Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crafting station locations and access

Xilanxiv

Hey everyone!

Was thinking about crafting stations.  I see in the cottage you can have a crafting station, and the villa says multiple crafting stations. 

Does the Fort Lodge let you place crafting stations?  And in that location will guildies or the public be able to have access to use it?  I played SWG tons back in the day and a lot of this looks like that, which is perfect to me, and there you could place crafting stations in town halls and let the public use them and even charge entry to use them. 

But if there are multiple types of crafting stations for the different skills, then I'll need something more than my cottage to craft in, right?

Hey Xilanxiv,

It's a little too early on this one, as functional crafting stations haven't made it into the game yet.  Some of the art assets have been added, but players can't yet make, place, or use them.  In current testing, we do see crafting stations in the fort lodge and the keep building (as furniture), so it's reasonable to assume it will stay that way going forward.

Each crafting discipline has its own station (Blacksmithing, Runemaking, Leatherworking, etc.), so you'll definitely need enough buildings to support them all.  Unlike SWG, the crafting stations in Crowfall will also function as factories for mass production, so it's possible you'll need multiple of the same type of station to meet your needs.  We'll have to wait and see exactly how the details shake out, but the takeaway here is that Crowfall will be largely be a game for groups and guilds, and crafting is no exception to that.

The housing in SWG was amazing; if they manage to replicate that experience with Crowfall's player-built structures I'll be pretty happy with it.

Interesting, I hadn't picked up that the stations were the factories too.  If a station is in use, then can it be used for crafting at the same time, or did you mean like if you needed multiple runs of something to make fort walls, then you would need several stations to have numerous concurrent productions, and another for crafting of that type too.

I'm mostly trying to decide if having a cottage and keep will get me set up enough to go right into another profession or will I need to start by trying to build a villa or something then I can start researching jewelcrafting.

Thanks for the reply!

I was mostly referring to the components necessary to make one item, a sword for example.  A sword needs a blade and a hilt (which is made from a grip, pommel, and crossguard).  If you wanted to mass produce all those bits simultaneously, you'll probably need a station for each one, plus another to produce the identical metal bars necessary for most of those pieces.  This is just a guess on my part.  It's possible they'll let us use one station for multiple concurrent components as long as you have the necessary thralls and blueprints, but I doubt that will be the case.

If you already have a cottage and a keep, you're *probably* all set.  In current testing, the keep has at least four(?) different stations in it.  Again, they're just cosmetic at the moment, so this may not mean much.  We'll have to wait for the next phase of crafting to be implemented to know for sure.

Edited by Hyriol

11 hours ago, Tinnis said:

@Xilanxiv / @Hyriol

awhile ago i asked todd on twitter and he confirmed that you will be able to put a crafting station in something like a tent instead of a 'proper' building if you don't have enough slots

That's a relief, sounds like a good idea.  Man, so excited for this game!