purchasable only (?) with Dollars.

It's easy to see why this might end up screwing some people over. If their wallets get converted into Crowns, and they hadn't been paying attention (and that includes all the people who don't read forums regularly/pay close attention to news stories), they might be left with 500,000 Crowns (or whatever conversion ratio is) and no way to buy VIP.

As I understand it, this would have the following ramifications;

• Those players would be unable to convert Crowns into VIP
  • Crowns aren't tradable, effectively limiting the use of their sizable wallets to personal EK-dress-up-stuff.

These would be a pretty big deal for your most fervent fans (people who've spent hundreds or thousands of dollars backing your game). I understand the business logic behind this, but you should do more then simply add VIP back into the store and hope they'll catch it. I'd be pretty disgruntled to be stuck with $800 in Crowns, especially considering what can seemingly be bought with them (and what cannot).

Clarifying that Crowns can be used to purchase VIP would be one solution, and if they aren't a more targeted and specific announcement is in order. It'd be a good pro-active customer service move in my opinion.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

So my Gold Membership will count towards the eventual purchase of the game?  Will those of us that patronized the game get to be in the beta?

I am gun shy a little I got ripped off really badly on Everquest Next

Thank you

Edited by Zhuriel
added a sentence

14 minutes ago, Scree said:

Clarifying that Crowns can be used to purchase VIP would be one solution, and if they aren't a more targeted and specific announcement is in order. It'd be a good pro-active customer service move in my opinion.

I agree with this totally

Hey @Devs

Quick questions:

• How many Crowns equal $1? 
  • What will be the new
    • parcel prices be in Crowns?
    • mount prices be in Crowns?
    • building prices be in Crowns?
    • deco prices be in Crowns?
    • stronghold prices be in Crowns?
    • relic prices be in Crowns?
  • What other items and services are coming to the store?
  • Can we use Crowns to pay off layaway?
  • Why are cash money in the wallets being converted? Or is it just credits now equal Crowns?

Information is needed before I make any financial decision. I'm sure you can understand the importance of that. It will be much appreciated :)

Thanks,

-Keaggan

1 hour ago, Zhuriel said:

So my Gold Membership will count towards the eventual purchase of the game?  Will those of us that patronized the game get to be in the beta?

I am gun shy a little I got ripped off really badly on Everquest Next

Thank you

Your Gold Package included a copy of the game; nothing else is needed to in order to play the game on live.  You purchased the game with your Gold Package backing.

Along with the ability to play forever, there will be VIP and for that you may have a few months of VIP (I don't remember the amount exactly for Gold), and you will have the option (as will everyone) of buying VIP for $15/month.

lUvvzPy.png

13 hours ago, Teufel said:

Your Gold Package included a copy of the game; nothing else is needed to in order to play the game on live.  You purchased the game with your Gold Package backing.

Along with the ability to play forever, there will be VIP and for that you may have a few months of VIP (I don't remember the amount exactly for Gold), and you will have the option (as will everyone) of buying VIP for $15/month.

thank you Teufel!

On 30/11/2017 at 10:13 PM, jtoddcoleman said:

Todd

He could... Unless this 800$ are on an european account. In that scenario he wouldn't have access to those dollars until the change is already done

Like a player above I have a kickstarter pack I haven't unbundled yet.  Mine is Ruby.  I always hoped to eventually upgrade it.  But my life has been in the crapper the past two years.  I have unfortunately missed a lot and don't understand what is going on.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:24 PM, Noc. said:

Have you brainstormed other names for your currency? ESO's digital currency is called "Crowns"... Of course there are other commonly used ones as well, like shards, coins, ect.

I keep suggesting "talons" but Todd and Gordon just nod and smile...

Ed Zavada, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook