Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dwarfurious

Just A Theory About The Hunger...

Yes you're reliable, consistent and incapable of deception...which is why you're ill suited to warfare of any kind. You move stone well, and work wondrously in metal, but trouble yourselves not with the complexities of the battlefield. They are beyond your capabilities.

We dont even have to trouble ourselves, you elves will fight amongst yourselves until you're out of blood. In a century from now you'll probably have  Dark/Ebony/Onyx/Shadow Elves all at your and each others throats.

I'm only after shinies. If Dwarf or Elf has shinies I'll takes the shinies for myself!

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

I love the idea of players being transformed by the Hunger.  Doesn't have to happen on every inner planet but it's a pretty fun concept.

I would like it if players could somehow PvP on the environment's (Hunger if you wish) side. Being able to "re-skin" as a zombie for example would be fun as hell. There are a lot of things you could do with that concept.

I would like it if players could somehow PvP on the environment's (Hunger if you wish) side. Being able to "re-skin" as a zombie for example would be fun as hell. There are a lot of things you could do with that concept.

LOTRO has the Moors - an area where regular players can go fight the orcs/spiders/goblins/bad guys that are found all through the game.  Except in the Moors the bad guys are played by players themselves.

So it's PvP (very low consequence - a bit of gear damage but no PvP looting) but you can play on the side of the monsters.  Really fun now that I've started embracing the rawrrrr.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

LOTRO has the Moors - an area where regular players can go fight the orcs/spiders/goblins/bad guys that are found all through the game.  Except in the Moors the bad guys are played by players themselves.

So it's PvP (very low consequence - a bit of gear damage but no PvP looting) but you can play on the side of the monsters.  Really fun now that I've started embracing the rawrrrr.

Yeah "Monster Play", I did it. It surprised me how poorly large engagements worked (extremely laggy) given the resources of such a large publisher. Great concept, just wish it would have been world wide. I was disappointed. Plus the grind of dailies....

......... Oh and this is a little OT, but we must have Grobolds... they can morph into Snobolds as The Hunger encroaches upon us. I wonder if "Reekor" could possibly be resurrected.

Edited by armegeddon

This might surprise some people, but i'd be against that idea.

Why spend development time on something that players will do all by themselves on every world?

Back on topic. The greatest challenge would be making Hunger versions of each archtype, and new skills for them. I think a simplified version would be best, just a small variety of Hunger archtypes and you become one randomly. It would rely on a Zerg mentality but it would be appropriate.

What makes you think the Hungry will have skills or self-direction? Zombies in films are mostly just mindless mob monsters.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I'm going to create an Elf-versus-Dwarf only campaign in honor of this thread.

Todd

ACE

15 Yet in that time and place the Sky Hunter laid in wait, angry over the death of his mother. 16 The Hunter fell upon his uncle, thinking to take him unawares. 17 Prince Kane lashed out in surprise, felling the Sky Hunter with a single blow.

The bomb has been planted...

Edited by Vaands

"An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A Ranger practices until he never gets it wrong." -The Lost Stories  

naxCJH.png

✣Junte-se a nós✣