Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've watched starting guides and they tell me to first cut a tree. Now for some reason I don't have that interaction available for some reason. Is it something on my side (playing in Australia so 350 ms ping) or am Imissing something.

2 hours ago, Reaperfire said:

So I've watched starting guides and they tell me to first cut a tree. Now for some reason I don't have that interaction available for some reason. Is it something on my side (playing in Australia so 350 ms ping) or am Imissing something.

Your side, if you play on the live server you should be starting with a basic infinite axe rune, and if on your test server you should be able to sap the essence of the tree with your hand etc to harvest it (the difference is due to the overhaul of the gathering system in 5.3 that haven't made it to the live yet). All you have to do it run up to a tree and press and hold F on live, or leftclick to attack on test(can be spammed or hold in this case). and in both places you should get a indication on your screen when you are within range and aiming at the tree

Edited by Gummiel

Yeah I'll give it another go later tonight. Nothing comes up on my screen like "F to interact" when I'm in front of trees. Maybe pings too high for game to acknowledge it.

Make sure you are not in combat mode, press Z to toggle this.

I must admit my first night on I spent ten minutes staring at a tree impotently pressing F until I changed out of combat mode and finally got the prompt.

41 minutes ago, Rickenbacker said:

I must admit my first night on I spent ten minutes staring at a tree impotently pressing F until I changed out of combat mode and finally got the prompt.

I'm roughly 100.1% sure this is the problem: make sure you're not in combat mode :)

Edited by Tumnus

On 01/12/2017 at 12:13 AM, Tumnus said:

I'm roughly 100.1% sure this is the problem: make sure you're not in combat mode :)

On 30/11/2017 at 11:32 PM, Rickenbacker said:

I felt like the biggest idiot after reading this. Hopped on and it worked and I can play the game for a bit now so that's good. Thanks for the help guys.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, Reaperfire said:

I felt like the biggest idiot after reading this. Hopped on and it worked and I can play the game for a bit now so that's good. Thanks for the help guys.

Sure thing - I know that when I finally switched over, I thought to myself : "How long could I have gone without realizing what the problem was?"  I laughed, because it could have been a long time!